Summit Medical Group Employee Reviews

At first a great experience then over the years became unpleasent
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 22, 2018
My experience working at the group at first was great. The doctors and staff were like a family. As years progressed the company began to become greedy and didn't care for the staff. It was more like working with a warehouse then a medical facility. Sometimes there was so much work you wouldn't get a lunch break.The doctors were cheap and I would never get a thank you after going the extra mile. The company was desperate and hired anyone even if they were unprofessional. Overall me working there gained me a great amount of working experience.
Pros
Clean
Cons
short breaks, over worked, cheap doctors
Excellent staff
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Park, NJJune 21, 2018
Love Summit Medical Group- excellent Benenfits -- many Opportunities for advancement ...great staff great doctors employee oriented.. Lots of nice perks.
nice place to work for
General Surgery/Bariatric Surgery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 19, 2018
its very organized and caters to the population , I get to work with very nice people, the doctors are extremely friendly . everyone pitches in to help
Work load
medical biller (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 13, 2018
The work load is tremendous, not enough employees for the work to be done. Very stressful and has a lot of clicks. Huge turn around of employees, clinical managers are terrible.
Friendly environment
URGENT CARE PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 24, 2018
All staff and patients are friendly and kind! I love how everyone is willing to help one another including patients and staff. Staff is always welcoming!
work with good people
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 19, 2018
I work with good people it's like a family Summit is a good environment. location is good variety of doctors different specialty doctors. overall a good place to be.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
working saturdays
working automonously
Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 17, 2018
I like the fact that I work autonomously. Can take care of the patient solely on my own. I have my own office space to take care of my patients. I am able to establish a good working relationship with my patients
Pros
can work independently
Cons
meddling co-workers
Busy, Fun, Energetic
Patient Service Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 17, 2018
I work in a health care profession as a patient care representative, for a busy specialty office. Most my hours are spent multitasking, such as triaging phone calls, fulfilling request, corresponding to emails & managing providers schedules. What I've learned in my 19 years of employment is, live to do your best, make everyday impressionable contact with your customers count as your last day, and life will reward you by what you do, not who you are.
Very poor management
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 11, 2018
Summit does not care about it's employees and where I worked there was a lot of favortism a back stabbing in the management. You work your butt off with little or not help at all.
great
Urgent Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 25, 2018
my department closed, summit created a position in order for me to continue working with this company. i really love the team work, and have build lasting relationship with the staff.
Pros
great environment
Cons
great environment
Nothing but stress and back stabbing
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 24, 2018
Stressful place,to work no peace .I loved it when I first started but that soon changed it didn't last long. You're treated really good for the first few months after getting asked everyday you mean you came back . then that changes to hardly speaking to you at all and if you're not a favorite you can forget it.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks
Great place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 23, 2018
Great perks! And many offices and locations in New Jersey. Co-workers are very friendly. Tuition reimbursement, if you want to go to school. I would highly recommend working there.
Not Bad
Medical Assistant/PSR (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 23, 2018
Summit Medical Group has a diverse working environment. It more corporate with over 50 satellite offices. They offer decent medical, vision, and dental benefits. They are willing to train employees despite work experiences.
Pros
Can use vacation days before 1 year of employment
Cons
Short breaks, no separate sick days
It was a nice, fast pace, environment to work. Great experience!
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 21, 2018
Great environment to work. However, I was seeking higher advancements. This company didn't provide enough challenge. At this point in my life I needed more money to pay the bills.
good
Chief of Adult Primary Care Service Line (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 13, 2018
fast paced, expanding. health care management expanding.
Advanced ACO. good future. management can be problematic. good vision, and many good people employed.
great benefits but little pay
MA/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 10, 2018
Little pay, great co-workers, great benefits. management very strict Make sure your not late or too many calls is unacceptable. Depends on the dep, you're not allowed to do overtime.
benefits
Cons
very strict
well established organization
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  morristown njMarch 9, 2018
Everybody works as a team. Good communication through emails
you need extra hours to work as overtime it can be available. Patients are very nice here. We work hard to make the patients comfortable and give them best customer service
Pros
dont have to fill out papers everytime seeing a summit doctor for first time
Cons
no grace period if running late
What I learned
Medical Coder and Biller (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJMarch 8, 2018
This was a Temporary Coding position at Summit Medical Group. I learned how to Code from many different physician specialty's. Worked as a team with the Billing Department. Very happy to learn all different types of Physician specialty.
Pros
Very good Coding experience
Cons
Only a temporary position
Bad Company-Greedy
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJFebruary 19, 2018
This company cares only about money, it is fast paced, buying up all these offices and the Dr offices in many cases are like a line at a deli counter. They allot the Drs 10 min per patient and although you may not need an apt for lets say a BP check, they require you to come every 3 months or will not refill your meds!!
Pros
I was not micromanaged due to my position
Cons
Placed greed before employee concerns
Place where you can utilize Customer Service Skills
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJFebruary 15, 2018
My typical work day, is greet each patient with a friendly salutation, check in process which is making sure all the insurance and id is valide, assist the doctor or medical assistance in whatever manner I can, then schedule whatever appointment. the patient may need to follow up. I enjoy working with people and I have excellent customer service skills I functioned as our lead Patient Service Representative, the work place in which I sat was wonderful as we all got along well and worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job was not being recognized for going above and beyond or out of your way to help others. I always get up in the morning with the excitement of going to help change someones life for the better. I enjoy helping others.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Short lunch, no noticeable pay increase, no recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight