Summit Medical Group Employee Reviews

I am so sad when it close///
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2019
I love to be in that clinic love my patient love my staff, I was so sad when the owner said the was planning to close the clinic do to the was going back to they country. was a very sad day for me. I was there more than 15yrs. love it...
Poor training
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 15, 2019
Like working in a high school clique environment. Very fake. Acted like they wanted you to succeed yet had barriers. No understanding or empathy of issues that may make one late (traffic, accidents)
Also had no protocols in place for employee reviews.
I enjoy working at Summit Medical Group, they care about the employess and patientd
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMay 14, 2019
I work in a private office with many different specialists. We see many patients and we have to be on point with your phlebotomy skills. Its a fast pace environment but i love every minute of it. I enjoy talking to the patients to make the phlebotomy experience easier. Summit Medical Group provides me with all the necessary tools to make my day run smoothly.
Pros
Flexable schedule health benefits
Cons
No complaints
Pruductive
PSR/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  300 Madison ave, Madison NJMay 13, 2019
I was soo blessed to have been part of such a professional and caring people. Everyone from gront desk staff to the doctors are carrying people that pushed me to be the best i can be.
Stable, growing Company
Application System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2019
Overall, Summit is a stable and growing company. Hospital independent and physician owned. While some of the everyday decisions made makes me "scratch my head" based on my previous experience, the overall direction is positive, so I roll with it.
Pros
Flexible telecommute
Cons
Some management policies are in conflict with telecommuting
zero work life balance
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2019
Poor communication in the office, more drama than patient care focused staff, long hours with little compensation or recognition. Excellent pay with ability to adjust contract annually, relatively good vacation time offered upon hiring.
Cons
more focused on making money than taking care of patients
Communication is an issue
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 3, 2019
Communication is not a strong point. This leads to a lot of whispering, gossip and speculations amongst employees. Teamwork is lacking. It is every man for himself. It is not a leadership based management. Always short staffed.
Benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Welcoming atmosphere, collaborative environment.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 3, 2019
I started at Summit Medical Group Oregon BMC eight months ago. I have felt welcomed and supported from the very beginning. I really enjoy the opportunity to be an active member of a growing organization that consistently works to honor it's values. I am both grateful and proud to be employed by SMGO BMC.
Pros
Supportive leadership, friendly team members
SMG workflow
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 24, 2019
The same as UMC but each Medical Assistant assigned to each provider. The Hardest part of the job is the 12 hr days and 1 weekend days. The most enjoyable were the patients, coworks and Physicians.
Pros
money
13 years
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 20, 2019
It was decent to work for summit medical group. In 13 years I endured 5 managers, which causes stress and tension. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
Pros
Free lunches; co workers
Work Politics
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 17, 2019
The doctors are treated like kings and queens. Some staff are very unfriendly on the clinical side. They do not pay well at all but the health benefits are great. If you need health insurance I would recommend working here on the SMG side. The SHM side is the more business and salary portion of the company. I would suggest this job for people fresh out of high school or who are in college. Ideally you will not be able to live comfortably on this wage alone if you are fresh out of college with loans.
Pros
Healthcare, Pto
Cons
Pay
Summit Medical Group
PSR (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 16, 2019
I ensured patients were checked in correctly and respective copays and balances due were collected. I also confirmed that medical insurance were being entered correctly for timely billing. I learned how to approach different personalities in order to receive the most efficient working response.
Pros
Worked as a team, but also had freedom to work independently
Cons
Short lunches
It was ok, pay was good, u have to fit it, managers has favoritisms
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJApril 10, 2019
Excellent private company, excellent doctors, patients are often rude, exposed to very sick patients and they count calling out sick against you. Designed for u to fail. Pay us good but in Urgent Care your life is hard
Pros
Helping people, pay, doctors
Cons
PTO and sick is combined, hold call outs against you even if you are sick and have a doctors note
No fluff just work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIApril 2, 2019
It's a busy faced paced office with a lot of different things going on. You need to be a fast learner and self motivated. We have a multicultural staff which is a huge asset.
Pros
Free Lunches a few times a week.
Cons
Long Hours
A back 2 face work place
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 6, 2019
I loved my job. The office management was the wort i have ever worked in. I was discriminated against. I had surgery and was out 4 days and they would not pay me my sick time.
Pros
close to home
Cons
sorry place
Phone support
Clinical System Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJFebruary 24, 2019
This position is nothing but a phone support position. You will not be allowed to think outside of the box. The Director is a micromanager. The actual manager has no prior experience and does not know the system. You will spend most of the time in meetings discussing nonsense.
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJFebruary 9, 2019
I learn a lot with summit medical i got knowledge from the compnay and was able to use in my personal life. I was able to learn about insurance and billing. I was able to pick up on cpt codes we used. I also dealt with insurance and a everyday basic. I appreciate everyone there who helped me we also were a great department to work for. Patient accounts became like family.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Far away
Nice building to work in
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 29, 2019
Excellent area of town to work in. A lot or room to do a lateral move or work in another department. Understanding if you have an emergent issue that comes up. Will cross train if needed and provide hands on training.
Pros
location, relaxed work environment
Cons
lower than average pay for the area
Lovely place to work with friendly staff that works well together.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 27, 2019
A beautiful facility with nothing but the best physicians, nurses, techs and management. I will continue employment here with the utmost respect and loyalty to this company.
Pros
Overall best employee ever!
Cons
Not as many hours as I need.
busy and challenging professional environment
CEO (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 18, 2019
Management was motivated to do well and leadership development was taken seriously. There were often misunderstandings between corporate office staff and clinic sites. Communication for everyone was suboptimal at times given the rapid growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight