Summit Midstream Partners, LLC Employee Reviews

fun place to work
SOCC Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 24, 2018
I enjoy working for Summit Midstream. I started out as a contract employee through Abrams Technical Services and was brought on by Summit Midstream as a full time employee.
Focused yet fun atmosphere in some departments. Small office, CEO knows you by name.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
The culture is business yet casual. Coworkers are friendly and very helpful. It's a Team atmosphere. Daily tasks can be stressful as they are usually time, and detail sensitive.

The Teams usually share important celebrations by including everyone. Everyone is known by name no matter the position they hold which makes for a more personal work experience.

The company is growing quickly. As a result policy, procedural and practice changes take place often.
Pros
Friendly and helpful
Cons
Trying to keep up with the ever changing practices in some departments is difficult.
Great people to work with
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Good people and great learning experience. The oil and gas industry is a fun industry to be in and this company is perfect to learn in because it is public but still small enough that you aren't too overwhelmed.
Pros
small company
Cons
not much room for advancement
How they treat others!
Operator / Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75052October 14, 2017
One of the managers, told one of his employees, in front of just about the whole entire operations department, that He was the type of guy that would come up and kill everyone at work. Due to the fact, that guy doesn't say much to anyone when everyone picks on him. He just laughs and goes on about his day.
Very high stress, fast paced, many deadlines
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
We own multiple companies and have monthly operating and expense meetings with the employees out in the field. Then we have quarterly meetings where we have tight deadlines where we have footnotes/MDNA notes that have to be turned in on a very short deadline.
Pros
Great accounting team that works well together
Cons
we all work through lunch 90% of the time and rarley have time to connect with our peers.
small office
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Worked in small office and it was a great change of pace from the larger companies I had worked for in the past. Enjoy the face to face communication and work atmosphere. Always felt connected to company.
Pros
lots of food
Cons
long drive for me
Summit Midstream was a good job.
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COJune 22, 2017
Working at summit was a good job with good benefits. The paid time off was a good benefit to have. While working at summit I was provided with a work truck, tools, and fire resisitant clothing.
Pros
work supplies provided
Cons
Very loud work enviroment
Good place to work.
Senior HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDJune 12, 2017
Great group of guys to work with. Local management was easy to work with and listened to any and all suggestions made due to the safety of work to be performed.
Pros
Family orientated place to work.
Cons
Micro management.
Strong Coworkers and a Stable Energy Company
HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 8, 2017
I work with a lot of dedicated people who truly enjoy their jobs. The company appears ready for growth and we actually weathered the fall in the energy industry without any layoffs. This was a blessing and a testament to how the company is managed.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Depending on where you work you could see a lot of hours
Good place to work!
Mechanical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fruita, COApril 24, 2017
I been there since 2013. They are a good employer. Great team environment and awesome experiences with decent equipment. Can't speak highly enough of coworkers efforts and abilities. Great team!
Pros
Lot of OT, Competative Pay, Good health benefits and retirement match
Cons
Lot of OT, Communication issues
workplace culture
Contractor Safety & Compliance Training Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 24, 2017
I have the pleasure of working with some of the best safety professionals in the oil and gas industry. We challenge each other and strive to be better.
Pros
pay, healthcare
Cons
lack of development, promotion
Excellent Bonuses
Opertor/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 24, 2016
Summit Midstream is a great place to work. Enjoyed the personal who work there but no place for advancement or no continious education for processing equipment.
Fun and Exciting Midstream Company
Pipeline Project Manager/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Epping, NDFebruary 9, 2016
I truly enjoyed every day on the job, My supervisor was a wealth of knowledge, yet empowering. I learned more in 9 months than the previous 4 years.
Measurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fruita, CONovember 20, 2015
Summit Midstream taught me a great deal about the Natural Gas industry. I learned new database and software programs and worked with multiple companies able to assist in problem solving or sharing of information.

I enjoyed working for Summit Midstream and was laid off. I did not wish to relocate with my position to Houston.
Pros
Great Benefits
challenging place to work
Pipeline Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Epping NDJuly 18, 2015
Challenge to keep over 200 oil lact units operational and functioning properly.
I learned more about operating crude oil and salt water pipline in a short period of time.
Local management is very knowledgable about problems associated with daily operation of pipelines but upper management is not so knowledgable.

Coworkers worked very hard to keep pipelines operational on a daily basis
The hardest part of our job is the long hours and drive time. It takes very much time to complete our daily job requirements
The most enjoyable part of my job has been to be able to build a pipline and make it work efficiently.
Pros
Very good place to work
Cons
Long hours and not enough free time
Job insecurity and lacks quality management.
Gas Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COJuly 18, 2013
Gas control is a great job to have and allowed me to balance my work/home life. The co-workers were awesome because many of them have worked together for many years. The company has a problem with management thought. They put inadequate people in management positions which led to many of the employers seeking other employment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Providing Nat. Gas for customers was a very fulfulling Job.
Operator A - Rifle Clough Station (Former Employee) –  Rifle, ColoradoMarch 15, 2013
I enjoyed the challenge of working in the Natural Gas Industry. It was a well paying job with a lot of independance. You knew what had to be done and you planned your day accordingly. No one lorded over you and as long as you accomplished your goals and helped the companies reach their goals you were well rewarded. The tools, cloths and the things you needed to accomplish your work were all provided by the companies.

Early on in the Natural Gas business I worked in District, and I probably enjoyed it the most. The company was small but we were more like family. You loose a lot of that when a company is managed by an outside corporation and the interaction becomes less personal.
Pros
pay, benefits, independance
Cons
all weather conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Midstream Partners, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.