SUMMIT MORTGAGE CORPORATION

Working at SUMMIT MORTGAGE CORPORATION: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Constantly learning

You will constantly be learning in this industry, so you must be prepared for all of the changes that happen. I believe working for Summit Mortgage is greatly beneficial for trying to grow yourself as a Loan Officer

Pros

Good resources

good people

relaxed culture. great people. easy to do my job well. fun company events. Everyone worked really well together. very welcoming to new people. Owners are great to work for.

SUMMIT MORTGAGE CORPORATION insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues

A Mortgage Company with in-house Appraisers

The Mortgage Industry is a fast-paced operation with constant deadlines to be met. The Appraisal is typically one of the last documents required in order to close the loan. Loan Officers would drop by the Appraisal Department and ask the paramount question. When to you think that the Appraisal will be completed, we need to close on such and such a date. Although fast paced with the typical amount of stress due to deadlines, it was a good place to work and I enjoyed everyone with whom I worked.

Pros

Good place to work with decent pay

Cons

Fast paced with deadlines although that is not all bad.

Summit Mortgage was a good place to work.

I accepted the job at Summit Mortgage thinking that I was going to work more with training, compliance, auditing, and other capacities other than solely underwriting. I discovered when I took the job that correspondent lending was much more different than I anticipated it would be. I had a background of retail underwriting with some wholesale underwriting experience. The job ended up not being a good fit for me personally; however, the people that work there are top notch, and I wouldn't hesitate in recommended Summit Mortgage to others.

Pros

Good working environment.

Cons

Correspondent lending was not a good fit for me. I am accustomed to retail lending.

Very fast paced and productive workspace.

The mortgage industry isn't a glamorous one, but it has given me organizational and communicative skills. The one negative– lacks artistic creativity.

Pros

free lunch, good POT, technical support, large platform for networking

Cons

healthcare, diversity

Great place to work.

Enjoyed my time here. The people and company were great, my immediate boss, loan officer I assisted was the best. I would work there again.

Mortgage business is not a stable job field

A lot of employee turnover. I enjoyed fellow employees. Management was not consistent in decision making.

fun at times..

nice company..very friendly folks. Knowledgable about the mortgage industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUMMIT MORTGAGE CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits