Summit Orthopedics Employee Reviews

Ok
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 3, 2018
If you are just trying to get more experience under your belt, this is the perfect place to start. Dont expect to move into a better position though. And the managers dont really know how to do their jobs
Given new assignment, little training and no learning curve
Receipts Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 20, 2018
I was given a week to learn a new task. When I couldn't reach the new goal, I was put on corrective action. I left before they had a chance to fire me. The goal given was unrealistic given the training providedf.
Very poor management.
Pa (Current Employee) –  All of themJune 13, 2018
Management is not trustworthy. There is no job security. It does not matter how long you have been at Summit. All Summit cares about is money. They expect so much from you, and at the same time they methodically take things away from you.
The appointment schedulers do not follow doctors protocols so there are false expectations set for patients. The appointment schedulers are coddled by their managers.
There is no education set in place for appointment scheduling.
Pros
I’m wondering where the free lunches are?
Cons
No free lunch
A difficult place to work
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 1, 2018
Overall, this place is all about the money. The head doctor doesn't care about his patients or his employees at all. He just wants to retire and leave.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No breaks, corporate nonsense.
Liked the Physician I worked for/ Very Poor Management
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNFebruary 24, 2018
Management was not up to par! Employees basically run the company and their sites. Long hours, shot breaks. Depending on position, required travel. Company grew and patient care went from a priority to not so much.
Stressful place to work
Surgery Center (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNFebruary 14, 2018
Poor management skills in the surgery center. Management was barely there and when there, did not help out or was too "busy" to help. Management did not care for team or when concerns where brought up. But was able to get a promotion!
They do not care about their employee's personal life. Working late/ long hours, floating to different sites almost daily and no flexibility when it comes to asking time off. There was no compromising, it was management's way or the highway. Even threats were made of losing jobs, if employees brought up concerns of work environments. To work here, be ready to be stress out and not heard.
Summit use to feel like a family company.
Pros
Free lunchs, parking
Cons
Health benefits, pay rate
Official response from Summit Orthopedics
March 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback on your less than ideal experience during your time at Summit Orthopedics. We apologize that we were unable to show you our commitment to a family environment with respect to work/life balance. Our senior leadership team values your feedback, and your comments will be shared internally so that we can identify ways in which we can improve the employee experience here at Summit. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Typical office experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2018
There's nothing that stands out about this place. Typical office experience.
Although some of the doctors do take an interest in their billing and collections.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Inexperienced managers
Multi task
Patient Coordinator Float (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNDecember 26, 2017
Work place culture is harsh. A lot of turn over in the management. Multiple lay offs recently which added to the stress. Hard to get on a team, especially as a float.
Pros
fulltime with benefits
Cons
hard to get advancement
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 1, 2017
I enjoy working here, it is a fast fasted competitive work place. You have to be very self motivated, and have to have very good communication skills.
Limited Growth
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 12, 2017
I was happy working for Summit Orthopedics up until my last couple of months. I did not enjoy going into work and did not feel that I could trust management. Overall I loved the position I was in and would do the same exact thing again. I believe it has a lot to do with who you work with. I learned a lot with this being my first real medical-based job after getting my degree, but there was also a lot of difficulty in growing in this position, because not many people that I worked with were open and approachable to really teach me. I was given 1 to 2 weeks of training for this position, when the average patient coordinator is given 6 to 8 weeks. I would recommend working for this company, as it was a good place for me to start.
Good
Medical Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 16, 2017
Location: St Paul
Work is great, the people are great, the pace is quite fast and the location is close to home. Most enjoyable thing about work is the fast pace
working for summit ortho has been a wonder experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJuly 19, 2017
Working for Summit Orthopedics was a great experience that got me interested in office work, the management was wonderful, & I learned to work with insurance companies for authorizations.

I also learned great patient interaction & many things that will help me at another company.
OK place
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 19, 2017
Management needs to shut their yaps and open their ears. It is poorly managed and we are always short-staffed. This company is all about corporate greed and the patients care is lacking. It's much likeRapid Oil Change. Pay is low and you are alway being floated to other sites which might be clear across thelike metro. No thank yous or pats on the back and very rarely job advancement.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
Too many to mention
Poor work environment and support
Physician Assistant - Certified (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 4, 2017
No work-life balance, very little respect, poor management. Frequent changes to hours and job roles without prior discussion. No involvement in changes to job. No opportunity for advancement.
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 13, 2017
Summit is a great place to work. Summit is a very fast paced and fast growing orthopedics clinic. Staff has a great sense of team work and good communication.
Staff are expected to work beyond scheduled hours almost daily
RN Operating Room (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 2, 2017
Breaks are few and far between. Middle management is "uninvolved". Staff basically run their own departments. Many staff are overwhelmed and cannot fully perform their job due to too many expectations. Surgery schedule has "no limits"-cases are added to the schedule even though they will go into the evening hours-management just leaves staff to deal with the late hours themselves. Many short cuts are taken in order to keep up the super fast pace. If you have no life outside of work, then this is the place to be!
Pros
They feel guilty and frequently buy us lunch that we hardly have time to eat
Good environment
OR Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNMarch 29, 2017
I like working here. The company is growing which has its pains. The management is overwhelmed but the docs are great. However, because it is physician owned it is easy to feel like a cog in a wheel.
Pros
Clean, fee parking, good coworkers.
Cons
Long days with little break time. Absent management.
Overall a fine place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Very fast paced work environment. There's some uncertain aspects about the future of the company. At Landmark surgery center, the lease will be up and we don't know where we are being located.
Okay place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2017
Summit is an okay place to work. They need to work on communication with staff as they make changes but do not inform staff. The expect a lot of hours from staff and never say thanks.
Knowledgable people
Certified Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  MNJanuary 29, 2017
Just no opportunity for advancement, seems surgeons are preoccupied with making money. No tuition reimbursements or incentives to keep up with the ever changing climate of healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight