Summit Physician Services Employee Reviews

Be smart.
CMA (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 26, 2018
Ask to shadow your department of choice and ask the clinical or clerical staff questions. Employees are different in all departments depending on management. Ask what the turn over rate is. Don’t believe the managers, ask the staff. Get preferences in writing too.
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 11, 2018
This was a fun place to work with great co-workers. Assistance was some times needed when shedules were busy. Management was very helpful. Very supportive environment.
productive, good environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 25, 2018
Typed for specific departments in oncology/hematology services and clinic notes. Good environment and people. Management worked in office with us and very easy to talk to.
Poor management
PSS (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAMarch 9, 2018
At one point this was a great company. If you are looking for an employer who recognizes your talents and attributes- this is not the place. If you are looking forward to poor management, overworked, high stress, under appreciated, underpaid, and management who are always in meetings-look no further.
Pros
Some money towards uniforms, savings on healthcare
Cons
Too many
Very little training
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 25, 2018
I had very little training before I was pretty much thrown into my position. Also was told after 1 week that I would be moving to a different office and hours would be changing from what I was told at my interview.
Poor management, cheap benefits, under paid
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Poor micro management, under paid, excessive work, poor training, staff is great, providers great, HR is terrible and doesn't care about staff only making money
STAY AWAY!!!!
Cons
Poor management
Stressful and underpaid
CMA (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Summit is not ideal if you have a family. The managers are constantly changing and the rules never stay the same. Everyone expects something different from you and they don’t provide enough training to feel confident in your role. Most of the physicians are OK the APPs are best to work for some MDs treat their staff like they don’t matter and put them in awful situations. I don’t ever recommend working for them. Stay away from SPS if you can. The environment is stressful and the pay is awful.
Pros
Cons
Short to no breaks, underpaid, providers treat support staff terribly HR doesn’t care
good
xray (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 9, 2017
working here is good for people who can deal with some inconcsistency in management and policies. the environment and staff is great, but they lack in other areas, they are making efforts to improve their organization
Good Company
Insurance Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 4, 2017
When I started it was a great company to work for, but like any company you can be pulled out of the department you were hired and put into another department or location.
Pros
I was able to pick my work hours. I work with a great group of co-workers.
Cons
Leave types grouped together, short lunch, some micro managing
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mont Alto Family PracticeOctober 14, 2012
Responsibilities are listed below. The most enjoyable part of my current job is helping people.
Pros
free lunches from the drug representatives
Cons
short break