Summit Racing Equipment
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100
View all Summit Racing Equipment reviews

Summit Racing Equipment

Summit Racing Equipment Customer Service Review

Great place to meet other car enthusiasts

Management is going to be watching you 24/7, management will have you stressing more than the actual customers, they will treat you like a child, great place to work for the discounts but I don’t recommend staying past the time that you get your build up and running because after that there is not point in staying the pay is bad compared to the amount of work and the amount of stress management and customers give you

Pros

Fun people, discounts, long lunches, benefits

Cons

Management, lazy employees, curbside

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Very agonizing

Micro managing. Expect too much for not enough pay. Tell you to trust yourself and when you do you get reprimanded. They let customers treat you very wrong.
Same role

The customers and the culture within Summit Racing. Both are wonderful.

I am very happy and very grateful working for such a company. A company with such great integrity and a great name in the industry, makes my job as a customer service agent both enjoyable and satisfying.

Pros

People and the culture, The health benefits are great. I love having a match in my 401 contributions!

Cons

Semi-con is the hourly rate.
Same location

Basic 9-5 warehouse job

A job I suggest to the young people who are looking to make decent money while going to school or pursuing other things outside. It's a dead end job unless you are rubbing elbows and sucking up to the right people. Other than that it's a hard working basic 9-5 warehouse job. Nothing special besides the "okay" discount. There are several levels that they have in employment, one through three, then there are team leads and head team leads, then finally management. I believe anything higher requires a degree or years of experience. Any training on equipment from prior employment goes out the window for you here. Unless you are in the retail pick or mez area, it will be nearly impossible for you to get any training on equipment. They would rather hire someone completely new than allow you to transfer to a different department to fill in that opening. Took me over a month to transfer to another department for a morning shift I needed since I was going to night school. I had to go over my management's head and to HR to get done. In the two years I've been employed, I've seen 3 different managers come and go till they made full circle and ended with the original first one from the beginning. They treat level ones like work horses, so I suggest if you get hired to hustle to get to at least level two.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Racing Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Summit Racing Equipment with

• Summit Racing Equipment
  • Great place to meet other car enthusiasts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?