Summit Security Services Employee Reviews

Learned a lot about
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  11 Times Square , New YorkAugust 19, 2018
a typical day at work is fast paced , Greeting multiple guest coming in and out the lobby. Creating visitor passes for new guest entering the building , monitoring the cameras and surveillance . I learned How the elevators can be controlled and operated through the computer software , Regular Lobby elevators as well as the freight elevator. How the loading dock works and deliveries management. Ability to stay alert and write daily logs and report made me conscious and alert at all times. Working in a fast paced environment and learning to deal with pressure .
Pros
Overtime, Pay raise
Cons
Pay
i have worked for this comany 5 years.I stratred out with 32 hours i cut it to 16 hours .
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartsdale, NY 10530January 19, 2019
Summit Security is a good company to work for.I worked for the company before and left do injury. Management rehired do to my excellent record with the company. /overtime
Pros
free uniforms /ot;days off aren't
Cons
1 raise in 5 years.No advancemnt
fun company
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 16, 2018
My experience with summit security was that of a professional company and they were always ready to listen. they would periodically visit the job site to see how things were going. I was kind of surprised at that, but it was a good thing.
Pros
annual raises attentive bosses
Cons
not any room for advancement for me. Lack of good benefits.
Good Company
Lead Tour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 2, 2018
Great Company to work for. Room for advancement. Pay is decent. Training offered frequently. Full benefits provided after probationary period. Management for the most part, pretty decent.
Pros
Pay is Excellent for industry
Cons
Not always team oriented
summit security is good company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 2, 2018
I value my job at summit security because the management is very good and flexible with employees. they also offers excelents benefits.
the only bad part of this job is that I have to be standing up for 8 hours. and its very cold at winter time. the guards are underground and there is no heat.
Pros
they pay medical benefits in full
Cons
standing up for 8 to 12 hours
Worst company to work for
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYNovember 6, 2018
The office people did not how to operate a business properly Did not have as a full-time worker no vacation time ever stayed up no no sick time ever stayed up as a full-time worker and no benefits
Pros
Management suck
Cons
Worst company
Great job and pay and employers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia universityOctober 11, 2018
There is great potential for extreme growth. There are good benefits. Salary is extremely competitive . They pay for school ling. The bosses are very understanding, but can be firm.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Nothing to complain about
I am currently stationed at a functional site.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 18, 2018
Since I have been working for Summit Security Services. I haven't experienced any life threatening situations. My normal day consist of conversing with my fellow co-workers about any updated information pertaining to the site.
Pros
I can honestly say I work with very well with different nationalities of people.
Cons
At the moment the raises haven't grown.
check ids
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 16, 2019
good company to work for.
they have plenty of overtime.
alot of jobs deals with the state of new york
no benefits unless you are working full time
good environment
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTAugust 6, 2018
It’s a great place to work.also understanding people.great to be a part of the team.room for advancement and training is good.i would recommend a friend to this company,also great uniforms!!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Contact company
its a job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYAugust 23, 2018
good pay
easy locations
depending on work sites, some people can be rude. no benefits, raises every year. various positions. job is simple and not hard
Current Employee
Port Authority Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 17, 2018
Great pay for a security officer, WORK and life balance is great. This review is only for my site so I am unsure how other sites work. The hardest part is waking up at 4am but overall its a easy job if you know your job.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Schedule
Cons
Advancement
Great professional security company to work for.
Tour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJNovember 9, 2018
As a tour Supervisor I have learned so much from my management team. The pay is great and all Supervisor's receive great feedback from upper management. My project manager and lead tour Supervisor is always supportive of their supervisory team and that is a big help. My Account Manager is heavily involved in each individual's productivity and always pushes his team to be better.
Pros
Great pay and room for advancement.
Cons
No cons.
Front Desk Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Summit has really good locations , if you get a good post it can make your work life enjoyable . The pay is minimum wage considering some sites pay more, but they are very flexible and always have some place for you to make extra hrs if you do not mind floating .
Pros
flexibility
Cons
some of the work sites
Relaxed place to work with plenty of opportunity to work at different sites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Working for Summit Security Services was a great situation as I transitioned back home to Long Island after over 20 years in New Jersey .. The opportunity to work immediately was initially an advantage for me, but in short time I started craving a much more challenging work environment as dictated by my professional background and diverse skill set .. Most definitely would have considered staying & growing within the organization had any supervisory opportunities been offered prior to my departure .. It is a great company that provides solid results and the management team is quite easy to deal with on a daily basis .. Would be open to working for Summit Security Services again in the future should the appropriate position present itself.
Pros
Flexibility in schedules or posts; Low stress level
Cons
Having to be On-Call for odd shifts; Pay scale on the low end
Stable
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 9, 2018
As long as you follow the rules it is a stable job. Management is very helpful. Pay is fair for the work. ability to work with others or alone. have no complaints other than no paid sick time or vacation but the pay compensates for that.
Clue less management they Abandoned their workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 20, 2018
Abandoned their workers. Left in the rain at 3AM for there Princeton event . They never told us were to meet up but told us to help out another security company then when we got done they left us . The finally picked us up at 4AM I didn’t get home till 6:30 in the morning. Then they wanted us to meet at the office 3 hours before the event and not pay us no breaks 12 hours no break . It was the most miserable experience . I actually felt bad for this company they actually had nice workers and everything the management just drop the ball they did not care they did not even want to pay us . What a disgrace ..
Pros
No breaks
Cons
No pay
The pay is decent
Integrated Electronic Surveillance System Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
My shift was 11p to 7a. I have to travel from New Haven to North White Plains daily. How to look for terrorist. Management was a handful. I was the only minority in my Dept. and only female. The hardest part on my job was working with retired cops. The excited part was learning was monitoring over 500 cameras daily.
Pros
learning different techniques on the cameras
Cons
The wear and tear the computers does to your vision
Horrible management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 18, 2018
Summit never treated their employees fair so people would quit in less than a month so you would be forced to stay and work doubles almost every day or fired if you didn't
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Poor management
good job to have
Bike Guard/ SOC officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 12, 2018
Summit security is a lot different from the previous company that I worked for. overall it is a pretty good company with good benefits and everyone seems to be treated fairly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.