Summit Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
Capabilities Developer / 40hrs per week (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 9, 2018
great place to work, with great people and wonderful communication between everyone, Easy to speak to leadership or management and always available for assistance
Good place to work.
System Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dyess AFB, TXJune 13, 2018
Starting pay was phenomenal. Health, Dental, and vision benefits were good. As with any government contract, job security is not necessarily present.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contract Work
Great Place to Work
ISSO (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 23, 2018
Love the idea of maintaining a healthy bridge of communication still with Summit. Everyday was exciting and new, but regimented and satisfying for their balance.
Excellent Firm
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2018
I loved working at Summit Technologies because it was pretty stress free, my coworkers were awesome and I had a great time supporting our customer. I don't want to ever leave!!!
What is Summit
HR Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 12, 2017
Summit is a government contractor whose primary function is to provided IT support on several DoD contracts. We also do some project managing and technical writing. Summit gives it's employees room to grow and improve upon their current skill set.
Nice place to work
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 19, 2017
It was a good place to work, but it didn't last long enough. I liked every on I worked with. I learned how to maintain databases and install hardware and software on computers.
Great company great employees
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 5, 2017
Summit Technologies I a great company to work for and to work with.
Many times the VP would take my calls and work any issues that I may have had.
Great staff and very professional
Unique Work Situation
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJune 27, 2017
My employment at Summit Technologies was a bit of a unique situation. They were a subcontractor that filled positions for the main contract holder SAIC. Summit offices are located in Florida but the job location was in Las Vegas. Even with the distance management was always available through a phone a call or e-mail. The job was not particularly hard since I had been doing similar work for several years now. The most enjoyable part of the job was going in to work with a great team everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Location of offices from job site
Summit
Sr Network Engineer, Consolidating Networks (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2017
Good company Day to day very good easy to have fun at work and learn goo stuff. Management communication good and good place to learn about corpr America .
Pros
a good amount
Cons
not much
Great well managed contract company.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Switchboard Operator on the Summit Technologies contract and being able to serve the public from all across the country to provide them with travel information to and from the US.
Pros
Always available if needed. Given $1.50 increase per hr
Cons
N/a
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 25, 2017
Usualy 12 hr day. Your income ia based on sales. However they train you to succeed. Product is easly sold. Can be promoted with in your 1st month. Family like staff. Oppertunity for all paid vacations.
Pros
Pay is great and room to grow with company
Cons
Hourse are a little rough
Relaxed and professional work environment
Client Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alpena, MIApril 10, 2017
An enjoyable company to work for. The Management staff is enjoyable to work with, always making sure that employees are informed and compensated for their work.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Contract
Consuting Company
Sr. Project Manager, Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 12, 2017
Consulting company worked for them while on assignment with Fidelity Investments. They provided administrative and payroll services and were timely in their support
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
None that I can think of
Summit Technologies
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2016
The job is flexible. The most difficult part of the job is trying to change the organization's culture toward automated procedures. The co-workers are great!
Great Supervisors!!!
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Volk Field, WIJune 23, 2016
Working for Summit I have never had supervisors care more about my well being. They help find new contracts and trust that their employees are the best of the best. As long as you do your job well they will treat you right.
Honeymoon ends by the 3rd quarter
Staff (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 10, 2016
Summit Technologies is a company 17 years in business and operates as if it's into it's 5th year. Not sure of what their niche is, many big fish in small ponds. Very disappointed in the org structure and the carelessness in advancing the company. Don't rely on senior management, they will disappoint you without notice.
Pros
Family feeling
Cons
The concessions are evident, penny pinch for typical office needs, staff communicates as if they worked at a garage
Great company to work for
IT System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMMarch 7, 2016
Company provides a very friendly family oriented environment. The CEO and HR manager is easy to get a hold of and works very well with employees.
Very Unorganized
Medical Billing & Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Very unorganized company, Nobody know the ins and outs of the job not even the CEO. Nobody know what they are suppose to be doing. Job changes on a daily basis.
hmm i wouldnt work here unless i had to
Tier II Help Desk Technician Summit Tech (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
they don't pay well so I wouldn't recommend it. Typical help desk job help customers, fix any related IT issue. To work for this company you have to have your A+ certification.
Small Company
Reaper (MQ9) GCS Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FlDecember 26, 2014
A subcontractor for RPA program. Everything was good, except no room for advancement nor deployment opportunities. The management and HR are great people. If you want to stay in one place, one job, one salary, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No advancement. Small company