Summitt Trucking, LLC Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 9, 2018
People are really nice and the pay is pretty good as well. Plenty of opportunity to make money and get miles. Managers and willing to listen and help out with issues.
Pros
Friendly People
The all lied about simple things a waste of time and money
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 25, 2018
I talked with summit three weeks before I came to orientation, they told me about the job once I got there the job changed so much I didn’t recognize what they told me, so I left they said they would reimburse me for travel needless to say that didn’t happen, they lied to get me there thinking I would leave, overall a waste of time and money. Be warned drivers this company will lie any time it fits them.
Pros
There are a lot better company’s out there
Cons
Liars, liars, liars
pretty good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 8, 2018
Summitt is like most trucking companies it has good and bad for the most part i feel i was treated fairly but like some places there are a few jerks in the company that mess things up
Sounds good, but not
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 8, 2018
Constant schedule changes despite established schedule. Forced to change shifts despite school schedule. Employees let go regularly. Management are all friends and family, and favoritism is obvious.
Great pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMay 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for with great pay and work environment. Management will work with any issues as long as you voice your opinion. Management knows your name and you're not just a number
summitt
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INOctober 26, 2017
company great for laying you off - searching for mystery loads that do not exist - company went belly up twice - makes you wonder why no one ever learns
Pros
Cons
everything
Great driver manager and general leadership of company
Team Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville IndianaSeptember 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work as they simply let you do your job without any unnecessary interference. Team driving pay was outstanding but their solo driver pay is substandard. I left simply because my driving team partner quit and I could not justify working on their solo rates. It would be nice if they had longer team runs but it is what it is.
Pros
Above industry pay and managers of company.
nice job
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 29, 2017
this was a good job.high insurance premiums anda 401k that thhey did cry ggy had veontribute to.what u put in there is what you had.and the equipment was pretty good.
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 13, 2017
Not as family oriented as it use to be. Most employee's are friendly and helpful if you have questions or concerns. Typical day is 8-5 monday -friday except for DIspatchers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Insurance too high
Not a bad place to work. Friendly, helpful.
Dispatcher and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 6, 2017
Was not physical, sat in chair all day. poor lunch room and no machine vending machines. Checked in trucks and trailers all day. input info to computers. Found and gave directions to out of town drivers.
Pros
Inside, heat and air
Cons
sitting all day
Local Transportation company.
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day at Summitt varies on a daily basis. At one point I was working the overnite shift, but was hired to work the morning shift.
The drivers never know where their going until they actually get to work.
Communication within the company is terrible. Also between the company and the customer. Tractors are parked in the yard just wherever. It takes time to actually find your tractor, and when you do you have to take time to clean the inside because they're always filthy.
We have a fuel island onsite but half the time you cant use your fuel card because it doesn't work. The hardest part of the job is hours of service.
Dispatch will assign a local driver a run that requires them to go over on drive time for the day. Knowing that specific run cant be completed in 11 hours.
Pros
Good equipment but not taken care of.
Cons
Bad communication, terrible with hours of service and filthy equipment.
Great family place
Training & Orientation (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 11, 2016
The insurance is terrible but the culture is great. Operational side of things is a little messy. The driver turnover here is lower than at other companies.
Pros
promotions from within
Cons
insurance
Fleet Management
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2015
Nashville office was great. The home office was a little different, only concerned about themselves and not willing to grow the company to be a better and larger company.
The Hardest part of the job was dealing with the home office not wanting to be a team with the new office opening in then Nashville area. Feeling threatened.
Pros
good team in nashville
Cons
more work than could be done by the staff provided
Poor supervision
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 22, 2015
Got moved around into different jobs at this company. I was never given a good chance to prove myself in my field of work. Got put into a job position I was not hired for and then let go because I did not like the job.
Lack of training to do job
Driver Manager/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 19, 2015
When I started I was put with many different people to learn their jobs. But when people started calling off and taking time off I was told to do busy work and was never properly trained on my job. Even though i tried to learn on my own it was difficult to ask questions and get answers.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
So busy you did not really have time to take a break
Dispatcher/Assistant Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 30, 2012
Was easy to learn the job, and excell in the company. Decent benifits and work schedule.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
odd hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summitt Trucking, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.