Summitt Trucking, LLC Employee Reviews

People who CARE
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 6, 2018
As long as you follow the rules and do your job (as you should with any other job), you will find it to be an enjoyable place to work. It is a fast paced and collaborative office environment with many opportunities to learn. The President of the company truly cares for his employees and his managers echo that in their interactions with their subordinates.
Pros
President cares for employees
not a bad place to work at all
Driver (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 6, 2018
Left another company that sold out to JR something. I had little experience. The second I walked on to the property, I started making more than $0.05 per mile more than the last place I worked. I did not know if I was going to like the truck i got, but turns out I like it better than any other I have driven.
Pros
Good pay per mile
Great atmosphere ane welcoming people
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Clarksville INNovember 6, 2018
This company is great all around the board. All the staff is welcoming and friendly. Lots of great benefits and options with great pay. Family oriented
Great people to work with...
Driver (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 6, 2018
The people I work are great. The orientation and recruiting staff are honest and don't tell lies just to get me here. They did not have the exact lanes that I wanted to run, but I do get the home time I need and great miles.
Cons
Limited dedicated lanes
Great Trucking Company!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 6, 2018
Summitt is a family oriented company. I love working with my co-workers and drivers on a daily basis. I have learned a lot about the trucking industry and am allowed to utilize my talents. The company focuses on safety, compliance and keeping the employees and drivers happy. The goal is to set the bar high and have the best drivers possible. If you are looking for a company with integrity, you cant go wrong here!! Great group of people and an owner that cares about his employees and the industry!
Family Orientated Company
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 6, 2018
I think Summitt is a great place to work. It is very family oriented, the office environment is great. Everyone works together, dispatchers, recruiters, and drivers! It is a great place to be! And someone is always available to help!
Pros
Pay, time off, great office enviroment
Cons
None really
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and cares. Drivers are treated with respect. New equipment is arriving daily and we even have a Nurse Practitioner onsite at no cost to the employee.
Great place to work family first!
Driver (Current Employee) –  JeffersonvilleAugust 27, 2018
This place is a awesome place to work they treat you like family! Fantastic equipment! Great pay! Friendly dispatchers who work with you to ensure you get great home time! This place truly is a hard place to come by there is not many if these company’s left who are all for the driver! Highly recommend this company!
Too many changes poor upper management
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  CLARKSVILLE INDIANAAugust 21, 2018
Never knew what was next. Policy changes pay changes weekly it seemed. Upper management is inexperienced . Equipment was run down.. Maintenance shop was held back from repairs.. Customers were always complaining that Summitt was never on time. Owner of Company never communicated with employees. You could feel the anger and fear of employees when you walked into office. Summitt is NOT a good place to work. Employees fear for their jobs. I recommend..RUN FOREST RUN..
Fyi worked there over 2 years.. Worsening daily
Pros
Overall employees where nice but (read cons)
Cons
Job scared.changes in management often. Poor leadership. Nasty equipment.
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 9, 2018
People are really nice and the pay is pretty good as well. Plenty of opportunity to make money and get miles. Managers and willing to listen and help out with issues.
Pros
Friendly People
The all lied about simple things a waste of time and money
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 25, 2018
I talked with summit three weeks before I came to orientation, they told me about the job once I got there the job changed so much I didn’t recognize what they told me, so I left they said they would reimburse me for travel needless to say that didn’t happen, they lied to get me there thinking I would leave, overall a waste of time and money. Be warned drivers this company will lie any time it fits them.
Pros
There are a lot better company’s out there
Cons
Liars, liars, liars
Transportation
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 23, 2018
Company does logistics and moves trucks. Has lots of truck drivers and managers. Is located in Indiana near Louisville. Has an interesting work culture.
pretty good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 8, 2018
Summitt is like most trucking companies it has good and bad for the most part i feel i was treated fairly but like some places there are a few jerks in the company that mess things up
Sounds good, but not
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 8, 2018
Constant schedule changes despite established schedule. Forced to change shifts despite school schedule. Employees let go regularly. Management are all friends and family, and favoritism is obvious.
Great pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMay 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for with great pay and work environment. Management will work with any issues as long as you voice your opinion. Management knows your name and you're not just a number
summitt
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INOctober 26, 2017
company great for laying you off - searching for mystery loads that do not exist - company went belly up twice - makes you wonder why no one ever learns
Pros
Cons
everything
Great driver manager and general leadership of company
Team Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville IndianaSeptember 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work as they simply let you do your job without any unnecessary interference. Team driving pay was outstanding but their solo driver pay is substandard. I left simply because my driving team partner quit and I could not justify working on their solo rates. It would be nice if they had longer team runs but it is what it is.
Pros
Above industry pay and managers of company.
nice job
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 29, 2017
this was a good job.high insurance premiums anda 401k that thhey did cry ggy had veontribute to.what u put in there is what you had.and the equipment was pretty good.
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 13, 2017
Not as family oriented as it use to be. Most employee's are friendly and helpful if you have questions or concerns. Typical day is 8-5 monday -friday except for DIspatchers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Insurance too high
Not a bad place to work. Friendly, helpful.
Dispatcher and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 6, 2017
Was not physical, sat in chair all day. poor lunch room and no machine vending machines. Checked in trucks and trailers all day. input info to computers. Found and gave directions to out of town drivers.
Pros
Inside, heat and air
Cons
sitting all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summitt Trucking, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.