Sumner Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Love the associates! We worked as a team!
SAFETY/SECURITY OFFICER/ & SURVELLIANCE (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TN 37066March 7, 2018
The benefits were very good, probably the best part of the job! The associates were a great group of people to work with. It was a team effort & much was accomplished. In general, the upper levels of management were unfriendly, uncaring & unappreciative for the hard work displayed daily!
great place
Nutritional Aide (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TN 37066March 4, 2018
Sumner Regional was a awesome place to work. People and coworkers was always friendly to be around. I would go back in a heart beat. I love helping people.
Great Atmosphere
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 2, 2018
SRMC is a great place to work. Very welcoming and helpful with any issues you may have. I am 100% happy there, except for the pay scale. I am in the sterile processing department and we are on the low end of HR's list when it comes to raises. That would be my only complaint.
Awful night shift if terrile
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 8, 2017
night shift nurses were horrible and cut throat. I would not send anyone to this hospital at night. Doctors were great. Manager very inexperienced and got the job the wrong way
Very busy.
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 9, 2017
Working hours were 7 days on and 7 days off. Most of the time we did not get the 7 days off, sometimes only 2. Management wasn't involved and the people who had been there for years were not helpful.
Pros
the patients were amazing
Cons
lack of training
a good place to work with friendly and caring people
Medical Laboratory Technician/Microbiology/PRN (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 3, 2017
The people that work there are very nice and help you when you need help without getting upset and in microbiology you learn something new pretty much everyday. They have decent benefits and lots of ways to learn new things, like classes
Pros
nice people, clean laboratory and a great breakroom
Cons
putting up the stock
Good people to work with
Emergency Room Technician (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 18, 2017
Review is for emergency room; work pace varies, can go from 0-100 in no time.

Lots of great people to work with. Not a lot of room for advancement. .
I really enjoyed working there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 9, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Sumner. It was great experience to work with patients. While there I also got a feel for being a unit secretary as I did fill in for someone for a few months.
Pros
the environment and the patient care
Cons
the amount of pay verses the amount of work and the over turn of CEOs
Sumner Regional Medical Center
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSAugust 26, 2017
There was a lot of political infighting. They paid me pretty good but would not allow me to hire help with proper qualifications for their job because they cost too much.
Pros
Cons
Politics
Modern Regional Hospital - Poor Compensation & Advancement
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 2, 2017
PROS: Friendly, helpful staff and coworkers make it a pleasure to go to work every day. Lovely and well-maintained campus, very good cafeteria, beautiful new building. Fantastic employee health program and initiatives.

CONS: Difficult to oust terrible managers, very poor compensation compared to other local hospitals, very poor raises for FT employees; 1.5% per year regardless of performance review for at least the past two years. Workplace culture very judgmental of patients with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
Pros
Friendly, helpful staff and coworkers. Pleasant campus, very good cafeteria, beautiful new building.
Cons
Difficult to oust terrible managers, very poor compensation compared to other local hospitals, very poor raises for FT employees 1.5% per yr regardless of performance review, workplace culture very judgmental of patients with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
Great Start out job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 3, 2017
The people that work there are great. The majority of management does not really care about their employees. They expect the most out of you, but they don't really care you. They expect you to pick up above and beyond, but they do not do it their self.
Pros
Education, Great work family
Cons
No breaks, Short staffed
great place and good people
EMT (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 2, 2017
it was a good place to work and they treat you like family from the moment you are hired however favoritism can play a big part in how they choose who gets a full time position regardless of how long you've been there.
Love the people I work with
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 20, 2017
I love the people I work with. I needed to find another job to find something with better hours and better schedule. I think the pay was good for my position.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 13, 2017
Gained a ton of experience, opportunity for advancement. Lots of different job opportunities/areas. Great ER physicians to work with. Varied of hours available.
Very busy Emergency Department
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 12, 2017
Very busy ED with wonderful physicians and registered nurses. Mid shift is the best and has great teamwork. The staff are very friendly and helpful. One of the best places I've worked.
Pros
great staff on midshift
Cons
long drive
Great learning experience and work culture
PRN Transporter (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 3, 2017
I would normally work with the ER and imaging department to transport patients and bill patients on various events. Learned how to do different sets of billings for certain images being taken. Worked with X-Ray, CT, MRI, and Nuclear Med as well as all the different parts of the hospital such as ER, NICU, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Same Day Surgery, etc.
Pros
Lots of learning potential, free medical check ups and vaccinations, flexible hours
Cons
short lunch, no overtime, no set schedule
Great experience as first nursing job
Critical Care Unit and Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 28, 2017
I worked in CCU and ED. We were always very busy. The facility is newer and very nice with large rooms in the CCU. Good, hard working nurses that worked together as a team.
Pros
Nice facility, close to home, good pay
Cons
Seemed short handed frequently
poorly run
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 1, 2017
RUN! This is poorly run and you can never do anything right. The ED is staffed with nurses who thrive on putting their coworkers down. Things that should be addressed get overlooked.
Medical Technologist , Blood Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 26, 2016
SRMC was a very nice place to work. Every employee was appreciated and treated with respect. The work was interesting and challenging and i learned a lot there.
Pros
Honest pay for honest work.
The reviews say it all
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 20, 2016
This entire organization is mismanaged.

High turnover in almost every department with the security department being the worst. Favorites are played like silly schoolchildren do and on so many floors, so watch your back.

Especially within security, and it keeps getting worse. But sure, if you want to call it fixing things by getting us shiny new badges, vests but no weapon, new uniforms in some other color for the hundredth time while taking away long sleeves and leaving us with short sleeves and no coats during the winter months and convince us it is progress, well, bless your little hearts.

Rules, policies, and even laws are broken. Thing is, management is well aware of the problems, but if it mattered to them at all terrible situations would be addressed and resolved. Instead, this pathetic organization of lies, flooding, smoke, and mirrors is being believed for yet another year leaving you, patients, visitors, and staff in possibly dangerous situations.

I would not recommend this place for the career focused, law abiding professional.
Pros
Blue Cross/Blue Shield, SOME coworkers and staff
Cons
Management. Management. Management.