Sun Basket Employee Reviews

It was a great job, but there was not enough job security
membership ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2018
As a customer support agent for this startup company, I felt like I was well paid and compensated well. But, the culture was very competitive and stressful. Management was not consistent enough. Overall, I'd say it is a pretty good company to work for.
I love it there
Prep (Current Employee) –  Valmeyer, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I started in late December 2017. Within two weeks I was promoted to a new department with a dollar raise. I love working there. We moved into our new facility. It is no longer cold "like" the Northpole.
Five star great place to make a living. Homie cold but still warm and cozie...
Prep 513 (Former Employee) –  San Jose Ca.February 19, 2018
Great meals no other company like sun basket... GREAT FOOD TRY IT YOULL SEE. Everyone there is really nice fun happy place to wrk llil cold but it has to be keep the food fresh for our customers...Thats how we do it. Join us 😁
Pros
All organic food free farmerS market all you can carry, for employees NIIcE got a lil spoiled......
Cons
95 percent employees only speak veitnamese. No english...big barrerier.
Working at a fast pace
Food Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at Sun Basket would start the morning at 430AM and clock in. Once clocked in, then I go to my assigned area which is the preparation room, get dressed in a smock that the company provides. Once I'm ready to work, I check in with the production lead which line I'm assigned to and ready to work. In the production line, bags of food come down the belt to be assembled and packaged in the box. My main job duties is to assemble and pack food items in the box.
Pros
Get free food every Wed
Cons
No benefits
For production line workers it is physically intense but sometime's there's netflix
WAREHOUSE LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Production line is fast paced and physically demanding, but repetitive and uncomplicated. Breaks are quick but free food is frequently available as is use of entertainment systems.
Great Family Work Place.
jr operator (Current Employee) –  mw Valmeyer ILJanuary 16, 2018
I have been with the company for almost a year. I love the team and how we all work together on making sure our customers are getting the best product we can provide. The greatest part is how family oriented the company is. The supervisors are very understanding and try their best to be as fair as possible with every team member. I think the hardest part of the job for my self is not finishing a task. Everything in the facility is easy to do and nothing is really complicated. The automation side is a little stressful sometimes but it helps better our production and I love being a part of a growing company.
Pros
advancements overtime options leadership roles friendly enviroment
N/a
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 21, 2017
Great co-workers , atmosphere and positive energy all around. Limited to no amount of room for growth. Would recommend this job as a temporary job but no a long term career.
Just no.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 7, 2017
The layers and layers of incompetence mainly from senior management simply boggle my mind. From the start of my employment to it's end, mistakes that were discussed at length for a resolution were never TRULY fixed - in fact, a common "fix" seemed to be offering excuses or pushing back an actual solution until employees gave up or forgot about it. Complaints sent to director regarding personal matters, such as harassment or fraud, were often unaddressed. Despite this, employees and management alike were stressed to handle these unethical issues within department.

Many processes and procedures were not directly created within upper management. These projects were owned by customer support leads who were not included in "big picture" talks. Meanwhile, middle management was often untrained (no fault of their own) and relied heavily on their leads or senior agents which led to lower job satisfaction and inconsistency throughout the department.
Pros
healthcare, ping pong, pto, coworkers
Cons
management
fast-paced
Pack / Prep / Bagging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 2, 2017
Growing company, so new processes are happening all the time. Fun and high-energy company. We are growing!
New people introduce new ideas all the time.
Pros
good people
Cons
long days
Ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Westhampton NJSeptember 30, 2017
Sunbasket was ok to work at..most of the managers were great they actually care about their employees. They find different ways to make the job fun. What I didnt like about sunbasket is the hourse and mandatory overtime. One day your leaving at 1am the next day its 7pm then 10 on a 3pm-11pm shift. That bothered me a lot. Some people like myself had other jobs to attend to so that mandatory overtime wasnt working for me. and the overtime wasnt really overtime because we leave so early on other days.The pay was ok.
Pros
Managers try to make work fun
Cons
Mandatory over time never get your 40hrs payvhecks arent that great
Very fast pace also very laid-back
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Westhampton NJAugust 28, 2017
Very cold building all around nice facility employees were great management was okay wish they had better equipment for being in cold area for long period of time it didn't provide glove for all workers provided with you with all the overtime you want it
Love them.
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95122August 27, 2017
Loved my job. Wish I didn't have to go. I love working there. I appreciate the job opportunity and work experience I gained from working there. Hope to come back.
decent workplace and fairly multicultural
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJAugust 12, 2017
I've worked here for a year and can it's a decent place to be. They're pretty willing to hire employees that have records which is awesome to me.

Q
Pros
multicultural environment, willing to hire people with records
Cons
Preferential treatment of several employees
n/a
Sanitation Lead (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJAugust 3, 2017
I was not satisfied as an employ with Sun basket due to discrimination and deformation of my character. I was pressured out of the door. due to their lack of trust which was never given to me. Great company east coast new management has bad judgment.
Decent workplace with foozball table
Prep Associate (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJuly 18, 2017
A pretty decent company. All management and supervisors are fairly new since the company is pretty new itself so things tend to be unorganized. But other than that, probably the easiest money I've ever made.
Organic Food Company
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2017
I had worked in the sauce team. We make organic sauces and spices on the warehouse. After making all sauces and spices we portion and count them for the meals. All meals are shipped out on Mondays and Tusedays. We prep about 20,000 meals per week.
A typical day at work
Food production Line Worker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2017
The place is very cold however other coworkers and supervisor are really nice and understanding. The only thing is that it is a very fast paced place to work. Makes the time fly by.
Pros
lenient
Cons
cold
Nepotism at its finest
Pack Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 5, 2017
I used to work in the San Jose location for 6 months. I went from a warehouse associate to a pack lead by working hard and giving upper management ideas. Nepotism runs thick at this job. Friends in higher places hire friends to fill lower positions and they do not face any type of discipline actions for errors. I have witnessed this first hand. Coworkers are generally pretty cool but upper management is a junior one at best. I was there since their transition from San Bruno to San Jose and all I can say is that they quickly got out of touch. They would tell workers that they hire within to get people motivated to work harder yet when a higher paying position opened up they would hire one of their friends. Nepotism at its finest.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Junior upper management, nepotism'
Stable job but degrading culture
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 5, 2016
Sun Basket, Inc. is a good company for anyone interested in finding employment. The company is new and is run by junior management, which, can be troublesome for some employees.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Upward Mobility, Start Up Experience
Cons
Nepotism, Inexperienced & Uneducated management and directors, poor salary scaling and grading
Brilliant team, driven and talented coworkers.. Great environment!
Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 28, 2016
I left a very large and well established company to come be a part of the Sun Basket team, and never once have I looked back. All areas of the business are filled with incredibly talented individuals! You absolutely feel like you are part of larger movement, and the company does a great job of continually communicating the vision. Yes, it's a fast-moving startup so you constantly feel challenged and driven to do the best work of your life!

I don't necessarily view this as a "con", but I think sometimes some people don't understand the nature of a startup, especially one that is moving/growing this fast. You have to be willing and prepared to wear many hats! Especially for managers and leaders you also have to be skilled at leading while dealing with ambiguity.. Priorities and directions can change frequently, yet you have to keep pushing ahead and challenging yourself to do great work!

Management and Leadership does a great job of communicating with all areas of the company.. From weekly video updates, internal websites and frequent team meetings. Keep challenging us to do great work day after day!

Seems like a previous (and absurd) negative review was just a personal vendetta.. Don't let that fool you - Sun Basket is an amazing company to be a part of!
Pros
Great culture, surrounded by delicious and healthy food, company takes care of employees at all levels, great benefits, amazing environment!
Cons
Challenging work, which isn't for everybody..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Basket. Our community is ready to answer.