Sun Basket Employee Reviews

It was an experience i regret
Sticker team production (Former Employee) –  Valmeyer, ILDecember 5, 2018
Whenever I brought up an issue to the supervisor or hr they said they'd look into it but never did anything about it. Employees who was lazy were given great reviews and raises when workers who worked they're hardest were denied theirs.
it is a cold place
Packer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 1, 2018
it is a very hard job to do because it was really cold. and it get you very tired. it gets you very cold and your body hurts after you go home........
Great team to work with, incredible mission
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 13, 2018
Great mission to provide a service, to help people and families to eat healthier.
It has the start up environment, but is quickly expanding to a established organization. Ideas are welcomed, and actually considered.
Pros
Typical Bay Area tech industry perks
Cons
Cold environment
Sun Basket
Packer/shipping (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2018
I had a manager take me where no one would hear us and yell at me with profanity.
Honestly its not worth the attitude they give you.
Not all are like this but some.
I like that there is room for advancement, everyone is helpful , the company as a whole is awesome the way it brings families together.
Pack Associate / shipping (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy the job. An what it stands for. It brings family together at the dinner table as well as makes you feel like family. They donate to food banks and give weekly too their employees. I love that they have full coverage insurance. . Just not my normal job detail an I had too take a large pay cut. .
Pros
Free cereal milk, coffee and hot chocolate daily
Cons
None really, except they don't hire by your qualifications., More as too where you are needed at the bottom.
No one speaks english
Team Leader - Early Prep (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJAugust 13, 2018
Sun Basket has their favorites. All the employees that work there are someone's mother, father, sister cousin etc and no one speaks, reads or writes ENGLISH! You work a job that pays $10 per hour but they make you work a job that pays $15 per hour with NO compensation
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Can not go to the bathroom when you're working the line!
Fast-paced work place with good benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
I love working with Sun Basket. They have a ping pong table and Foosball table. Depending on the position, there may be a lot of overtime and opportunities to grow, but it can be difficult at times to move higher in the company at times.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime, Job opportunities
Cons
Cold, job opportunities, mandatory overtime
Horrible job with little pay and no life.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJJuly 5, 2018
putting meals into a box with long hours and little pay.You never know when you are leaving.They cut raises. You schedule is supposed to be 6am-4:30 and you never leave on time.
Not a very good paying job
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2018
Working here was a lot of hard work for such low pay. And they also made you do mandatory overtime & would let employees know the day of which I found very unfair. The working conditions were really tough being in a cooler all day does a lot of damage to your body.
Cons
Mandatory overtime the day of work, cold work environment, poor communication between managers & Human Resources
Great Place
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJune 11, 2018
It’s a good job to work in, but if you don’t like working in the cold then I wouldn’t recommend it to somebody. The company is managed in a very good way.
Pros
Manager is good
Cons
Cold
productive and fun
Data entry (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2018
everything is great, experience, work and benefits, it's just that the environment is too cold. the management is good, they are friendly and all. Great company to work on.
N/a
Food Pack Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valmeyer, ILApril 11, 2018
It was a better than average job. It is out in the country and there is no public transportation to the job site. There a lot of good people that work there and the give away free food.
It was a great job, but there was not enough job security
membership ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2018
As a customer support agent for this startup company, I felt like I was well paid and compensated well. But, the culture was very competitive and stressful. Management was not consistent enough. Overall, I'd say it is a pretty good company to work for.
I love it there
Prep (Current Employee) –  Valmeyer, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I started in late December 2017. Within two weeks I was promoted to a new department with a dollar raise. I love working there. We moved into our new facility. It is no longer cold "like" the Northpole.
Five star great place to make a living. Homie cold but still warm and cozie...
Prep 513 (Former Employee) –  San Jose Ca.February 19, 2018
Great meals no other company like sun basket... GREAT FOOD TRY IT YOULL SEE. Everyone there is really nice fun happy place to wrk llil cold but it has to be keep the food fresh for our customers...Thats how we do it. Join us 😁
Pros
All organic food free farmerS market all you can carry, for employees NIIcE got a lil spoiled......
Cons
95 percent employees only speak veitnamese. No english...big barrerier.
Working at a fast pace
Food Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at Sun Basket would start the morning at 430AM and clock in. Once clocked in, then I go to my assigned area which is the preparation room, get dressed in a smock that the company provides. Once I'm ready to work, I check in with the production lead which line I'm assigned to and ready to work. In the production line, bags of food come down the belt to be assembled and packaged in the box. My main job duties is to assemble and pack food items in the box.
Pros
Get free food every Wed
Cons
No benefits
For production line workers it is physically intense but sometime's there's netflix
WAREHOUSE LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Production line is fast paced and physically demanding, but repetitive and uncomplicated. Breaks are quick but free food is frequently available as is use of entertainment systems.
Great Family Work Place.
jr operator (Current Employee) –  mw Valmeyer ILJanuary 16, 2018
I have been with the company for almost a year. I love the team and how we all work together on making sure our customers are getting the best product we can provide. The greatest part is how family oriented the company is. The supervisors are very understanding and try their best to be as fair as possible with every team member. I think the hardest part of the job for my self is not finishing a task. Everything in the facility is easy to do and nothing is really complicated. The automation side is a little stressful sometimes but it helps better our production and I love being a part of a growing company.
Pros
advancements overtime options leadership roles friendly enviroment
N/a
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 21, 2017
Great co-workers , atmosphere and positive energy all around. Limited to no amount of room for growth. Would recommend this job as a temporary job but no a long term career.
Just no.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 7, 2017
The layers and layers of incompetence mainly from senior management simply boggle my mind. From the start of my employment to it's end, mistakes that were discussed at length for a resolution were never TRULY fixed - in fact, a common "fix" seemed to be offering excuses or pushing back an actual solution until employees gave up or forgot about it. Complaints sent to director regarding personal matters, such as harassment or fraud, were often unaddressed. Despite this, employees and management alike were stressed to handle these unethical issues within department.

Many processes and procedures were not directly created within upper management. These projects were owned by customer support leads who were not included in "big picture" talks. Meanwhile, middle management was often untrained (no fault of their own) and relied heavily on their leads or senior agents which led to lower job satisfaction and inconsistency throughout the department.
Pros
healthcare, ping pong, pto, coworkers
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Basket. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about