Sun Chemical Corporation Management reviews

Lots of turnover in the finance departments due to poor management.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2018
Decent enough pay to keep me there while I look for another job. Several finance departments have lost more than half their staffs, on five separate occasions, in the past two years, due to management. From my perspective, supervisors are chosen by how easily they can be controlled by their manager, not by their competence, skill, or ability to manage employees.
good place to work
Ink Technician for Novolex in Alsip, IL (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 13, 2018
blend ink, check on xrite for specs.order materials. check ph and visc. stage ink for 24 hour runs
Management was good
friendly and engaging
6 day work weeks
never boring
Pros
expert advice
Cons
too may work days
Great Team of Professionals
Professional
Adequately Resourced
Motivated Team members
No day is the same
Travel to many great locations
Management does not micromanage
Pros
Great Leadership and Mentorship for development and growth
Cons
Manning and turn around time on projects. Like an Aircraft carrier making a Uturn.
Stay away
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 19, 2017
Sun Chemical, is presently under a sales management team that does not see the benefit of face to face Sales Representatives. Thus they are reducing their sales force by 70%. This company is presently a house of cards until upper management is replaced.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Cons
Low pay, long hours
Very busy work envoirment
Server (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 24, 2017
it is a great place to work but recently has new production management that doesn't have leadership or problem solving skills. manages with intimidation rather than by example
Excellent Place To Work
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Essex, CTJuly 18, 2017
Good people to work with. If you need a second opinion or help on a project team members are always willing to lend a hand. Management is good. Excellent Place To Work
Pros
benefits and reasonable management
Cons
pay is sometimes lower than average
Global leader in the industry
Manufacturing Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
There was no micro-management of my project activities -- just routine executive level reviews/updates. Although my direct position was considered the U.S., I was quickly responsible for north and south America.
Pros
Team environment, hands-off management
Cons
Very extensive travel, domestic and international
Professional and challenging work environment.
Retired VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Various- 6 over my careerMay 28, 2017
I have retired from Sun Chemical but found it to be a totally satisfying place to work.
In fact,
I spent 25 years with the organization.
High standards,high expectations and a thoroughly professional group of co- workers.
Pros
High standards and a quality work force.
Cons
No cons
J Review
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 24, 2017
Good place if you are looking to travel extensively all over the word. Decent management and relaxed work environment. I recommend if you are starting out in your career.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Traveled extensively
Moral is low
Graphic arts manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 19, 2016
They never seem to be satisfied with how hard you work. Management is poor. Told you are doing a good job but then threaten your job everyday. I'm better off without the stress.

Want to know more about Sun Chemical Corporation?

Ask a question
Great company
In-Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 11, 2016
Sun Chemical has been a great place to work for the last 9 years. Excellent communication and top-notch management. I can't say enough great things about Sun Chemical.
In-plant technician
In-plant Ink Technician (Former Employee) –  Eastern, USOctober 28, 2016
Sun re structured their management and operation techniques for the worse. Customers are left in the dark and the technicians have to put up a good face.
Too many politics, 5 chiefs for 1 Indian style.
At one point, I did not know who my direct sepervisor was.
They will leave you out to dry in front of customers and support is minimal.
Job advancement is poor.
Since leaving sun, I have doubled my pay and benefits.
Pros
Biggest ink company looks good in resume
Cons
Too many
Challenging, Rewarding, and Hands-On
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILSeptember 12, 2016
As a co-op engineer I worked on a variety of projects relating to production and maintenance. Projects ranged in scope and cost, and almost always required multidisciplinary engineering knowledge. Strong communication skills and planning were essential to be successful. A fair amount of autonomy and independence were required to progress through complex projects, however support and guidance from management was readily available and questions were highly encouraged.

A typical day would consist of responding to contractor questions through use of technical documents such as P&ID's and electrical schematics, writing purchase orders for equipment or services, scheduling installation and support services, and developing start-up testing procedures. Once projects were completed operator training and post project support ensured successful implementation.

The hardest and probably also most enjoyable part of the job were start-up efforts. Long hours are required to facilitate proper installation of production equipment, but success is extremely satisfying. I would highly recommend this company for their innovation in their industry and their development of employees.
Pros
High autonomy and ability to progress
Work place has the personality of a funeral home
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 8, 2016
Good hands on practical experience. Way too much traveling from plant to plant. Co-op engineering manager is a paranoid control freak who is very creepy, especially with the female co-ops
Pros
Hands on experiance
Cons
Questionable management
Very Poor Management in New Jersey
Demand Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 16, 2016
Senior Management in New Jersey are foul mouthed and work mainly with management by fear techniques. They want SAP experience but servers so slow it would take an hour to run a simple query. Run and don't look back.
Pros
None to be found
Cons
Too many to list
constant changes overhead
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cincinnati, ohioSeptember 14, 2015
company was going through a lot of changes during my time there. didn't seem to have solid leadership or structure. constant changes overhead affected employees
Incredible Experience
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2014
Fortunate to work for an industry leader. Interacted with multiple industries and every level of management within multiple disciplines. Learned the value of knowing customer needs and their customer's needs. Honed professional image and interaction abilities. Daily autonomy blended with outstanding support and training.
Pros
Great responsibility given and great output required
Cons
Caught in large organization restructure
busy ink processing plant
Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILApril 24, 2013
Electrical, mechanical repair and maintenance of ink processing equipment. Polished my personal and technical skills. Management was reasonable and honest. Good group of people to work with. Removing the ink from myself at the end of the day. Solving problems especially the long term solutions.
Pros
5 day work week, paid holidays
Cons
plant closed