Sun Chemical Employee Reviews

Sun Chemical was a great job
Manufacture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2018
Sun Chemical they thought you everything that you need to do the job I really enjoyed my job but it left if it was still here I would be still working with the company
Pros
Great job
Cons
Just learn the job
Good Employees, Unfair work politics
Chemical Batch Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2018
No respect for employees, poor work employer to employee work ethics, and no chance for advancement. They make the rules up as they go. If you are apart of the special group of people of their choosing you will not advance at Sun Chemical, Philadelphia, PA.
Pros
Somewhere to work to put food on your table
Steady work
In Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 19, 2018
The pace is mostly steady with periods of rush orders. Supervisor is hands on and no staring over your shoulder. Stay on top of the schedule and there are not many problems.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Heat and Cold at times.
Decent place for the most part
Customer Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Generally a good place to work they are a large company so at times they are more concerned with numbers rather than people who work for them. Every region has their own little clicks but I am sure it is the same in a lot of other large companies.
great place to work with great benefits
Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at Sun Chemical. My fellow employees were a great group of people. I feel the company offered fantastic benefits and a very competitive salary.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement
Good Manager
In House Tech (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 27, 2017
I didn't work directly for Sun Chemicals Minneapolis plant. I was sub contracted to work at a customers plant. It was an average experience, but my Sun Chemical manager was a great guy!
Pros
Pay, Manager
Cons
Long hours, Not much advancement
Sun chemical review summary...
Operator (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILDecember 22, 2017
You come in do a shift meeting I'll let you know what's going on with your day you train to learn every position throughout time and depending on which shift sometimes you switch them possessions so I expected to know them all fast paced workplace but you have to be careful make sure you get everything done correctly recording batches and material you put in matches working with hmi
Sun Chemical Plant Review
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley County, SCNovember 26, 2017
Sun Chemical Company is a very physically demanding job . Plant is not climate controlled . it is extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter . it is a very dirty job site due to the manufacture of paint pigments.
Pros
Full week work
Cons
Long days and very physically demanding
Great company
Warehouse Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 19, 2017
Nice working environment. Working with great people. Fast paced environment. Was able to get along with personnel and co-workers. Job was very enjoyable.
Great
Quality Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work friendly people nice job not stressful good pay good supervision learned color matching and use of shaders and coa generation and quality control
Interesting and Very Diverse Culture
Master Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Sun Chemical has a very diverse and interesting culture.

It was an enjoyable place to work with opportunities for advancement. The people and culture were pleasant.
like family
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2017
good experience! enjoyed working here. it was busy but the days went by fairly quickly. I enjoyed going to work. I was like we were family. We celebrated together and did things outside of work.
ww
Management Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WISeptember 5, 2017
worked in production and manufacturing and quality control and supervision of manpower trucking, customer service, technical support and sales team member
started in CS then moved into accounting.
Accounts Payable/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove Cinti, OHAugust 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working for them. I started out in CS and took an advancement to accounting. Where I did payroll, and some A/P. Enjoyed this job and would have stayed but the company had a layoff and the combined several jobs. This is when I got let go.
Pros
close to home and good benfits
Purchasing Agent
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILAugust 14, 2017
This was my first full time permanent job. I have learned many skills here. I started as admin and keep getting promotions become customer service specialist and than purchasing agent. Managements was ok and work culture was good.
Pros
Compnay lumches
Cons
Breaks and health care.
Great company to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
This was the very first company I worked for after graduating from college, so it has a special place in my heart. Great people, amazing working culture, learned a lot.
Pros
Everything was awesome
Cons
Nothing that I could think of
Working for Sun Chemical
Lab Tech II-Ink (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoy my time working for Sun Chemical. Co-workers are all super nice and friendly which that kind of creeped me out at first. Because I wasn't use to working in such a happy environment!! We learn a lot here, and there is always room to grow with Sun. My manager is great. I enjoy working with him because he always filled us in on our projects and always gave us Technicians credit when we deserved it. I will definitely recommend my family and friends to work for Sun.
good company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45232July 4, 2017
good place to work but I was just a temp employee so compensation was not good and I really had no benifits and had no paid time off other than that liked working their.
the best place to work
Production, Planner,Expediting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 11, 2017
its a very relax company. you can grow . there not much to say great place to work, fun loving co workers . great managers . they have nice party to show you how much they care
Pros
relaxing easy
Cons
Was only a temporary worker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 15, 2017
Being adaptable if you help another rep.,And customer prefers you should be able to help them. Got to learn some of the new software SAP. In general had a nice group of people to work with. Had Birthday parties, and you made your own cake. Flexible hours.
Pros
Able to work around Dr.;s appointments.
Cons
Very limitrd sick time.