Sun Communities
54Below average

Sun Communities Employee Reviews

United States262 reviews
Featured review
Sun Communities selected this as a representative review
Always room for advancement. Able to make extra money if needed to. Fair management. good working environment, salary package was very beneficial. Customer Service was very rewarding.
Pros
Salary was great
Cons
Not a lot of area to work close to home
Must work too many hours and don't get enough days off. Not enough support and resources to complete the job that I was hired to do. Team members are very dedicated, but do not feel supported by Sun. Best part of the job is interacting with the customers and the camaraderie of the team.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Expected to do too much without enough support to do the job.
They do not know what they are doing also everybody always calling hr for the minimum reason it's a circus in there so I'm just letting people know not to waste their time applying at sun community south port spring in zephyrhills FL
Sun Communities is not interested in the human factor, only their bottom line. Four managers in as many years preceded me in this post. Many left due to intimidation, lack of support and fairness of treatment of residents. If you have a conscience, seek work elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
too many to list. Crooked company utterly lacking in respect for residents
Poor company to work for unless you like to steal from residents,
Harasssed and lied to by management. Discrimnation is rampant. Be prepared I would not reccomend this company to anyone!!!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I've been with sun for 3 years and I enjoy what I do and taking care of the property. I enjoy hearing from the guests and residents how well everything looks and operates. I looking to move up within the company
Pros
Great across the board
Cons
Takes time to get people hired and into postion
It started out as a fun place to work but changed. HR does nothing to help you out. Make you do double the work for little pay. Higher ups don’t care about their workers at all.
Pros
Benefit are ok.
Cons
Bad management, pay
Overworked and underpaid. The verbal abuse received from residents on a weekly basis was not worth this salary. It's one thing to have to deescalate an unhappy customer and try to resolve an issue, but it's another to have to be screamed at, cussed at, called names, and be belittled. I've been in customer service for years and this was one of a kind. Entitled management = entitled residents.
It took a little time to get hired because not that many people leave. I am treated the way I would like people to treat me. I started around when Covid 19 started. The company has been considerate and truly concerned about its employees and guests
I love working at Sun Communities. Eagles nest cafe love the people I work with and customers are great also. It's very close to home and the team supports one a neither
Even though I was in one time zone, I was expected to be available for all deadlines, meetings, calls, etc., in my RVPs time zone. HR was no help. I was harassed, belittled, talked down to and humiliated by my boss and retaliated upon when I reported this. At a property I wasn't allowed to hire an assistant manager, this gave me no work life balance and became a 24/7 job.
Worked at good ol sky harbor for a little over 2 years. Never had the right tools for the job and didn't like to supply it so figure it out. Managment is racist, disrespectful and very incompetent. Just keep paying your rent.
I have no real complaints about the company. The benefits are pretty decent. The only thing is that the particular property I had could not keep a manager so I had to deal with 3-4 different managers.
I suppose there is such a thing as a good manager but I didn’t have that honor. I was lied to several times about promotions and raises. They pay under normal maintenance averages. I witnessed a few shady dealings so I decided to give a month notice and the manager informed me that your last day tomorrow 👎👎 don’t have much good to say about this company
The most enjoyable part of my job is the level of communication between Home Office and the Community. I was able to exceed my career expectations. There is no limit where we can not go. All Community Managers are required to hold CA Occupational Sales License.
I enjoyed being around all of the campers. The manager is very nice and understandable. The work environment is pleasant. My coworkers were all amazing.
Corporate management should either be engaged with each individual park, they need to listen to their General managers and give them the support they need to enhance and make changes where necessary and most importantly if they are going to be in the family vacation business, the should care about people!! Not just the bottom line $$
Sun communities is a nice place to work, but the management and sometimes the work environment can be a bit much. Managers need to respect its employees a bit more.
Incredible company to work for in the property management company
They give you a lot of opportunity to grow and learn

also willing to pay lasses for you for your education improvement.
This can be a great company to work for if you are customer service oriented. The customer is the resident who depends on you to maintain their community.
The “Golden rule” is the key to a fun enjoyable career with SUN.
It was great to be the smiling face of the RV park and to interact with so many wonderful people looking to enjoy our community. I had the chance to make a direct impact on so many families while working the Front desk and met so many interesting people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6