Sun Life Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Office job (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 5, 2018
Sun Life provides great work/life balance and generous paid vacation and sick time. My co-workers are great and management, up to the CEO, welcomes employee input. While no organization is perfect, Sun Life provides a stable and supportive work environment. I really enjoy my job and look forward to coming to work.
Great Establishment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 16, 2018
one of the most remarkable Community health centers . I am extremely grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful establishment. Team players both for the community and for there employees.
Poor Communication
Medical Records/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZMay 8, 2018
Manager left two months after I started and nobody has taken her place, un-organized. The front office and back office people don't work very well together. Too much drama.
Sun life
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 3, 2018
Management is bad and no one cares when complaints are made. To many changes to often you don't get a chance to learn one thing when new things are brought to the table. Not much room for advancement because it goes based on who you know or if management likes you.
Pros
Good down to earth coworkers
Cons
management and constant change
Avoid
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 23, 2018
Until every director is replaced, it is a "boy's club" - avoid this company! Blame, Pointing Fingers and a general unsafe culture. Professionalism is not practiced at this company.
n/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coolidge, AZFebruary 26, 2018
advancement, bonuses or raises are not given. Management does not listen to employees, seems like they don't care. Employees are underpaid
Job Location: Coolidge
Busy but typical work days.
RMA Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day was to work in the lab and process all CLIA testing and blood draws and specimens for pick up. I had never solely ran a lab, so there was much to learn. Our office manager was very nice, and everyone there worked as hard and as best as they could. The hardest part of the job was to handle the patient load. It's this way across the board though in healthcare. The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients. I enjoyed getting to know them and talking with them when they came in.
Pros
Working independently.
Cons
Too much for one person to do. But it's that way anywhere you go in healthcare.
Sad situation, great potential, lack of educated kind people. The kindest and one of the best left...
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 21, 2017
Executive team thinks they are above all and look down in everyone. Practice managers are detached or very unkind! New management hired doesn’t care about employees. CEO great, COO not so much. Unprofessional management and when a good manager who cares come alone they leave because they are underpaid, over worked and unappreciated by executive team.
Pros
Patients are fun and appreciate help. Doctors are good to staff and patients.
Easy going workplace
Lead Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 12, 2017
Typical day in my position includes a fixed set of hours 8-5pm with a 1 hour lunch break. We come to work ready to tackle the day by having an evening huddle with our team the day before.
Great for gaining experience
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 12, 2017
Allows you to work with a diversity in patients. Teaches you great customer service skills. The most enjoyable part was working with the different health care teams.
Very Stressful place to work at. No management support
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZOctober 26, 2017
Management has favoritism, no place for advancement. Patients are very rude and providers are whiners. some co-workers are kind & others snitchers. very stressful place to work
Pros
Cons
everything
The workplace culture was very diverse in which I loved.
Full-Time Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJune 27, 2017
The workplace culture was very diverse. It was neat to see such diversity. It also helped a lot because everyone was able to help in some way. It was also nice to learn about every one and made it more comfortable to work together as a family at times.
Pros
Great amount of time for lunch.
Cons
Awesome luncheons
pleasant co-workers and manager
Medical Front Office/ Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJune 4, 2017
Manager at and employees at Maricopa facility are kind, hardworking and understanding. Sun Life is a good place to work. Some days can be tougher that others, but everyone here is supportive and that makes up for the rough days.
Pros
co workers and family environment
Cons
certain positions can be stressful
Beware!
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 11, 2016
Terrible place to work. Culture is horrible and the management team is the bad ole boys club. They keep the bad employees and the good ones leave. High turnover tells the story!
Job Seeker Beware!
None listed (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 14, 2016
No job security working for this company! High turnover tells the real story.
The company says they are a family oriented atmosphere but they aren't. Management thinks they are responsible for all good things that happen. They look for reasons to get rid of the long-time dedicated staff.

Was a good place to work before the current CEO took over.
Job seeker beware...
Great people to work with!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 9, 2015
I was able to learn from an Army medic with lots of experience, who trained me very well. I was also able to learn the processes of a lab.
Pros
Learning new job skills
Cons
Hour lunches
Eh
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Manuel, AZMay 2, 2013
Was a great job until budget costs cut my hours to a unliveable amount.
Enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZOctober 2, 2012
I love my job, patients and co-workers. Everyday was a new experience and you just didn't know what to expect. My job taught me to be observant of my patients and to listen even when they weren't speaking. A typical day was rooming patients, vitals, injections, administering medications, answering phone calls, autoclaving instruments, ear lavages, assisted with procedures, immunizations, phlebotomy on adults and children, urinalysis testing, drug testing, preparing blood samples for courier pickup. Entering electronic information on patients. Called patients with lab results, called rx's into pharmacy. I never liked the end of the day since I knew it was time to leave. We all worked very hard but we didn't mind. We had great team work and celebrated the team work by having a specific potluck every month. Gossip was nipped in the bud right way and most everyone new that it would not be tolerated. I enjoyed learning new procedures and applying those new skills. Overtime was never an option as I loved spending time at the office, so going home was the hard part for me. I really enjoyed getting to know my patients and working with my doctor. Management wasn't the greatest, they expected much more than we could deliver. In my opinion we worked harder and not smarter due to the guidlines that management implemented. Many procedures were completed several times due to the computer applications we were allowed. I feel quite sad to say that we were non-efficient because of our management.
Pros
friendly co-workers, wonderful patients and opportunity to learn daily.
Cons
no leadership from management, no raises, no recognition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Family Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9