Sun Loan Company Employee Reviews

work life balance is bad
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 23, 2018
if you have kids not the place to work for you, your office numbers suck you got to work late nights and Saturdays. Hard to keep your family balance at home, if kids are in sports hard to go to games etc
Enjoyed it
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The stressful part was having to go to peoples houses when you couldn't reach them on the phone. I enjoyed helping people be able to rebuild their credit.
Very fun place to work.
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 21, 2018
Everyday is different, different customers and new encounters. Work is the same but if you work with a great team all you can get is success. Self motivation is key in working with this company. There is no time for fun, just work.
Good Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MO 65251May 15, 2018
Working for The Sun Loan Company is not for everyone, but the right fit will thrive in this environment. The Sun Loan Company has really good benefits.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennett, MoApril 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping individuals to rebuild their credit as well as help the to understand the importance of good credit. I enjoyed being the manager of my own location.
Pros
Many meeting and fun business trips paid for by the company.
Cons
No overtime paid to managers.
Collection
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 9, 2018
Many phone calls, traveled alot to collect as well as company provided lots of training to get you where you need. Dressy job. Many perks for the family.
Good Job
Floating Manager (Current Employee) –  VariedApril 9, 2018
It was a good job. The company is family owned and treats you well. Hours and pay are good. The only downfall is working collections. Overall its a good place. Every Job has work we dont like.
Consumer Loan Specialist (CLS)-Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 4, 2018
The company was great place to work for. They were focused on the training provided to make sure you understand your work and goals that were given for the office.
Pros
Whenever there were meetings outside of office-the company paid for food and travel expenses
Cons
Having to work late nights when monthly goals weren't met
Productive Place
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALMarch 6, 2018
You would work a regular shift with a little overtime, very friendly company.. Love the people of the company, great team and the teamwork put in thru out the whole company
Pros
love the Incentives, love the traveling to meetings
Cons
insurance
Terrible place work
Cls (Former Employee) –  Hobbs Canyon, NMFebruary 20, 2018
I hated working here, I was promise no late night, off very other Saturday. This was all bull. They treat you if your job on the line. You have no time for family .Your just working All the time. It a not worth it. Good money but, having work like your thier slave.. Not good at all
Pros
Go benefits
Cons
You will have no life
Great !
Financial Manager/ Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 15, 2018
I loved my job and my responsibilities during the years i worked there.

Great place to work If Supervisor is there for you to support.

Good luck to everyone.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor.
Processed loans
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Was a decent job that offered advancement opportunities. Processed payday and installment loans. Workplace culture was good. Enjoyed interacting with customers
A business to teach you good sales ethics and customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Sunloan is definitely a place to start to learn basic customer service skille cold calling and collections. I really enjoyed my time with sunloan the incentives offered to meet goals the trips and the friendly staff that i will never forget
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 1, 2018
I worked for this company for 4 years. When you numbers are good everyone is happy, but if they slip your job is on the line. No matter what you do to get people to pay or how hard you try. I worked 50 to 60 hours a week and as a manager I got no overtime. My last supervisor was nothing short of a bully!!
Pros
Bonuses, 1 hour lunch, always busy
Cons
No family life, poor management
Enjoyed the people i worked for
Loan Processor/Receivables/Collector (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 29, 2018
There were 3 women that worked here and everyone got along. We did our job pedicure and enjoyed working with each other. If we needed time off or we were going through something my manager would have compassion and would encourage us and prayed with us.
Best Boss
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJanuary 26, 2018
While I worked at Sunloan, I had the best boss, coworker and supervisor. There were part of my job I got to where I didn't want to do anymore do to safety reasons but I always looked forward to going to work everyday.
Okay...not great...the need to keep up with the times
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 5, 2018
They pick favorites...no matter how worthless they are, I had to complain not once but twice about my manager not pulling her weight. They met with her but nothing was done.
Ability to help ....
Consumer Loan Specialist and Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVDecember 26, 2017
Like any other job, you have good and bad days. It can be fun and it also can be stressful. What I enjoyed the most, was the opportunity to help out customers with their financial needs every day.
A company that values its people
Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 23, 2017
This company puts a lot of time into training. There are various locations to train and you get 3 different training classes within your first 6 months along with your hands-on training in the office. You receive personal development, and will learn how to handle conflict, negotiations, how to communicate effectively. The job can be stressful and collection work is definitely not for those who are unwilling to learn how to communicate in a way that is friendly but firm, but also has many aspects that make the hard work worth it. Paid vacations and holidays, benefits, 401K. Opportunities to bonus, and if you run an effective office that reaches goals, you have a very high earning potential in the profit sharing. Goals are attainable but push you to work hard. Management is open to feedback and works hard to make adjustments and keep employees happy.
Pros
Training, bonuses, Good team, positive environment
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXDecember 21, 2017
Co-workers all got along well, never stress in the office , everything was working fine, never competing in-between co-workers, office always felt like home
Pros
awesome manager, good friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Loan Company. Our community is ready to answer.