Sun National Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A good place to work
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJMarch 15, 2018
It was a good place to work but after June 30 2018 it will be no more. Sun National Bank was bought by Ocean First and they are headquartered in Toms River NJ
Pros
flexible PTO
Cons
not many opportumities to move up
work day
Teller (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJanuary 23, 2018
• Processed exchanges of currency for coins/tokens/chips/fast cash tickets.
• Prepared hand-paid jackpots and hopper fills.
• Cash handling $250,000 in cash for change to customer.
Good Company
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 5, 2018
Sun National Bank was a good place to work for. I learn a lot regarding management. I had a great leader and manager. I learn overdraft decisioning and business loan applications. I felt we were like a family.
Working environment
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, NJNovember 4, 2017
In my experience with this company, I have to say, it has not been bad. Although, unlike other companies that I have worked for, they have an outdated computer system which makes it difficult to effectively service customers. Also, management styles vary from branch to branch which makes it difficult to assist in other offices as needed.
Pros
Paid time off is generous
Cons
With the upcoming sale to Ocean First pending, job security is questionable
Sun Bank is a fine company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJOctober 9, 2017
A typical workday entailed servicing customers.
At Sun Bank learned the importance of maintaining a positive and professional attitude with customers and coworkers alike.
Sun Bank has fair and competent managers who consistently strive to set employees up for success.
The culture at Sun Bank was a collaborative and family-like environment.
The hardest part of my job at Sun Bank was learning that I would no longer be a part of the Sun Bank family.
The most enjoyable part of my time with Sun Bank was simply being part of the family called Sun Bank.
Pros
Being part of a collaborative family like team
Cons
Having my time at Sun Bank come to an end
Worked in a very busy office
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 2, 2017
My typical day consisted of reviewing the overdraft list and making decisions. Waiting on high profile customers and taking care of their financial needs.
Benefits
Cons
Salary compensation
Growing financial organization
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJAugust 26, 2017
Provides financial services and products to personal and business accounts. Goal is to proved quality customer serves and to attain financial goals of the organization.
Destined to be acquired
BSA / AML Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 22, 2017
The senior management arrived and organized the company for acquisition. Great for the equity holders. The company failed to advance technology which made it difficult to keep up with the times.
Nice place
BSA/AML Analyst/ Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 8, 2017
Good environment and friendly staff. Difficult to advance at the company. Decent opportunities to learn new skills through classes however resources are limited.
Pros
freiendly staff and comfortable environment
Cons
No room for advancement, low salary
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative ll (Current Employee) –  Colts Neck, NJMay 24, 2017
Small community bank with good customer service. Management does recognize your performance. Customers satisfaction rating is high as compare to bigger banks.
• Administered check cashing, bank deposits and withdrawals, and loan payments.
Personal Banker/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Contribute to increasing balance sheet growth, profitability and customer retention of the branch by meeting sales and service goals and objectives. Manage portfolio including responsibility for service, account preparation and documentation
Overall one of the worse places to work for
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 15, 2017
This place has no experience professional's at all. From top management to the branch level management. Co-workers were aweful. They make you push for products to customers that didn't fit there needs to make branch goals.
Not a place you wanna work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 19, 2016
When I first went to Vineland and Mt. Laurel for orientation/training, I thought I was going to LOVE the company, which i do. Everyone is so nice and helpful so just keep in mind I'm not bashing the whole company, just simply the branch I worked in. The manger quite clearly played "favorites". I had asked for a day off, due to moving and I was denied. A service specialist on the desk one day had asked to leave early, and have the next day off.. for a CONCERT. Her wish was granted. I was also asked to take a shorter vacation to come in and help out because another teller had requested vacation that week also, i did cut my vacation short. Months later, I put in a PTO request for another vacation.. was denied because someone else was going on vacation. The way the branch was ran was extremely UNPROFESSIONAL. Would never recommend working there... not to mention, the pay was just as lousy as the manager. The other tellers for the most part were great, but just as miserable as I was.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
the manager
Good Job for College Student
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 31, 2016
This is a great job for a college students as they don't offer the best salary and compensation package. Also, little to no job advancement or career training.
Pros
Great for Colloge students
Cons
Salary
nice place to work
Also respond and assist customers (Former Employee) –  Little Egg Harbor, NJMay 24, 2016
Busy branch. little town so customer were so nice to us . they feel like walking in and talking to friends. very friendly. coworkers really nice hard working people.
N/a
Project Coordinator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  South Vineland, NJMay 7, 2016
Very nice workforce. Knowledgeable associates who are willing to help the person next to them. A great company with future plans for expansion.
Not professional enough
BSA/AML Investigator I (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054April 24, 2016
Management would say one thing and then do the opposite. Management would talk about those under him to other people. The atmosphere was loud and unprofessional many days.
Quite and educational place to work
Loan Review Processor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed working within the Commercial Loan Department. An average day would be post closing one to five files, depending on the amount of paperwork I had to review, my coworkers where always available to assist when I needed it and management always kept everyone on top of the latest rules and compliance changes. Every holiday we always had a food day which was a chore I enjoyed doing, I did not mind taking the lead on making sure everyone was participating and fed. The hardest part of my job, besides leaving, was the attorney prepared loan documents. I always had to take my time in reading them and making sure all of the documents regarding the loan(s) had the same consistent verbiage.
Ok Job but not too much room for advancement
Teller (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJFebruary 22, 2016
I don't see many job openings happening as the company is downsizing and closing branches. I feel like I am stuck in a position at the bottom and I haven't seen a raise or bonus in the 2 years that I've worked there.
Pros
easy job, training provided
Cons
no room for advancement
Great place to work with a friendly work environment.
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Collingswood, NJFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting customers, processing bank related transactions, balancing the money drawer and the vault.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.