Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
58Below average

Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States88 reviews
I joining in the company 29 Dec2014 as
Trainee Technician for 1 year and after 1 year am conferm in company in training period i take training senseaely and. Learn so much during this period

After training I take charge in plant as

Plant Technician and do work in shifts
Good work/life balance
No room for professional growth (stuck in the same positions for years)

Business goals and strategy changes without clear communication downstream

High turnaround (18 month employment retention)

Performance bonus and promotions are not based on merit
If you are not one of the “senior” employees, your at the low end of the pole. Also employees talk about other employees right in front of new hires , talk about management & when you let management know they do nothing about it when the employee has constantly been reprimanded for the same action , no stability, no communication manager tells other employees to tell the employee he wants to talk something instead of
I’ve never worked with a more disorganized, morally reprehensible, unethical company in my career. Protocols, processes, and legalities are all forsaken for the improvement of the bottom line
Cons
Poor management and disorganized launch
People within the line functions are wonderful management runs this as a non US business and the culture is very difficult
Management does not support a diverse work environment and it becomes increasingly difficult for women to advance
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Busy work day, company culture is good, coworkers are friendly, lots of learning opportunities, international culture which welcomes all. Can be a challenging work environment when new products are being launched.
great place to learn new things .Real world experience . open management not much structure. No precise and specific directions they want to head to .
Never in all my positions have I worked for a company as unorganized as Sun. The turnover rate is something I have not seen in 30 years. There is NO support and the senior management is out for themselves. They are unethical and will never fight for the employee. Steer clear no matter the level. I could not in good conscience EVER recommend this company. Not even to someone I didn't like very much. I only lasted several months and turns out I was the 3rd person under this leader, directly, and the 7th to leave due to his nasty and slimy behavior. Upper management and HR have been told on multiple occasions and yet he is free to wreak the havoc he continues. STAY AWAY!
I do believe I learned more at this company than anywhere. I have ever worked previously. Great people great time earning a paycheck truly saddens me to see this company close its doors.
An very unorganized company that has no teaching methods cause no depts interact with each other to know what exactly is going on in order to help each other.
Started as a summer intern. Great program with weekly intern check-ins and learning sessions with company VPs. Got hands on experience including resume building, interview skills and ride alongs with sales reps.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult managers and peers. They made a lot of promises at the interview but could not fulfill them. I would never recommend anyone to work for the company.
Launching a biologic is a very difficult undertaking but you shouldn’t jump in the water if you aren’t ready to swim. Leadership is the main issue, there is a serious lack of communication, respect and professionalism. The disorganization is a nightmare. The sales team is completely off the rails answering to no one for over stepping their boundaries in areas where they shouldn’t. The overall company culture is truly depressing.
The management is a bit on the weaker end.
its not terrible but you are mostly on your own unless you manager is a team player and is able to assist you with projects without you going in on them blindly.

there is many different departments but sometimes you end up doing someone else job because you have a deadline to meet. this helps you be more independent in the long run and understand that the cooperate world is cold.

Place taught me that smiles are just a way for you to do something for them and nothing else.

Friends do not really exist but be strong and bold, and do not be hesitant to network.
Pros
Real world experience
Cons
open management not much structure
No clear direction of what they want to do. Managers micromanage. There is no trust in their employees. Training program is non existent and they will constantly question your knowledge. They’re very disrespecting since it’s a high level position. Steer clear, you are expendable in a heart beat. They make it clear, you DO NOT MATTER.
Sun lacks a clear culture that fits with the american way of business. I felt that employees were quite disposable. I felt disconnected with the organization. Sometimes I felt that the bonus structure was out of reach. The company lacked a clear direction for their product marketing. They lacked the understanding of the sales obstacles.
Very busy, Like pulling teeth to learn from team members, Management was either aggressive or ignored problems. Culture make sure you speak different languages. Most difficult part of the job was learning. Human Resource department not helpful.
Stressful and very demanding. Management only worried about management and would always threaten to fire you. All your time off had to in advance because the overtime list would be put out for months at a time. Also if you missed a scheduled overtime day you would be suspended for three days without pay.
This company acts like it is operating in India with the lack of respect for women, the nasty way the CEO treats people and allowing unethical methods in the field and workplace. It’s a wonder the government has not shut them down yet.
good company to work,i am working more than 12 years and i like to work with Sunpharma,also provide good benefit and nice culture to work,benefit is also good.
Company had some growing pains but were making efforts to address cultural acceptance and collaboration. I was given the opportunity to learn and do some things that have advanced my career.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.