Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and great to work
SR.MANAGER-OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJFebruary 9, 2019
Busy day, meetings and travelling. Good team work, employees were friendly..
Enjoyed working here, hardest part was set up of the plant in the beginning days.
Pros
Cons
Reconition and rewards
Not a good place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJFebruary 1, 2019
very little work gets done. hurry up and do nothing. that is why the company is going under. The company favors a specific nationality and if you are from that country than you don't have to do anything all day.
Pros
no pros
Cons
unfair treatment to hard workers
Workplace Culture was not good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 27, 2019
A typical work day is very long. Barely have breaks. The company didn't offer good benefits. No paid days off.
No enough staff for support on the floor. Company didn't have respect for it's employees. Many staff members overlooked. The turnaround rate of people staying at the job was very high.
Pros
Cons
Workplace culture horrible.
Stressful, disrespectful, racists & unprofessional accounts payable manager & VP.
Acvounts payabal (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Accounts payable manager & VP are totally unprofessional & disrespectful & expects you to put your self esteem on hold for them at Princeton location.
Pros
Branded team, procurement team, regulatory teams are good!
Cons
Accounts payable WORST MANAGEMENT... A BIG NO NO
Moving in the right direction
SENIOR SUPERVISOR, COMPLIANCE (Current Employee) –  JNJDecember 19, 2018
In my opinion, the company has started to move in the right direction, as compared to years back. Compensation is not that great. There is high turnover rate, mostly due to uncompetitive compensation
Very unorganized with lack of clear direction from upper management
Territory Manager - Atlanta North (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 26, 2018
I've never worked at a company where management consistently gives mixed messages. In the midst of a launch, we've been told to initiate a particular message. In the same breath, we are told that we are doing this and not telling upper management about it. We are constantly operating in the gray zone.
nice place to work and learn
as packaging operator. (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJSeptember 27, 2018
Good place to work.good and friendly staff. good atmospher to work..lot to learn from seniors.good team work,follow every sops and cgmp. supporting staff.and co-workers.
Overall Assessment
Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 25, 2018
My current job is to identify and qualify third party manufacturing services for various dosage forms, including sterile technologies.
I carry my own project load overseeing technology transfer through commercialization and launch of branded pharmaceutical products.
Work entails steering committee meetings with CMO's and internal senior management.
Sun is an Indian company and has a very unique Indian work culture, wherein decisions are typically made at the highest levels of the company, which is unusual for me, as I have worked in US companies all my career.
The hardest part of the job is the very high level of corporate bureaucracy in many support functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Travel, etc.which requires significant of additional time and effort to accomplish simple tasks such as arranging travel, filing expense reports, issuing/approving purchase orders, etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team I work with, here in the US, in India and in Europe.
Productive and good place to work with lot of opportunity to learn
Scientist/Chemist, (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Work involves working for multi projects. Productive and good place to work with lot of opportunities to learn. Very nice atmosphere in the lab with helping nature of research staff.
Friendly working environment
Drug Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 28, 2018
Sun Pharma offers a pleasant working environment. However, there are few opportunities to move forward within the organization and it seems the company does not put much importance on many of the positions held in the company.

Want to know more about Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.?

Ask a question
Productive work if you have the right manager
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 28, 2018
I happened to have a very good and understanding manager. However, upper management does not seem to be handling projects and budget management very well. Recently it's planning to close down a manufacturing site and many employees have been laid off. I have witnessed other employees being abused by their supervisor/manager.
Good Place
(1) Production Manager (Since (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 14, 2018
Great Place to work
good learning
Hardwork
Multi skill
good culture
fast pace
helpfull, good boss, new items to learn
Good employees
manufacturing
Productive work force
Sr. Director - Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 1, 2018
My typical day starts with review of daily production commitments. Review quality actionable's that need attention. Attend meetings as required.

Management is exceptional and very helpful in maintaining a friendly environment in review and understanding teams expectations. They provide very good support and motivation for employee success. Which is very encouraging for me and my team.

The most enjoyable part is leading a successful, compliant and diligent production team on day to day basis.
Sun Pharma not well-managed
Dermatology Pharmaceutical Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2018
Sun Pharma not well-managed.

The corporate mission statement is not well followed either. the access for the meds for providers to Rx is very weak, at best
Cons
Sun Pharma not well-managed
I learned a lot in the microbiology field
Microbiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHJune 28, 2018
This was a very good place to work for. I enjoyed working in the microbiology field. My manager was willing to teach me more techniques in my line of work.
Pros
Willingness to teach, and help to grow in field of microbiology
Cons
Temporary job
Sun Pharma provides opportunities
Senior Scientist for PAT (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJune 25, 2018
Sun Pharma provides opportunities to its employees both in terms of advancement and increased responsibility. Also its a corporate culture that focuses on continuous improvement and progress. However something similar to Teva 10 or 15 years ago, Sun went thru a relatively rapid phase of growth followed by this current phase of market adjustment. Also this firm shows a true concern for the overall welfare of its employees but at the same time is highly resource conscious. This at times makes it difficult to support projects in a more flexible way and can sometimes lead to projects getting under resourced. Overall Sun Pharma is a good place to work, for the those with the drive to take advantage of the provided opportunities.
Productive work place very professional
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJune 19, 2018
Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
Monitor and ensure a sound, ethical environment.
Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Good environment at work place
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2018
I worked at Sun Pharma full time (More than 3 Years), The environment was joy full to perform job duties, not bad but some times you need to move on for lots of opportunities, want to get more options for further planning of family and my self too.
Pros
good benefits, flexibility, room to grow
Cons
Need to wok on culture
If you MUST work then take the job....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 7, 2018
If you can wait for something better wait!!!
Terrible management
No perks
Just wait for a real company
Compliance problems just not a healthy environment
One of the best Tablet manufacturing facilities in India
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dadra, Dadra and Nagar HaveliFebruary 20, 2018
Extremely helpful employees, who are willing to teach interns.
I learnt about the large-scale manufacturing of coated tablets at a USFDA approved manufacturing plant, which was a unique experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.