SUN Products Employee Reviews

work/life balance
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2018
best job i ever had. They are now Henkel not sun. trying to go back to work there. discount gym membership, cash health incentives, discount products, great enviroment
Pros
time working is equal to time off
Cons
you smell good
Loved this job.
Blowmold machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 15, 2018
I absolutely loved my job. Didnt want to leave but felt i had no choice. I had waited several weeks to have human resources solve this issue so i could work in peace. They didnt move as quickly as i felt they should. It was not safe.
Solid place to work
Post-Addition Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 9, 2018
The job is hard but you do get aid fairly, receive great training for the industry, and have lots of oppritunities for advancement. The only bad part is the job was extremely hard with lots of PPE required to perform the job.
Pros
Pay, advancement, discounts on product
Cons
Very hard work
Hard woring
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 6, 2018
You will work alot have to stay busy and moving at all times . You work with laundry detergent so you have to make sure the dates are right on the the and labels are right.
It's a job and pays fairly well. I liked working there.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 29, 2017
It's a great place to work. You come home smelling great! The management was really nice and patient. Your tools that you needed are provided for you without paying for them.
Pros
Lunch break was long enough
Cons
Short breaks werent long enough
Fast pace environment with extremely high expectations.
General Office (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2017
This is a great job if you like working 60+ hours per week on a salary wage. You can also work from home to keep up with the tremendous workload. I generally get my 40 hours in-office and 20+ at home on a weekly basic.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Difficult workload / Long hours with little compensation
Line operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 2, 2017
Temp worker, full time employees stood around and temps did a majority of the work. Had to walk way to far to get to any breakroom. Half your break time was walking. Decent pay, long hours.
Cons
Long walk to breakrooms
Nice Place to Work for.
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 23, 2017
Working for Sun Products, Inc, was fast pace. Supervisors and managers helped out went we needed the help. There were a lot of over time during the summer months,
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
lots of over time
Co-workers were great!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
my position was a very busy position. the work was good and my immediate supervisor was for the most part very helpful. Upper management was a completely different matter. There were policies in place that were proven very ineffective. Which were proven on paper, and in practice. Several well thought out, tried and previously implemented procedures, but were not implemented due to upper managements distain of previous owners. There were also policies that people were dismissed for that were purposely left out of the employee hand book.
Pros
Co workers
Great place to work at.
Case Erector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 6, 2017
All together I enjoyed my job at Sun Products. I learned how to work better with a team and I also learned a better work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with all kind of people and being able to learn new stuff everyday. The hardest part of the job was getting use to the schedule.
Alright place to work, is growing with changes to come
Value Stream Lead, Production SME, UPS Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 4, 2017
Was recently bought by Henkel. Is now Henkel-Sun products, the unknown is stressful, the previous company (Sun) had communication issues and they still exist during this transition period to Henkel and that is difficult. I do not feel that we are always on the same page as a company; almost as if we are working at separate places with nearly opposing final goals
Good company to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 24, 2017
The managers seem to have the ability to keep moral high in this working facility. Great pay and benefits. Working for this company will make you feel confident in working torwards a career.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Working a lot of overtime.
Quick to throw you under the bus..
Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLJuly 8, 2017
I used to subcontract for this outfit, but NEVER EVER again. They will not support you, they will not have your back, and the minute something goes awry, you are the FIRST to blame.
Pros
They pay.
Cons
This is a company that hires subcontractors to do the majority, if not all of their work. Save $ and hire an outfit directly. Don't work for them as a subcontractor, they will litter your profile with unfounded, negative reviews.
great coworkers. managment is very lacking
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2017
there are jobs that pay well there, however these jobs are hard to get in to. I applied for one position, which I was absolutely more than qualified for, but was offered a different job all together. the original position wasn't even filled. they had a position that they had a hard time filling.
Company was just bought out by Henkel
Deployment Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
The company is being restructured having just been bought out. My job is being eliminated. Since I don't have much knowledge of Henkel, I really can't give a fair assessment.
My opinions about sun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 30, 2017
While working at sun there were alot of workers who did absolutely nothing, there were also when I had to run a machine because the machine operator wasn't doing there job. It was an OK work place but over all I will not work there again.
Pros
You get paid every week
Cons
You walk to death, you dont have time for anything and breaks are really short
A very childish environment and a lot of drama between management and employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 4, 2017
The workplace culture is very racist and I would not work there again. Everyone seems to be wrapped up in their own drama and the managers are not taught how to lead the line members. They just throw anybody into management.
Most people do not enjoy working here
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2017
The schedule is hard to get used to sometimes. 12 hour shifts are very long and tiring. The pay is decent but there is a lot of high school drama to deal with .
Sun Products
Shipping Coordinator/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 24, 2017
Horrible place to work. They never want to advance from within the company. Bend over backwards for new hires and do nothing for people who have worked there longer.
A good company, but low pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 23, 2017
The job is easy but it pays low for this area I think.

The job is kinda easy but I had to teach myself a lot they didn't give me good training. I had maybe 2 day some people get a week.

Management is really nice on the floor upper management I never really saw.