Sun RV Resort

Sun RV Resort Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
My job was great until international workers ruined it. I enjoyed everyday coming to work, working the the customers and my fellow employees. Then international workers arrived and ruined it all. I hate my job and will most likely be leaving soon due to the stressful and hostile work environment created by these terrible humans. This has happened for more than one season, and is not biased to one group of international workers.
Cons
International workers, stressful work environment
Need better management , new management doesn't know enough about camping supplies or needs. Management not loyal to employees who have worked there several years.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Need better management
Management is the worst I've ever experienced they don't care one bit about the employes. You will be underpaid and over worked from day one. They expect you to be on call 24 7 365 but refuse to compensate you 1 penny for it. It's probably the worst job I can remember having and I would suggest staying away from Sun...period!
Pros
You get some paid time off
Cons
Managment, pay, just about everything
Terrible middle management, . No one knows what there doing. I had 5 managers in two years. That tells you everything you need to know about middle management.The blind leading the blind. Every manager micro manages you they all had control issues. A publicly traded company they care about making money ,even though they waste piles of money on everything except there employees They don’t pay !I made 24 dollars an hour as a maintenance supervisor.I highly recommend not investing your time working here. A real boys club for the boys on top of the food chain.
Pros
Beautiful property
Cons
Micromanage you no independent thinking allowed
My position title was supposed to be Office Coordinator, but I was really a salesperson for resident owned manufactured homes. The management expected me to sell homes and not receive a sales commission.
Pros
Wonderful park residents
Cons
Management that isn't truthful.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not open fully so 4 days only and hours are SLIM. You also can not be over your scheduled time or you can be fired for milking the clock. Brace yourself for the immense wait of getting in their corporate system...and when you DO..they expect you to check a company email. CHeck stubs, time clocks, scheduling, and EVERYTHING is in their Rabbit PORTAL...Its painful to figure out with computer knowledge and they don't really have a intro to it. It also is mixed with sun communities so you are bombarded with EVERYONES MASS EMAILS. Oh and CLASSES you must take on the clock with deadlines, ratings of employees and supervisors, some are for their other company dealing with housing...Yep gotta take em anyway.
Don't even bother with part time..hiring takes about 2 months with drug screening and background. Interviewed on phone in Michigan, then 2 more times. When you finally start (they don't tell you this) as Part time you are required to pass a PROBATION OF 6 MONTHS to APPLY for FULL time. They will hire a totally new no one instead of a consistent employee. You also DO NOT get the benefits they love to list on their want ads as a part time employee. They are adamant of 32 hour minimums even with the on site on clock portal classes and emailing. Full time people LIVE there...and beg for time off they never get because of constant short staffing. Someone goes you are waiting a LONG time til relief gets hired.

They keep terrible employees to not pay unemployment. No call no shows, late every day, breaks that never end, disappearing acts, coming to work inebriated,
 - more...
Pros
You are going to have to make it positive to make it here
Cons
Terrible communication, Overworked Full time workers, Having to deal with lazy or incapable coworkers, fear of job loss everywhere
I've worked at the Bushnell (resort)ha Ha ha (they don't even have sidewalks) for a very long time. If you don't work in the office, you are dog dirt!......Maintenance has on call duties for FREE, it's your job but you only get time off in lieu of pay!...So, you're trapped at your house for 5 to 7 days, can't go to the beach, out to dinner, HAVE ANY KIND OF FUN OR RELAX because you're on-call and don't even get payed for it. The guest break everything, do what ever they want and some don't even pick up their dog waste when walking their dog.
WATCH WHERE YOU ARE WALKING! Your start pay will probably be $10.00 per hour and you will do everything and anything!
I worked at The Loft at Indian Creek RV Resort as part of Sun RV Resorts, and my experience there was great. I learned how to be productive at a restaurant as a dishwasher, and I was able to wash dishes with not much trouble. My supervisors were great, and I met some great people there as well. I even learned some other skills there as well such as how to refill paper towel dispensers as well as how to wash chicken wings. One problem I had was how I would have to work pass midnight due to how busy it was at where I worked, but that wasn't too much of a problem. I would recommend anyone in the area to work at The Loft.
Pros
Great supervisors, meal discounts, plenty of break time, free soda, great training, good resources
Cons
Overtime can extend to midnight
Corporate is in Michigan and the site is in Zephyrhills and of course the left foot doesn’t know what the right foot is doing half the time. The restaurant manger and kitchen manager are micro managers. There’s no appreciation ever given and the HOA committee gets whatever whenever they want it.
Pros
Restaurant closes before most
Cons
Pay, Management, and corporate management
If you want to work 70 hours or more a week and never see your family this is the place for you. Their senior management is as diverse as a jar of mayo. If you are a female and applying you should probably seek employment elsewhere this is an all boys club.
Pros
At some point you'll die so i guess that's good.
Cons
Needs more demons from hades as HR managers it would really brighten up the place.
most coworkers were great and helpful management was very unstable when i brought up harrasment by fellow employee (twice) it was ignored they did at least let you do your thing
Pros
nice customers and staff
Cons
having to punch out for break
I enjoyed my time working here. Co-workers and management were easy to work with and respectful.The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to positively interact with current and potential clients.
This was an excellent job because the worker could make own hours but there was no chance for advancement. Great co-workers.
Pros
Ability to make own hours and be done before noon.
Cons
No advancement or health benefits.