Sun Technologies Employee Reviews

good
Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 4, 2018
reinstating electronic components into subassemblies with correct orientation and location .Records repair tracking system as needed. Records failures onto paperwork .
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
hoping this would be my last job. to retire there
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 29, 2018
came in and would see how many sales we had. See how much the product went for on e-bay and finish them up. Along with re-posting the products every day on e-bay. Sort through credit apps and pull their credit. If good then we would finance them. Answer Sale calls and emails. Helping and motivating my sales team were needed. Towards the end of the day I would make sure the correct tanning beds were going out and to the right places. Then email the tracking number to the customer. Paperwork was the hardest part I guess. If I had to pick something.But I didn't mind. I loved the job overall. The job itself was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
money people atmosphere
Cons
delays in shipping due to parts needed
Very short term
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 1, 2018
I was told I'd be working for a company for 3 months... It lasted 2 weeks and I've noticed a pattern in their hiring method that suggests it's some kind of loophole they're exploiting for profit.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Everyone keeps you distant because they know you're getting the ax in 10 days.
Productive Fun Environment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2017
Productive Fun Environment, 95% of job duties consistent of emailing customers only, minimal phone interaction. Daily conference with management to give updates on past due accounts - Contract only
Self employed,working partner
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Helping hand of husbandNovember 3, 2017
I m just helping my husband.job security is there.
Culture is good.Salary i can compromise being wife.
Working is nice ofcourse i m not bounded ,free to work.
It was a temp job that paid well
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Training Center, ILNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Sun Technologies, they were friendly and very quick at getting me on board. Also whenever there was a problem they were usually pretty quick to respond. Please note that it was a temporary assignment and there were no benefits or vacation time allowed, but the pay was very nice because it was a temporary government assignment.
Pros
pay and hours
Cons
no overtime pay when working over 40 hours, temporary
Never do business with this company again
Work for deadly hard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
Dishonest and pay overtime as regular pay rate.

So Make sure demand to get the pay you work hard to earn. Make sure have everything signed in contract because they don't know what keep promise means.

Put it as your last choice as contract company because their low moral and no idea of code of business conduct.

I will get my money back and let them known here is United States. You have to comply to the law otherwise you will get in trouble.
Pros
No relation except share your paycheck
Cons
Cheating
Not the greatest
Sr. Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
Consulting shop with no regards for their contractors. Manager was a nightmare clock watcher with no regard for work/homelife. I quit as soon as I could and would never go back
Sun Technologies is a job referral service
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 7, 2015
I was assigned to work as a quality inspector to a Northrop Grumman facility and was initially told that I would be working a 40 hour work week, but for the past 8 or so weeks, this is just not so. As a matter of fact, we temporary employees generally have to wait for our supervisor to text us to tell us when to come in and only get about less than 20 hours per week!!!!??? I think this is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Less than 20 hours per week
Short term contract
Circuit Engineer, TELECOM (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2015
I accepted the assignment, knowing it was a very short term contract. The work was research and data entry. Flexible hours; sat at desk reserching addresses for valid service, then entering information into a spreadsheet.
Pros
Flexible hours - worked 4-10's
Cons
Short term contract
Overall good place to work
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 12, 2012
The potential is less but good decent place to work.

Had working experince with off shore team and full recruitment team.

Employee relations,Employee calls and issues to be taken care .

Payroll administration and vendor issues to be resolved.

New onboarding of employees on daily basis .explanation of policies and procedures.

Love to speak with employees and understanding their work related issues is challenging but works out great for me. So much to learn on daily basis is key to success.