Sunbelt Credit Employee Reviews

Sunbelt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAFebruary 6, 2018
Sunbelt is a good company to work for. Management needs classes and courses in management skills. Renewed leadership would take this company to new heights.
an alrighy place to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 4, 2017
The office take walk in and over the phone loan applications, as a manger i learned how to accept or denial loan application. helping those in financial need.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
pay rate changes
Customer driven work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 26, 2017
The daily operations depended on the customers and the dealings with their money. Some days were great and some were not so great. I had a wonderful team that I worked with, so that helped on those not so great days.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Some Customers
Cons
Close out days, Some Customers
Exciting and fast pace enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 8, 2017
Great place to work at. The manager works well with others. Work Monday through Friday with a half day on Saturday. Opportunity for advance. Coworkers are friendly
Pros
Milage reimburstment
Cons
No 401k offered
Not the best company
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2017
Not a great company to work for, atmosphere very dry not fun, expensive benefits low pay and no days off, no room for growth, worked weekends and OT often
Small space but overall can be rewarding to be able to help someone
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 12, 2016
Typically your normal everyday 9-5. Was mostly responsible for taking applications and having all needed information available for manager to be able to approve or deny for a loan. Also was responsible for keeping all files updated and in order. While working here, I learned how to make split decisions and also how to make decisions on just information alone. This was a really close space to work in but overall my coworkers and I got alone. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I did not make a decision to loan to someone who had no intentions on repaying.
partime only
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCDecember 11, 2016
just a job not many room to grow routine everyday things to do only wanted to offer part time no benefits nothing else to tell
Small finance company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 16, 2016
This company does not invest in their employees.
I was hired as a manager in training by one supervisor for an agreed upon salary and was notified I would train for the next three months in several office to help train me for a future management position within the company. At the end of my ninety days of training within the company I was offered a permanent assistant managers position with a pay decress and was told if I did not accept it that there was no position available for me and they would accept my resigination at that point.
I accepted the position due to at the time I needed my employment however I do and did not agree with the way they treat their employees.
Fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Camdenton, MOMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed working here and would have stayed if I had not been required to visit customers homes. It was easy to climb the ladder and I enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
Quickly climbing the ladder
Cons
Visiting customers homes
Receptionist position
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMarch 28, 2016
My day started out at 10am, i would come in and get my files ready before the customers would roll in like clock work. I spent my day filing and sending out emails along with deal with the payments for the customers. I had three ten minute break which was nice and i worked ten hours each day. I loved that i could work closely with my bosses and help them as well as learn from them. The only cons in the position was no health Benefits.
Pros
Good bosses and relaxing environment
Cons
no healthcare.
Productive, Fast Paced and amazing office staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Constant contact with clients. Amazing teamwork from all coworkers. I constantly learned to things about my position. I enjoyed interacting with clients in person and on the phone. I enjoyed helping our clients get approved for loans to help them with whatever issue they were needing the loan for. The office staff was amazing and everyone got along and worked together.
Senior assistant manager
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BROWNSVILLE, TXSeptember 24, 2015
• Administrative work - Balance employees boxes, bank disbursements and deposits, daily reports and Loans - Meet goals, collect, customer service, check credit worthiness
Pros
Good compensation, Good staff
Cons
Long hours with no extra pay
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXAugust 18, 2015
Did not enjoy working for this company, l no respect for its empoyees. or their clients needs, hardest part of the job our clients were expected to make a choice between their home necessities or making their payments.
Fast paced
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 3, 2015
Multi tasking and working together as a team was very rewarding. Being able to help clients with building credit and financial needs. The hardest was working in collections.
Was a good place to work
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland ,FlMay 31, 2015
Mariner Finance bought out Sunbelt Credit in July 2014. Do not have any job security anymore. I have worked here for 6 years
this job should be for someone that has no family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville TexasApril 23, 2015
had very little job/family balance, had to work very long hours. Had to also use my personal vehicle to go to peoples houses to try and collect payments from them.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
had to work every weekend only had sundays off and late hours
Clean work enviroment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FlMarch 3, 2015
Did small loans and collected past due accounts. The hardest part of job was turning down people who needed loans. The best part was helping people in need of money.
Pros
Company paid for employee healthcare
Cons
Having to work every last day of month until 8pm
Mislead prior to hiring as to job function
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 28, 2015
I was poorly trained for my position as branch manager with this organization. I was also mislead as to what the company did and what my responsibilities as the branch manager of my own store. I had approximately 2-3 weeks of training prior to being placed in my own store and never received any future training. I was told that Sunbelt's main goal/function was to educate and assist people with financial troubles. Instead, in my opinion, it was a sub-prime predatory loan company specifically searching out people who would never be able to pay their loans back and then taking them to small claims court to obtain approval to garnish the wages of individuals already struggling to pay bills.
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  1374 Hwy 491 Gallup NM 87301February 9, 2015
This is by far my most exciting and best experience I have had. I enjoyed every minute of working there and meeting new people everyday.
sunbelt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee OklahomaJanuary 26, 2015
The company has good benefits and pay for my area. It has other oppurtunities for movement in company.