Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Strong company to work for.
Sales and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 17, 2018
High pressure, and they pay under average. Many initiatives pushed down from many divisions all to one manager, and the expectation is to satisfy all those demands. This is just not possible with the current structure.
Good place to make money. Lots of hours
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 15, 2018
Only drawback is management in the service dept. hours are crazy and your can’t work more than 60hrs a week. I haven’t worked any less than that as well. Overall a good company that cares about safety.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Big brother watching everything, GPS in trucks is annoying, Can’t let the truck idle with the AC on in 100* weather. They shut it down remotely and yell at you.
Being on Call
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2018
If your willing to be on call at night or during the weekends then Sunbelt is where you want to be. They are a great company to work for and you can move up the chain of management after some years of experience. It's hard giving up time on your days off to go to work or worrying if you are going to be called in and you can't go out with friends or family. Sunbelt is very technical and very modern with websites and their app.
Pros
Rental Discount, Company Phone, Company Truck (salesman, managers, traveling positions)
Cons
Being on call 24/7, 365.
my experience as a mechanic
Mechanical Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 15, 2018
While I consider this job a good learning experience and like what I do, the company could invest in mechanics a little better. Turnover seems to be high.
Pros
Well-rounded experience in all types of equipment. Good cohesion with co-workers.
Cons
Being short-handed.
Fixed mindset in management
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 11, 2018
Great managers... Poor leadership. Learned lots about doing what it takes to care for customers. Sunbelt has that part right. I believe a culture that focuses more on personal development and leadership would benefit the company like crazy.
Pros
There is lots of positions to lateral your way up the ladder.
Cons
Lack of leadership.
Great Company
Market Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 10, 2018
great place to work growing like crazy and lots of opportunity to excel. The Hr process is seamless but takes a little while to get used to other than that generally a good place to be at
Very poor management
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Pc13 pelham al.July 10, 2018
If your not in the loop that is stealing equipment renting equipment on the side and taking the money u will be treated poorly talked down too hr will do nothing to back a non management employees sunbelt could be a great place to work
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very very poor management good ol boy system
good place to work
Service mgr./ Ers (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 7, 2018
good company to workk for. good benifits, good people to be arpond, safety minded. room to grow. advancement, relocation help. training available, good benifits. good comradery
Pros
good benifits, freedom tp mnage
Cons
long drive and working conditions
Good job.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 7, 2018
Good place to work. Work isn't hard but steady. Good pay good benefits. Equipment is an up and down business. Hot summer months are usually very busy with extended hours. Winter as construction generally winds down do do the hours but always got atleast 40 hrs.
Accepted Mediocrity
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
I was with Sunbelt for 6 years as an outside sales rep. In my first month I can remember thinking, "how does this company make money?"

Each store is "managed" by an individual that then hires all positions within the store. Sunbelt has 500 + stores nationwide. Each store is then as good as the person assigned as manager, and boy, they hire some doozies. Nepotism and the good ole boy network abound here.

Upper management is completely controlled through the same good ole boy network where you are either "in" or "out."

There is no true path to promotion or advancement because the folks above you aren't going anywhere and they will ignore any suggestions or attempts at improving their unorganized system.

There is no direction or accountability for the sales force and many reps just sleep walk through their employment.

Senior sales reps have seen a decline in compensation over the last 4 years through territory cuts and commission percentage changes.

The company is focused on profits and buying smaller equipment companies to add to an already dysfunctional organization.

I don't recommend employment here if you are looking for a career.
Pros
401 K after 1 year.
Cons
Almost everything
Good company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 5, 2018
I liked working for Sunbelt Rentals. It's a very structured, busy company. Environment is satisfactory. Not a cut-throat environment. Everyone usually gets along very well.
sunbelt is very fast pass job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 2, 2018
Sunbelt is a good company to work for but not enough home time.very fast pase job allway something to do. I worked in the field and stayed out all the time .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Know family time
Experience
Road Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 27, 2018
Its a a good company to work for but bad local management, poor moral in the district. I enjoy my career but feel its time for a change.I do not feel as though I am being utilized to my full potential.
Sunbelt Rentals
Dispatcher / CSR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
Sunbelt Rentals is a stable company to work for. It is a fast pace, safety oriented organization. With a lot of traditional work values. Thank you for your time
SunBelt Rentals
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2018
This was one of the most poorly ran jobs I've had , there was no organization or leadership. The employees were left to do as they pleased and other employees were left to do others jobs that were not attended to.
Pros
Good equal Co-workers
Cons
Horrible Managment
Productive/Relaxed work place
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 15, 2018
Very friendly employee's who are always willing to lend a hand. The friendly culture leads to a fun/relaxed workplace. Individuals come in early and stay late to insure the work is top notch.
Good Job
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 14, 2018
Great plave to work. good pay reasonable work if your willing to work. a safety department that is real. many hidden perks such as free use of equioment not on rent
Mandatory 60 Hours a week/ 6 days a week
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 13, 2018
Mandatory 60 Hours a week/ 6 days a week, Complete Disconnect from Front Office to Shop/Maintenance.Disrespectful Management, No work/life Balance. Shop/Maintenance Personnel treated unfairly when compared to Office/Sales Employees.
productive
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 12, 2018
working for Sunbelt Rentals taught me the fundamentals of working safe and doing the task job right the first time, I've learn how to take 10 seconds and learn my work area
Not for a real driver
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Needham street houstonJune 8, 2018
Lots of problems it was like working with a bunch of high school girls. Constant crying about who should do the job. A good safety culture. Service manager was stealing fuel I reported it and nothing happened. Literally had him on video filling up his personal car but he was drunk and decided to drive to the facility and actually got demoted. Wish I could have seen his face when the slapped the cuffs on.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Big heartless company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight