Suncoast Credit Union Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
A job, anything more it really is not
Disputes (Former Employee) –  back officeJuly 26, 2018
I would say if you decide to work here... personal experience of almost 10 years would be to keep in mind it would be best for a temporary time frame. Take the knowledge that you learn and move on. This is not a place for the weak. You will be smiled at, and then talked and laughed at behind your back as they are keen on playing favorites unfortunately. Your best bet is to just simply go in, do your thing, gain any knowledge that you can, and get out as soon as you are able. There isn't much room to grow in the company unless you know someone... or are a favorite unfortunately. There are also way too many "Chiefs" instead of "Indians" in the mix which can make for confusing roles and processes. But then again, if you enjoy any of those mentioned things... this is your place to call home. Good Luck
Pros
Good starter job
Cons
direct management and pay
Excellent Company
Web/Mobile Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2018
It's great to work for one of the best credit unions in the world, as well as the largest credit union in Florida. As a remote developer, this position offers great flexibility.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Contact Center- Lending Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Suncoast has a member driven workplace environment. It offers room to grow and reimbursement for schools/classes taken. It encourages teamwork and community involvement.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay
Suncoast Life
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2018
Good organization. Work conditions were fair and travel was always planned,accommodations were always nice. The CU had a small audit department that included one VP and two Sr. Auditors and a clerk.
Nice place to work
Research Resolutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2018
I have generally enjoyed my time at Suncoast and I am grateful for the experience that I have gained throughout my time there. While it can be stressful at times, we are all encouraged to help one another so that the stress doesn't build too much.
Friendly co-workerers
Mortgage Originator- (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
Friendly staff is nice to have but most times members that hold accounts at the credit union are treated better than employees, the call centers here need a lot of reworking in order to be efficient.
Very busy most days, but always left with a feeling of accomplishment
Member Advocate III (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJune 26, 2018
Enjoyed working at Suncoast because of what they stand for. They always looked out for the members and did everything possible to help improve and enrich the lives of the members.

I had many duties, that are noted on my resume. My least favorite duty was opening acoounts. But my favorite part of my position was working with the mortgages. I really wanted to work with only mortgages, but that would have required me to move to Tampa which was the main office. My husband and I live in North Port.

I decided to make a change and go back to school and receive my Mortgage Loan Originator's license so that I had more opportunities to do what I enjoy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Did not get many breaks, sometimes none.
Great
Member Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
Great place to work for. They have great employee benefits and an awesome schedule that does not have you working weekends which is nice. I would recommend it.
Expectations low
Member Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2018
Nice place to work. Low pay and difficult clients but low stress. You have a lot of clients a day. No quotas >.........................................
Great place to work, very friendly employees
Energy Efficiency Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2018
I was hired to reduce their carbon footprint by 50% by the year 2020. I achieved this goal by 2014, by designing and building bank branch buildings with extremely efficient HVAC and lighting. Also helped to design solar powered tier-1 grid tie-in systems. Created a monitoring porthole to allow the Facilities department to analyze electrical usage data and make intelligent corrections to reduce the energy usage even further, while maintaining a comfortable interior work environment by reducing the overall humidity and utilizing daylight harvesting to reduce the lighting requirements.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
I could not improve their electrical efficiency any further
Overall a good company to work for.
Member Advocate 1 (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34113April 30, 2018
My experience at Suncoast Credit Union was a great experience. At times, the work was stressful but overall, it was fun and steady. I've worked at two different branches in the first year i have been with SCU. I've met great people and had a fun experience.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Hours
Cons
management
Very good for a contact center
JUNIOR LOAN ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
Normal call center culture, but with a very small, community feel. Health benefits and PTO are excellent. Scheduling is a bit difficult ... once you are hired you cannot change positions or schedules for at least one year, and obtaining an ideal schedule may take years as more tenured associates are given precedence. There are also some frustrating communication issues between the contact center, branches, and main office.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
scheduling, opportunities to advance quickly
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2018
it a great company to work for, there are many opportunities for advancement, it can get stressful at times just like any other job but good learning environment.
perfect environment
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
All of my mangers were friendly and very relaxed. The office was collaborative and I could ask questions to anyone at anytime. Every was very patient with me
They work hard and play hard together
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2018
We worked hard every day. But I have never worked any place where the Management tried so hard to make sure working there is a good experience for everyone; even a temporary worker.

Management takes the time to come of with fun ways to break the monotony of the work day. The departments I worked in mostly dealt with member services on the phone all day.

This company offers a lot of benefits and things like time off to volunteer at your favorite charity. They encourage participation in events around the community, often on company time at company expense. They celebrate everyone's success whether a team or individual success.
Pros
Lots of food available almost daily
Cons
The work itself was monotonous and could be boring at times.
With the right manager and team, a great place to work
Member Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 19, 2018
My first year with Suncoast was with a manager who was less than favorable, and we had very high turnover as a result. After requesting a transfer, I had three great years at Suncoast with a wonderful manager and team. There are plenty of training courses and opportunities to advance should you show you are committed, dependable and willing to learn.

The company itself has great benefits and there are always great additional employee incentives and rewards along the way.
Basic 9-5 setting
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
If you like sitting at desk from 9-5 and dealing with customers is would be a great work environment. On a typical day a work you handle large transactions at a very fast pace. The hardest part of the job would normally be on Fridays when members constantly came to the bank and you were able to get a break. the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to see new faces and having conversations with customers daily.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Good Place to use innovation skills.
Management and team members value employee ideas.
Fast Paced Work Environment.
Member Focused Credit Union.
Nice place to begin and end career for certain positions.
Promotes from within.
Nice workplace culture.
Pros
Employees, Management, Benefits
Cons
Good benefits training and coworkers
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2017
Financial services to members. Great community service. Hardest part of job was work life balance. Great training and room for advancement. ...................................................................
Productive & Fun Work Environment
MCC Lending Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
Phone calls regarding members accounts and / or members wanting to apply for a loan such as vehicle, personal credit card and etc. The work environment was very relaxed and fun. The actual manager I had was very down to earth and definitely not a micro manger. The most exciting part of the job was actual helping members obtain loans or figure out the problem before the end of the call. Hardest part is when your shift is over and their are no more members to help.
Pros
Good Shifts, Excellent Pay
Cons
Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncoast Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight