Suncorp Group

Suncorp Group Reviews with Jobs

United States6 reviews

Suncorp Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

great job to have

great company makes all employees feel welcome and they extend there hands to help all that is a part of the team . they have opportunities for you to grow.

Pros

business

Cons

healthcare

Suncorp was a decent company to work for but you never knew if they would cut staff.

Suncorp had really good benefits and treated their employees well. You just never knew if they were going to cut staff to stay within budgets. Basically most everyone got along and you were treated well at holidays and recognized for a good job. Overall a decent place to work but down sized several times and was taken over by a Corporate Credit Union in the Midwest.

Pros

Decent salary, usually an annual raise, good benefits

Cons

Could get a bit dicey at times and sometimes roomers could get out of hand.

Leave your brain and integrity at the door.

I was brought in at a salary far below market, and assured I could renegotiate after six months. 18 months later, I was still on the same salary. When I pointed out to management that my salary was well below that of other people in similar roles at Suncorp, I was told that they couldn't bring other people's salaries down, and were trying to cut costs, so if I didn't like being paid far less than other people I could just get stuffed. Partly this was because of regulatory changes that came in after I joined which made my role less necessary in the eyes of management (which they were aware of when I joined, of course). However, when I asked if they could assist me in moving into a different role, since I had performed phenomenally in this one, they just blew me off. The manager who originally hired me (and who subsequently quit as well) was so disgusted at how they had treated me he used my personal contact information to contact me and tell me to look out for myself and start looking for another job. Management at Suncorp display zero loyalty to their staff and have zero interest in investing in them or developing their careers. When I finally got a job at another bank, my pay went up by over 40% instantly. I didn't even need to negotiate - that's what they offered me right out of the gate.Suncorp has a culture of manipulating models to give the numbers that management find most politically convenient. Most of my time was spent running and rerunning the models with different inputs and parameters until management got a number that they liked. If the number was too high, we'd -

Pros

Working from home one day per week

Cons

Everything else

Productive place to work at

Suncorp is a company that does invest in people, I have been promoted after short period of time of being there. Suncorp continually invests in its employees and culture is great if you create it to be like that.

Professional work environment

Professional work environment, great development opportunities, office is in a great location, great brand recognition outside of the market, friendly work environment

Pros

great training, great work environment

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Well equiped and organies company to work with.

Very Organize and well equipped. Worked with them at MotorGp event hosted in Philip Island. The management is awesome.

Pros

Enough equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Suncorp Group with

Learn about Suncorp Group in popular locations

• Suncorp Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?