Suncrest Hospice Employee Reviews

Work there if you are single or dont have kids
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Drive everywhere and not good compensation. If you have kids youll never be able to see them because they dont care about your home life. only are about their pockets, patients who live at facilities the staff will leave them in bed and wait for you to come and take care of the residents. when you ask for help or try to find someone to help you turn or transfer a patient they are no where to be found. you have an hour with every client to do a whole list of things that impossible to get done in one hour.
A+ managers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2018
As a CNA, I am out in the field on my own every day, visiting 10 patients/4 days per week. Even though I am working independently, I run into other members of my team (chaplain, social worker, nurse) and other CNAs fairly often. Additionally, Suncrest is 100% there to support you in the field and you never feel like you are totally on your own. I think it is an accomplishment to always truly feel I am part of a team while out there visiting patients.
Pros
support from colleagues/supervisors, independence, respect, The awesome patients!
Cons
World Class Care is given to the staff as well as the people who are being served by the staff!
Hospice Nursing Team (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 22, 2018
This company has been amazing since the first day I started. I was overwhelmed with the kindness and hospitality I received from everyone I met. I am truly grateful to be a part of the Suncrest team and look forward to a great future with this wonderful company.
Pros
Great Working envirionment, Great team to work with, Suncrest truly cares about the people in the communities that they serve in
Suncrest is awesome!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 3, 2018
I don’t think I could have picked a better place to work. The staff is tremendous and i love the teamwork. Team Suncrest is the best!!! Come join our team and you’ll be happy you did!!
Good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 29, 2018
Suncrest Hospice provides amazing support. I feel the whole office is behind me if I need anything. Hospice can be emotionally draining but there is always a team of peer professionals to talk with when needed.
Pros
They provide a visit to their patients seven days a week.
Cons
Often not enough CNA's to cover all the visits.
Workplace Culture
RN, Director of Aide Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
I absolutely love our family oriented culture at Suncrest Hospice. We are a loving, supportive team. Our management team help support us in the field to provide the best care as well as create a happy work and life balance.
The best company I have ever worked for in my 33 years of being an RN!!
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
The leadership is amazingly positive and supportive!! Employee friendly! Patient friendly! Facility friendly!! The first time I feel like what I have to say as a nurse is heard, appreciated and respected!
Pros
Many! Many!
Cons
No. I truly have nothing negative to say!
Excellent Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
I currently work for Suncrest Hospice in Phoenix and have no intention of leaving. I love the people I work with and the work environment. It's not often that you look forward to going to work, but Suncrest is one of those places that makes working worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers, enjoyable environment, supportive staff.
A company that understands the work we do
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
Suncrest is an amazing company to work for. I have worked for other hospices over 2+ decades and this is a place that allows me to provide care that I can be proud of. Understanding management. Very reasonable caseloads. I have the time to see my patients and do the documentation within an 8 hour day. I actually have a good Work-Life balance!
Great place to work with great coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2018
Awesome place to work, and very helpful staff. Everyone is in it together and treats everyone fairly. Getting the chance to give someone the quality of life they deserve is very rewarding
Pros
Pto, your day depends on you
Cons
Working holidays
Relaxed, great environment
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 19, 2018
Suncrest in West Des Moines is a great place to work. They offer a flexible schedule, great benefits and pay. Everyone in the office is energetic and they love their job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great benefits, positive work environment
Run don't walk away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
If you stand up for what is right, or suggest a valid way to improve compliance at this inexperienced, rookie hospice, be prepared to be punished soundly. Group mind rules instead of authentic team work, but you better go along to get along or else. Disingenuous leaders.
Pros
Helping patients, families, etc at end of life
Cons
Dismal pay and dishonest leadership will make you miserable
Official response from Suncrest Hospice
June 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and I am terribly sorry that your experience working for Suncrest Care was anything less than absolutely fantastic. We continually strive to be the absolute best in the industry on all fronts, including the employment side.

If you have the time, we would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail, so that we may gain a deeper understanding of your situation, with hopes of rectifying any ill feelings you may have.
Please feel free to call our corporate office at 801-849-0486, where you can get in touch with our Human Resources department, in order to have a more in-depth conversation. Again, we apologize, and hope to speak to you soon.

Positive culture, LOVE the work environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2018
I have been with Suncrest for over 3 years in several roles. Each role has had it's own unique challenges. The leadership team provides it's employees with the tools required to overcome challenges and exceed expectations in meeting patient care needs. I have always been listened to, and changes are made to the infrastructure when it is needed. There are many opportunities for personal growth within Suncrest. The mission is truly to provide the best care possible to patients. I have seen over and over how the Administrator and Director of Clinical Services will do everything possible to make sure a patient is comfortable regardless of cost. This is a supportive and fun place to work, and I don't see myself working anywhere else in the foreseeable future.
Pros
Opportunities for personal growth, fun environment, excellent patient care
Cons
I love this company, no cons come to mind
great for a beginning cna needing experience
cna (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 30, 2018
don't get me wrong, the cna manager and the don was amazing. it's the upper management that serious needs some work. glad to have left for a better job. the amount of work that you have to do and the miles that i slammed into my car was not worth the pay. i was being underpaid and stressed for having to work six days a week.
Cons
working six days a week, favortism, pay
Official response from Suncrest Hospice
June 19, 2018

We are so sorry that your experience working for Suncrest Care was anything less than absolutely fantastic. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. Please feel free to call our corporate office at 801-849-0486, where you can get in touch with our Human Resources department, in order to have a more in-depth conversation, in hopes of rectifying any ill feelings you may have. We hope to speak to you soon.

Making a Difference
Patient Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 24, 2018
My time at Suncrest has proven that this is a positive environment with a steady workflow and great peers. There is an excellent support system within the infrastructure, and I have yet to hear a sour word from anyone. Pay is decent and benefits are good. The culture of the company itself is great; Suncrest goes above and beyond hospice standards. Accomplishments are praised and failures are looked to not with condemnation but as springboards for improvement. Weekly meetings conclude with a book club on Fridays! It feels less like 'work', and a 'job'. Suncrest is proving to be family.
absolutely the best place I have ever worked, hands down!
Compliance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2018
Great culture with many opportunities to advance and grow both personally and professionally. This company cares about the people that work for them.
Best place to work!
Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2018
Suncrest hospice is a wonderful place to work, I feel fulfilled on a daily bases.
Here at Suncrest Hospice you feel part of a true team, we support each other and take ownership of our roles.
From Steve Sanchez
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  SFMay 21, 2018
Suncrest is the best hospice company I have ever worked for hands down. there is a great atmosphere and respect from the supervisors. And we have every chance to create a good team with our territory. I enjoy it and have great expereinces with my pts of being able to to ministry as I always have hoped.
Collaborative and fun place to work
Volunteer Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 21, 2018
Suncrest is most definitely a family friendly place to work. Management is always open to collaborating with everyone to get our patients taken care of. Full of emotional support and encouragement. Hard to get stressed out when your colleagues turn into trusting friends who root you on.
Pros
fun work enviornment, family friendly, good amount of PTO
Cons
insurance unaffordable to cover family/dependants, salary is great but still toolow for the cost of living
Excellent Team, Culture and Concept
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 21, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about Suncrest Hospice! I have worked in hospice for over 11 years in three different states and Suncrest is hands down the best hospice I have ever worked with. The positive atmosphere starts at the top. The owners and managers truly care about the staff and the patients that we serve. They understand and value work life balance and provide far more than average vacation.

If you are looking for a fantastic company that values its patients, staff and culture, then Suncrest Hospice is the company for you.
Pros
staff appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncrest Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2