Suncrest Hospice Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 7, 2018
Suncrest is wonderful place to work with a health environment. We are very family oriented. Together we make a team and we strive to be the best we can be.
Supportive and encouraging workplace
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 21, 2018
Suncrest has a very supportive and positive work culture. Everyone on the team is willing to pitch in wherever they are needed. All of the Suncrest employees I have encountered are compassionate about providing excellent care to patients in order to improve their quality of life. I am honored to be a part of this wonderful team!
Amazing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2018
Suncrest is an amazing company to work for! Everyone on the team goes above and beyond for there patients and there employees. I would recommend this company to friends and families!
Pros
Amazing team members
Cons
Pay
Great place to work , awesome management and co-workers
Cna (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2018
I recently started working for Suncrest in Des Moines Iowa . I think it is one of the best places I have worked at . The management team and co-workers are great and very helpful I would recommend anyone who has a great heart to work for suncrest! There’s also a great work life balance
Pros
Awesome team, great work life balance, give patients your undivided attention
Great place to work! Great management and team work!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines areaNovember 19, 2018
Suncrest has been a great place to work. The management is great and it is a real team feel. This company really put their employees first. Above all that, they really care about the patients! I would highly recommend working for Suncrest!
Pros
Unstanding staff and management. Everyone wants to see you excel and grow.
amazing place to work!!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2018
It’s hard to put into words just how great of a place Suncrest is. I’ve had many, many jobs since I turned 15 and this is the only time I’ve ever been able to say that I love my job and that I truly love going to work. Part of that is to do with the fact that I love what I do and I love working as a CNA, but most of that has to do with my wonderful team members and managers in our company. I knew from the get go that this was going to be a job that I want to keep for a long time. I am a CNA at Suncrest and even for me, there’s advancement opportunities within the company to become a CNA mentor which is something I’ve never seen.
Pros
Amazing team members, great company, great pay, great benefits, mileage reimbursement, advancement opportunities
Cons
Working with hospice patients is hard work, can be very emotional, it takes a special kind of person to do it.
Educator
RN Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2018
Suncrest has a great admissions program and great opportunities for employment. Working there gave employees confidence in building their career further. Educating patients, families and the community on death and dying was my biggest goal while working there.
All about image...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2018
Do not Work work for this company, it is for profit. Nurses and CNAS are spread thin because Suncrest makes unrealistic promises to families and facilities. You are expected to see a minimum of 10 patients a day along with commuting everywhere. No holiday pay 4 dollars extra if you work. Treat you like a child as opposed to a professional, thanks for the candy for going above and beyond.
Pros
Cons
A bunch
Great team work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Suncrest the staff and management were great! It was a good to work with the whole team. Leaders listen to staff and try to implement changes as needed.
Pros
Good teamwork
great culture, great work
DCS (Former Employee) –  COSeptember 13, 2018
hard working staff, great patient care, great culture and support available. well known in the community, always striving to be the best. one of the best hospices ive worked for
Work there if you are single or dont have kids
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Drive everywhere and not good compensation. If you have kids youll never be able to see them because they dont care about your home life. only are about their pockets, patients who live at facilities the staff will leave them in bed and wait for you to come and take care of the residents. when you ask for help or try to find someone to help you turn or transfer a patient they are no where to be found. you have an hour with every client to do a whole list of things that impossible to get done in one hour.
A+ managers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2018
As a CNA, I am out in the field on my own every day, visiting 10 patients/4 days per week. Even though I am working independently, I run into other members of my team (chaplain, social worker, nurse) and other CNAs fairly often. Additionally, Suncrest is 100% there to support you in the field and you never feel like you are totally on your own. I think it is an accomplishment to always truly feel I am part of a team while out there visiting patients.
Pros
support from colleagues/supervisors, independence, respect, The awesome patients!
Cons
World Class Care is given to the staff as well as the people who are being served by the staff!
Hospice Nursing Team (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 22, 2018
This company has been amazing since the first day I started. I was overwhelmed with the kindness and hospitality I received from everyone I met. I am truly grateful to be a part of the Suncrest team and look forward to a great future with this wonderful company.
Pros
Great Working envirionment, Great team to work with, Suncrest truly cares about the people in the communities that they serve in
Suncrest is awesome!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 3, 2018
I don’t think I could have picked a better place to work. The staff is tremendous and i love the teamwork. Team Suncrest is the best!!! Come join our team and you’ll be happy you did!!
Good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 29, 2018
Suncrest Hospice provides amazing support. I feel the whole office is behind me if I need anything. Hospice can be emotionally draining but there is always a team of peer professionals to talk with when needed.
Pros
They provide a visit to their patients seven days a week.
Cons
Often not enough CNA's to cover all the visits.
Workplace Culture
RN, Director of Aide Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
I absolutely love our family oriented culture at Suncrest Hospice. We are a loving, supportive team. Our management team help support us in the field to provide the best care as well as create a happy work and life balance.
The best company I have ever worked for in my 33 years of being an RN!!
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
The leadership is amazingly positive and supportive!! Employee friendly! Patient friendly! Facility friendly!! The first time I feel like what I have to say as a nurse is heard, appreciated and respected!
Pros
Many! Many!
Cons
No. I truly have nothing negative to say!
Excellent Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
I currently work for Suncrest Hospice in Phoenix and have no intention of leaving. I love the people I work with and the work environment. It's not often that you look forward to going to work, but Suncrest is one of those places that makes working worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers, enjoyable environment, supportive staff.
A company that understands the work we do
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
Suncrest is an amazing company to work for. I have worked for other hospices over 2+ decades and this is a place that allows me to provide care that I can be proud of. Understanding management. Very reasonable caseloads. I have the time to see my patients and do the documentation within an 8 hour day. I actually have a good Work-Life balance!
Great place to work with great coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2018
Awesome place to work, and very helpful staff. Everyone is in it together and treats everyone fairly. Getting the chance to give someone the quality of life they deserve is very rewarding
Pros
Pto, your day depends on you
Cons
Working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncrest Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2