Sundance Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

good job, bad employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sundance, UTJuly 2, 2019
I really liked working at Sundance, overall. This review will be about the housekeeping department, I can't speak for any other department. Here are three (3) things I disliked and liked while I worked at Sundance:
1. The first 45 minutes of each morning, we would sit in the break room. It was nice to have time to prepare you housekeeping bag, but it was way more than enough time- the managers would just be taking their time preparing our papers for the day.
2. The management doesn't appreciate you as much as they should. They expect 8 rooms to be cleaned a day, and if you fail to do so, you'll receive negative comments about your work. But when you consistently clean 10 a day, they don't say anything!
2.5. and once you were done with the rooms they asked you to clean, they'd ask you to help other's. Which is understandable, but they slower people know they're slow, so they wouldn't work as hard as they should, knowing other's would help later.
3. People live off drama and gossip here. There is constant gossip between everyone here, and it was just kind of a negative environment. Felt as if I couldn't trust any of my coworkers: it was a housekeeping job, not a housekeeping family.

1. The free pass is really nice.. if you're into that kind of stuff. I didn't use mine, because I'm not too interested in skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking. Sometimes I'd just ride the lift after my shift. I'm not really a big spender, so I didn't bother with the other employee incentives: cheaper rentals, clothing, food at the restaurants there, etc.
2. The scenery
  more... was probably my favorite part of working up here. Seeing Mount Timpanogos nearly everyday is what keeps me young. Wildlife is seen often: deer, moose, squirrels, birds, etc.
3. Tips are gracious! Sundance is a bit upperclass, so more is expected of you(r cleaning). But it's well worth it! I'd get $5-$40 everyday in tips, and often would get food (often unopened! I can eat there, or take home).
4. A lot of my coworkers spoke little to perfect English. Knowing a bit of Spanish myself, it was fun to broaden my Spanish vocabulary with the help of them (and helping them broaden their English)!
Pros
scenery, tips, people
Cons
management, pay, people
Fun place to work
Bike, Ski, and Snowboard Rental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo Canyon, UTJune 17, 2019
Very fun people to work with. Loved the environment and management wasn’t too bad if you’re in the right department. Free season passes for being an employee was great! On top of that, got some cool benefits and discounts on retail and tickets for others.
Pros
Cafeteria, free season pass, awesome people, great environment
Cons
Hours are sometimes inconvenient to personal life, how far away it is
Fun place to work at, but not great pay.
Lift Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 13, 2019
Pay is pretty terrible, but they have good benefits, and its a fun place to work. You have to work pretty long days sometimes. My biggest complaint is there were a bunch of co-workers who were not very fun to be around. I loved all my managers, but the workers who get hired every season got pretty clichey.
Everyone really loves working here
Summer events intern (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 10, 2019
I didn't work here very long but I loved it. I had a grwat managet who was very carrying and listened. Loved my crew. Very supportive people who supported sundance. They created a great culture. The only thing was the pay wasn't the greatest and my job wasn't exactly what was described in the job description. But I would probably work there again in a supervisor position
Pros
Great people, fun experiences, discounts
Cons
The pay
Shows at Sundance Theatre
Actor/Singer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 3, 2019
I cannot speak for those who work for the resort, as I work for Sundance Summer Theatre. My typical "work" is rehearsal and performance. The management, producers, and creative team members are all there to have a enjoyable, successful experience.
Poor and inexperience management and employees
Zip Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 23, 2019
Some departments have good managers, but others have inexperienced managers that foster a culture of favoritism and nepotism. A lot of supervisors are young college kids who don't have a clue how to manage or make decisions. They are also the primary drivers for nepotism and favoritism. Sometimes hired staff is lazy and ignorant.
Fast-paced work environment with awesome coworkers
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 5, 2018
Some very early mornings. Like 5:15am early. Outdoor conditions can be extremely tough, even if you're well prepared for the day. The job has kicked my butt, but it has made me an extremely hard worker. It can be tough on your body, but it'll help get you into better shape and it'll actually make it more worth while. You can snowboard/ski for free and sometimes on the clock as well. You get to experience the amazing mountains at times when there is no one else there. The people you work with are extremely diverse and even if it's been a tough day, everyone helps raise each other up and laugh together.
Pros
Employee cafe, free skiing, fun coworkers, beautiful workplace, room for leveling up position
Cons
short breaks, not many benefits, frigid cold days
Not good
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 29, 2018
They didn't give me the hours I wanted and that frustrated me.
When i asked for more they hours they kept promising me more hours and i never got them.
Pros
free dinner every night
A fun environment, but lacking in appreciation of employee efforts.
Food and Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sundance, UTSeptember 12, 2018
Sundance is a great place to work, if you love to be in the beautiful scenery of the Utah mountains. It is a gorgeous place, the employees have fun, but often the management is unappreciative of efforts of their employees and look on them as expendable. This is understandable, or at least expectable, when there is such a high turnover rate for seasonal employees.
Fun job in a GORGEOUS setting!
Lodging Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sundance, UTAugust 8, 2018
Sundance is a fun place to work whether or not you enjoy spending time outside! It is a BEAUTIFUL place to be and I really loved working right in the heart of Provo Canyon! Absolutely gorgeous! Lots of great benefits, lots of opportunities for growth, awesome culture. The only things that bothered me were I felt like if I ever needed any time off, whether it be for a doctor's appointment or a vacation, I felt like it was a HUGE burden for the company, and to be honest, with a company like Sundance and it's number of employees it really shouldn't have been a huge deal. Also, if you do not like spending time outdoor then the benefits of working at Sundance may not be very appealing. Overall I loved this job.
Pros
Free season pass, atmosphere, discounted lodging, food and merch
Fun work environment
Safety Supervisor/Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Sundance, UTJuly 13, 2018
Very High turnover with poorly operated human recourse department. most employees are great, happy environment with beautiful views. Leadership makes large decisions that effect the whole company without evaluating the effects first.
Pros
views
Cons
winter travel
Great Resort
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sundance, UTJuly 8, 2018
Compensation is quite poor, but the environment of the mountain is amazing. The culture and the crew is great. Management is wonderful. Its such a great place to work.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Poor compensation
Excellent Work Experience
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2018
I would show up to the line up and wait my turn to be picked to teach a class. I would teach anyone between the ages of 5-45. Get day was an absolute blessing.
Its okay
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 8, 2018
It was okay fun employees worked hard we all had our ups and downs hard when its busy and alot of ppl want food i had alot of fun there it just didnt fit me
Pros
Love the
Very fun environment to work in
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sundance, UTApril 9, 2018
Working at Sundance Mountain Resort was a great experience for myself. The leadership was very friendly and I was able to form great relationships with several co-workers. Fun environment to work in.
Pros
Fun environment, tips
Cons
Lack of consistency in work, pay could be better
Best Job Ever
Seasonal Parking and Grounds (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 5, 2018
I am very sad I had to leave because I loved working there. I am constantly on their website looking for new positions to apply for. Oh, and the free season pass doesn't hurt.
LOVE Sundance!
Kids Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 2, 2018
I worked at Sundance for the summer and loved the work environment and mission. The views and ambiance are unbeatable. I didn’t get paid as much as I would’ve liked but it was nice to get discounts as well as a season lift pass. I wasn’t a huge fan of my supervisor but loved working with everyone else there. Magical place to work if you love the mountains and environment.
Pros
Discounts, nature, views, company mission
Cons
Low pay
Buen ambiente laboral
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  UtahMarch 24, 2018
Muy buen ambiente laboral, buenas personas trabajando, ambiente divertido con un gran paisaje, le falta un poco que las personas ayuden
Pros
Trabajo facil y divertido
Cons
No hay beneficios
I love teaching people the culture and the new abiltiy to try a extreme sport, in a safe working enviroment.
Alpine loop - Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sundance, UTFebruary 6, 2018
over the 7 years of working closely in the service industry.
Sundance has provided so many new and exciting experiences, I have made many exciting new relationship and clients.
Pros
season pass, world class ski instructor mentorship
Cons
the pay can vary due to weather
Job describe
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 25, 2017
I think that have a good things there and bad things too. Everything depend than you. I like how they make, solve the problems, and help each either. Just apply!