Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
STSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAMay 1, 2019
I loved the people I worked with. And it was a decent paying job for the hours they offer. I worked there for over 7 years. The job was easy however you have to be good at rebutting people. You have to be able to convince people to come in even if they don’t want to. Have to be able to handle rude people.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Good and bad
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  PaMarch 29, 2019
Sundance is a place that comes with good and bad..
You meet people and grow strong relationships with people you start to consider family. HOWEVER it’s not a SECURE job. Sometimes management will favor one with allowing them to take off or come in late but once you do it your job is threatened. They do nice bonuses and try to show you they care but once u stop being beneficial for a little they act like you never success with them before . It’s a shame how favoritism will blind them from someone who does try.
Pros
Work environment, games, positive people
Cons
No security, favoritism
fun place to work
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAFebruary 1, 2019
you are on the phone all day trying to get appointments booked. you need to think fast and keep people on phone to get them interested people were nice to work with.
Pros
managers had conests each day
Cons
job stressful & repitisious
Run away unless you want to feel like you are in a pressure cooker all day
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Management is Horrible!!! Everytime I went into the backroom to discuss how my work was going, my manager would then go off talking about all the other employees and how they are vidictive and will sabatoge anyone to get ahead. Not a company I want to be a part of! Very unprofessional of the manager!
Pros
I thought the employees were nice.
no thank you
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Go job to learn how to sell, but don't expect to go far in the company. Good stepping stone but keep your options open. My expierence, the money was nothing like the make it sounds like you will be making.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, lots of down time
decent job with good pay oppurtunities
TELEPHONE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  coal townshipDecember 26, 2018
Great hours to work part time and could be a great place to exceed with pay adjustments if you are good at that line of work. You get to interact with a lot of different people.
One of my least favorite places to work
Vacation Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 11, 2018
Glad I do not work there anymore. Minimal salary with commission. Clean work environment. Good work hours. Another job that a lot of commuting was involved.

Worked about a year there before quitting. They listed me as being fired. If they would have told me, I would have liked to have known so then I could have collected unemployment.
Pros
Lunch provided on weekends
Cons
A high pressure sales environment.
50/50 workplace
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 10, 2018
Great pay if your good in sales. Not the best company to work for if you have a young family. Wasn’t the worse place to work at but wasn’t the best either. The money compensated for some of the other issues
fun environment
TSR (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 29, 2018
answered and made calls trying to up sell a vacation. management was well. the people were rude. hardest part was getting someone to invest in getting a vacation
Pros
Cons
10 minutes break
Competitive Workplace
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 18, 2018
I was in a call center marketing to people who filled out their information for vacations. I was trying to book appointments to view time-share resorts. It was very competitive and hard to do. I was promoted to the Elite team after two months of working
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 21, 2018
Sundance Vacations is a company that cares about their employees AND their clients! Its a fun work environment and you are paid very well for your work.
Have Fun while you Build Your Own Paycheck!
Long Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
Many positions at Sundance Vacations allow you to build your own paycheck of high commissions with no caps! Plus there are always special incentives with daily, weekly, monthly and yearly contests. Recognition is a company core value and managers are very good at giving credit where credit is due. Rewards may be individual or team oriented. Many positions are part time hours but with full time compensation as compared to other local companies and part time employees are eligible for all benefits. It's a fun and friendly place to work. Every year we have a casual summer company picnic at an amusement park and a formal holiday celebration, as well as occasional happy hours and charity events. Training and improvement opportunities are generously implemented. And, we get great vacation discounts, too! No wonder why Sundance Vacations has been voted as Best Place to Work several years in a row!
Pros
Benefits, Paid Vacations, Travel Discounts, Recognition
Cons
The Government takes too many taxes!
Finally a company that CARES!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
I can honestly say that this company is great to work for. The owners go out of their way to ensure their employees are happy. What other company gives health benefits to PART TIME EMPLOYEES?? What other company can you travel to Dominican Republic with for $199 a WEEK?? What other company gives part time employees PAID TIME OFF?? I can't think of any... We are truly valued.
Pros
Awesome owners, valued
Cons
Great work culture and co-workers
Digital Media and SEO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
I’ve worked at Sundance Vacations for a year and have enjoyed it since the beginning. The management staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and has no problem if questions need to be asked. Co-workers are also friendly and more than willing to help as well. The owners make sure to have a good company culture, by making the environment comfortably and enjoyable. Another great thing about working at Sundance Vacations, is how big the company and employees are about giving back to charities and volunteering.
Pros
Work Environment, Benefits, Company Picnics
Cons
Can't think of any
I love working at Sundance Vacations
Director (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
Sundance Vacations has been in business for over 27 years. I cannot believe I was unaware of them for so long. The culture is fun and collaborative. There is room for advancement and the harder you work, the further you’ll go. The CEO is entrepreneurial and gives a great deal of leeway when you are managing a new project. I was shocked to find out the very first employee ever hired for the company is still working here. Are you kidding? A 27-year employee. There are several people that are here 5, 10, 20+ years. That is what spoke the most to me about taking the position with this company.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Wish there was more time to enjoy the travel benefits, lol
Scam
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAAugust 14, 2018
Don't do unto others what you don't want done to you.

I QUIT.... DIDN'T STAY NOT EVEN A WEEK!!! I HAVE INTEGRITY AND MORALS.

This job entails of calling people and saying hey we are giving you a trip only if you come and see us convince you to buy one of our packages to go to anywhere u like just make sure you wear the hat that says I left my brain at home.
Its by commission you have to earn the $14hr. Otherwise you get a base pay of either $10/12 an hr. The way you make money is if you get someone on the phone and convince them to attend the presentation. You book it and pray the show so you get paid. So basically you get paid by the people that show otherwise you get your bar pay.
Only good place to work if you have a good manager
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 12, 2018
I worked for Sundance for a short period and it was a really fun place , other employees were nice , the pay is pretty good , benefits are pretty good and the job it self is pretty easy but you will not have a relaxed or long lasting time there if you have one of the bad managers. Some of them are incredibly moody , pick favorites for special attention , do not care about anything besides the quota they have to meet for the office (if you have a serious problem outside of work do not bring the bad energy into work because they will not tolerate it) if you do any little thing to upset or inconvenience then you will be made an example of for the rest of the office and honestly the list just goes on. It's a shame because the company is actually pretty good and they offer tons of great things for their employees they just need to get better managers or send them through some type of refreshment training on how to do their job.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Managment is horrible
This place is a scam
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 23, 2018
I was very interested in this job because hours were great . I was hired and went to training . Training was fun , energetic and good food . They really had me pumped up over their company . I just kept thinking this is too good to be true . I thought if this company was so great no one would have to make calls to convince people to come in for a show and something's not right, so I decided to do some research and found out this company is a total scam . I don't know how these people can sleep at night knowing they work for a company scamming people out of their hard earned money . They have a good pitch and even had me convinced. If you want to have a clear conscience don't work for Sundance
Pros
Scammers
Cons
Scammers
Terrible
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 29, 2018
Wouldn't recommend. Repetitive. Moody management. Lackluster pay. No vacation time. Outbound calling. Same leads over and over again. Appt setting. No bueno.
You get what you put in
TSR (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 11, 2018
If you put in effort, you will be rewarded in many ways. The TSR role is hourly PLUS commission which is great because you can essentially make a full-time pay if you work hard enough. You also get rewarded with other types of gifts to show appreciation. Not to mention, PT employees get the option of benefits.
Pros
GREAT pay
Cons
benefits are a little high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundance Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.