Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews in Tamaqua, PA

Decent place to work
STSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAMay 1, 2019
I loved the people I worked with. And it was a decent paying job for the hours they offer. I worked there for over 7 years. The job was easy however you have to be good at rebutting people. You have to be able to convince people to come in even if they don’t want to. Have to be able to handle rude people.
Pros
Great coworkers.
June 18, 2019

Thank you so much for the feedback!

In regards to "rebutting", we are focused on continuous training to ensure our employees have the proper knowledge and feel comfortable in doing this portion of the role. We ensure that this process is being evaluated and revamped to ensure all employees are trained properly.

fun place to work
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAFebruary 1, 2019
you are on the phone all day trying to get appointments booked. you need to think fast and keep people on phone to get them interested people were nice to work with.
Pros
managers had conests each day
Cons
job stressful & repitisious
Run away unless you want to feel like you are in a pressure cooker all day
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Management is Horrible!!! Everytime I went into the backroom to discuss how my work was going, my manager would then go off talking about all the other employees and how they are vidictive and will sabatoge anyone to get ahead. Not a company I want to be a part of! Very unprofessional of the manager!
Pros
I thought the employees were nice.
Scam
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAAugust 14, 2018
Don't do unto others what you don't want done to you.

I QUIT.... DIDN'T STAY NOT EVEN A WEEK!!! I HAVE INTEGRITY AND MORALS.

This job entails of calling people and saying hey we are giving you a trip only if you come and see us convince you to buy one of our packages to go to anywhere u like just make sure you wear the hat that says I left my brain at home.
Its by commission you have to earn the $14hr. Otherwise you get a base pay of either $10/12 an hr. The way you make money is if you get someone on the phone and convince them to attend the presentation. You book it and pray the show so you get paid. So basically you get paid by the people that show otherwise you get your bar pay.
June 18, 2019

Oh no! I am so sorry that you left after one week with us.

In regards to the information provided above, we give the trip away to every person who visits the office for the presentation whether they choose to purchase from Sundance Vacations or not. It is a gift to them for listening to the services that we can offer them.

We offer an hourly rate of $12/hr for day shift and $14/hr for evening shift and then commission on top of that. We researched other call centers in the area and are the highest among all of them. You will receive the hourly rate no matter what. The commission is structured based on the number of appointments that are scheduled. It really is a "build your own paycheck" system.

This place is a scam
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 23, 2018
I was very interested in this job because hours were great . I was hired and went to training . Training was fun , energetic and good food . They really had me pumped up over their company . I just kept thinking this is too good to be true . I thought if this company was so great no one would have to make calls to convince people to come in for a show and something's not right, so I decided to do some research and found out this company is a total scam . I don't know how these people can sleep at night knowing they work for a company scamming people out of their hard earned money . They have a good pitch and even had me convinced. If you want to have a clear conscience don't work for Sundance
Pros
Scammers
Cons
Scammers
June 18, 2019

Oh no! I am so sorry that you had that experience. I can assure you that Sundance Vacations is not a scam and we are actually in our 28th year of business. On top of that, we have been under the same owners for that entire time. Most recently in 2019, we were #17 on the Best Places to Work in the USA! Talk about an exciting accomplishment!

Our Telephone Service Representatives are responsible for booking appointments for individuals to come in to our sales office. Each individual will be gifted a travel certificate regardless if they purchase from us or not. That individual will be responsible for paying the taxes on that package . (As on 6/18/19 the taxes range from $37 - $56 total). Once they come to the office, a Sales member will give them a brief multimedia presentation about our services and then meet to discuss our package options. The individual will then have the chance to purchase from us or not. If they choose to purchase from Sundance Vacations, they are then considered a client and can travel to any of our amazing properties inside or outside of the US!

Fun place to work, competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJanuary 11, 2018
I loved going to work. My boss was great as well as my coworkers. We always held competitions to see who could out sell who. Everyone was friendly and the job was easy. I never had too much trouble with clients.
Vacation Packages
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAAugust 10, 2017
Cold call potential member's and offer them a gift when they came to an hour presentation about out travel company. "paint the picture" of the vacations we had to offer.
Enthusiastic environment that instills drive and persistence
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 21, 2014
On an average day, you are able to communicate with various people in a professional environment. Management is incredible by promoting success and encouraging hard work and dedication. My co-workers are all family to me and we act as a team to reach our collective goals.
Pros
sufficient training, discount travel, benefits, promotion availability
Cons
part time hours
Fun Company with Fun People
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 23, 2013
I had a part time job with Sundance and it was so much better than my full time job. The people are friendly and everyone had a good time. The hardest part of the day was just dealing with some of the more rude and vulgar customers.
Pros
nice co workers, friendly environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
rude people