Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 21, 2018
Sundance Vacations is a company that cares about their employees AND their clients! Its a fun work environment and you are paid very well for your work.
Have Fun while you Build Your Own Paycheck!
Long Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
Many positions at Sundance Vacations allow you to build your own paycheck of high commissions with no caps! Plus there are always special incentives with daily, weekly, monthly and yearly contests. Recognition is a company core value and managers are very good at giving credit where credit is due. Rewards may be individual or team oriented. Many positions are part time hours but with full time compensation as compared to other local companies and part time employees are eligible for all benefits. It's a fun and friendly place to work. Every year we have a casual summer company picnic at an amusement park and a formal holiday celebration, as well as occasional happy hours and charity events. Training and improvement opportunities are generously implemented. And, we get great vacation discounts, too! No wonder why Sundance Vacations has been voted as Best Place to Work several years in a row!
Pros
Benefits, Paid Vacations, Travel Discounts, Recognition
Cons
The Government takes too many taxes!
Finally a company that CARES!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
I can honestly say that this company is great to work for. The owners go out of their way to ensure their employees are happy. What other company gives health benefits to PART TIME EMPLOYEES?? What other company can you travel to Dominican Republic with for $199 a WEEK?? What other company gives part time employees PAID TIME OFF?? I can't think of any... We are truly valued.
Pros
Awesome owners, valued
Cons
Great work culture and co-workers
Digital Media and SEO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
I’ve worked at Sundance Vacations for a year and have enjoyed it since the beginning. The management staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and has no problem if questions need to be asked. Co-workers are also friendly and more than willing to help as well. The owners make sure to have a good company culture, by making the environment comfortably and enjoyable. Another great thing about working at Sundance Vacations, is how big the company and employees are about giving back to charities and volunteering.
Pros
Work Environment, Benefits, Company Picnics
Cons
Can't think of any
I love working at Sundance Vacations
Director (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 20, 2018
Sundance Vacations has been in business for over 27 years. I cannot believe I was unaware of them for so long. The culture is fun and collaborative. There is room for advancement and the harder you work, the further you’ll go. The CEO is entrepreneurial and gives a great deal of leeway when you are managing a new project. I was shocked to find out the very first employee ever hired for the company is still working here. Are you kidding? A 27-year employee. There are several people that are here 5, 10, 20+ years. That is what spoke the most to me about taking the position with this company.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Wish there was more time to enjoy the travel benefits, lol
Terrible
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 29, 2018
Wouldn't recommend. Repetitive. Moody management. Lackluster pay. No vacation time. Outbound calling. Same leads over and over again. Appt setting. No bueno.
You get what you put in
TSR (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 11, 2018
If you put in effort, you will be rewarded in many ways. The TSR role is hourly PLUS commission which is great because you can essentially make a full-time pay if you work hard enough. You also get rewarded with other types of gifts to show appreciation. Not to mention, PT employees get the option of benefits.
Pros
GREAT pay
Cons
benefits are a little high
Fun place to work!
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 11, 2018
Sundance goes above and beyond to provide for their employees and ensure they are happy. Both part-time and full-time employees get benefits and competitive pay. The environment is very laid back with little micromanagement which helps you go about your day easier.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, Discount travel!
Cons
Can't think of any
Enjoyed the competition aspect. Perhaps too intense with the demands of the quotas
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg and Wilkes-BarreMarch 5, 2018
Great ride,great fun, great friends, time for a change
Ready for my next adventure would love to train other potential representatives to continue the successful business plan I developed over the years.
Pros
Great commissions
Cons
Hard to maintain
Fun, casual workplace with family atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 22, 2017
Basically show up, listen to a meeting about the previous day's sales and achievements, then sit at your desk, brushing up on sales tactics solo, waiting for a chance to get a client. No guarantee you will even see someone on any given day.
Pros
Company paid dinners
Cons
Little to no sales training
Sundance Vacations is a fantastic place to work
Director of Digital Media (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 19, 2017
Sundance Vacations sells vacation packages to destinations in the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I work in the digital media department and in this position you are responsible for corporate communications regarding destinations, news, and events within the company. Our department maintains Sundance Vacations' online presence, including creating content and videos for the corporate websites as well as managing all social media outlets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with so many talented individuals.
Pros
Traveling to destinations offered by the company
Cons
I can't think of any
Amazing company to work for with great co-workers.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 18, 2017
I've been working at Sundance Vacations since March and it was the best decision of my life. I was a little nervous at first coming to a new company, working in a new department.. however I must say the training and support provided by the upper leadership team is awesome. I'm proud to say I work at Sundance Vacations.

Sundance Vacations rocks!
Pros
Great co-workers, good work balance, great healthcare and benefits
Cons
Not a fun place to work at.
Debt Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 17, 2017
I loved taking to the customers and helping them out anyway can. it was getting a payment to setting up payment for the that was comfortable. My typical day was calling people to set up their payment or leaving a voice mail as to why I was calling. The manager that hired me was wonderful but we had another one when I left and he was a to be desired. He didn't like to work with woman. He looked down on us. I loved my job so there wasn't a hard part. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was time to go home.
Pros
I was very good at what I was doing and enjoyed it.
Cons
When you are good at what you do there is no advancement.
Great place to work - IT department is the best
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 26, 2017
Great place to work- the owners care about the employees and the business. In the IT department, the job is fast paced and challenging - we are constantly learning and working with new technologies. We are a close team that supports each other. I would recommend it!
Pros
Daily lunch break included, teamwork, family/fun atmosphere
I enjoyed my job.
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 6, 2016
Every body was very pleasant to work with. I learned many new things. But moved on because there was better money to be made else where.
Beginning Jon
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 31, 2016
This was one of my first jobs and I absolutely enjoyed it! I was on the confections and snacks team so I dealt with accounts with Nestle, Wonka, and Kraft. The callers were super friendly, the co workers were friendly and the management was excellent.
...
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 10, 2015
Sundance Vacations is actually pretty harsh with the time requirements. They need to fix the timing because life does happen.
Fun place to work
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 4, 2015
Morning meeting are always fun, recognition for jobs accomplished, all of my coworkers are wonderful people. I learned that we are the ones accountable for the job we do in the end. It is my responsibility to do my job and do it right.
The management is very well trained and in turn trains the employees well!
In this job one must rebuttal people that they do not know. This is my biggest challenge, interacting with different people on the phone everyday!
Pros
Paid days off, employees having the ability to get trips and vacations, short work day.The ability to earn as much money as you can.
Nice place to work but not fond of the job
TRS (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PaJuly 29, 2015
Sundance is a nice place to work. The people are friendly and the pay is ok. I am not particularly fond of being a TSR but there is always room for advancement.
Hard-working and Hilarious Team That Knows How to Have Fun!
involved in Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 8, 2015
I am currently an employee involved in marketing at Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre.

My co-workers are funny and playful, yet they work very hard to help promote Sundance Vacations. They are brutally intelligent and innovative, always willing to adapt and make changes necessary for growth,

Whether it be on social media, with coordinating text-to-win, Traveler of the Day, and other contests, or working with charities, we are always busy.

Busy is good; busy makes the day fly by. The management team is equally as dedicated and warm, creating a great environment for work and play.

You know everyone by name. That's important to me, to not just be a body in a great sea of employees.

I enjoy being able to see happy travelers having the time of their lives on their Sundance Vacations and promoting it to show others the magic of taking vacations.

The company is very involved in giving back and the owners John and Tina Dowd are very charitable. Employees constantly volunteer their time at animal shelters, illness benefits, and more. I've been to an event or two myself and it always feels so good to help those in need.

We earn dress-down days for doing very simple things and it makes for a more comfortable environment. Who doesn't like coming to work in a sweatshirt and jeans?

The Sundance Vacations team is open to new ideas and very responsive to your efforts. If you put in the effort and strive to produce positive results, everyone wins.

Overall, I'm very happy working for Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre and I would recommend it to others.
Pros
Hour-long lunch, flexible with appointments and personal needs, healthcare, dental, and eye benefits, and great location right by the mall
Cons
Would like more vacation time ;)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundance Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.