Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Beginning Jon
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 31, 2016
This was one of my first jobs and I absolutely enjoyed it! I was on the confections and snacks team so I dealt with accounts with Nestle, Wonka, and Kraft. The callers were super friendly, the co workers were friendly and the management was excellent.
...
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 10, 2015
Sundance Vacations is actually pretty harsh with the time requirements. They need to fix the timing because life does happen.
Fun place to work
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 4, 2015
Morning meeting are always fun, recognition for jobs accomplished, all of my coworkers are wonderful people. I learned that we are the ones accountable for the job we do in the end. It is my responsibility to do my job and do it right.
The management is very well trained and in turn trains the employees well!
In this job one must rebuttal people that they do not know. This is my biggest challenge, interacting with different people on the phone everyday!
Pros
Paid days off, employees having the ability to get trips and vacations, short work day.The ability to earn as much money as you can.
Nice place to work but not fond of the job
TRS (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PaJuly 29, 2015
Sundance is a nice place to work. The people are friendly and the pay is ok. I am not particularly fond of being a TSR but there is always room for advancement.
Hard-working and Hilarious Team That Knows How to Have Fun!
involved in Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 8, 2015
I am currently an employee involved in marketing at Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre.

My co-workers are funny and playful, yet they work very hard to help promote Sundance Vacations. They are brutally intelligent and innovative, always willing to adapt and make changes necessary for growth,

Whether it be on social media, with coordinating text-to-win, Traveler of the Day, and other contests, or working with charities, we are always busy.

Busy is good; busy makes the day fly by. The management team is equally as dedicated and warm, creating a great environment for work and play.

You know everyone by name. That's important to me, to not just be a body in a great sea of employees.

I enjoy being able to see happy travelers having the time of their lives on their Sundance Vacations and promoting it to show others the magic of taking vacations.

The company is very involved in giving back and the owners John and Tina Dowd are very charitable. Employees constantly volunteer their time at animal shelters, illness benefits, and more. I've been to an event or two myself and it always feels so good to help those in need.

We earn dress-down days for doing very simple things and it makes for a more comfortable environment. Who doesn't like coming to work in a sweatshirt and jeans?

The Sundance Vacations team is open to new ideas and very responsive to your efforts. If you put in the effort and strive to produce positive results, everyone wins.

Overall, I'm very happy working for Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre and I would recommend it to others.
Pros
Hour-long lunch, flexible with appointments and personal needs, healthcare, dental, and eye benefits, and great location right by the mall
Cons
Would like more vacation time ;)
Fun
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Sundance Vacation was very up beat and I loved it. Sundance was very welcoming. The employees were all uplifting and encourage you while your there.
Was ok
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PAAugust 5, 2014
Not for a long term. They tend to under pay employees and work them hard. Typical of what you would expect from a call center
Fantastic Place to Work
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 8, 2014
The moment I walked into this company I could tell they had an excellent culture. All of the employees I met were motivated and enthusiastic. I see elements of the Zappos' environment and culture here. Sundance Vacations even has a culture book they print yearly which highlights employees and their accomplishments along with special customer moments. They do an awesome job of rewarding and recognizing their employees as was evident by their lengthy and impressive employee awards show at the annual blowout holiday party. The owners are great people and I am obviously biased since I still work here, but I have really enjoyed my time at this company so far.
Pros
Great Culture and Amazing Team
Cons
I just wish it were located in a slightly more metropolitan area!
Decent place to work
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaOctober 9, 2013
You truly have to love telemarketing to perform this job, follow up on leads that were filled out at sporting events, concerts, and so on, try to convince potential clients to come in and learn more about the company so they would sign up to do their vacation planning with them.
Pros
discount travels