Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews for Technical Support Representative

Run away unless you want to feel like you are in a pressure cooker all day
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Management is Horrible!!! Everytime I went into the backroom to discuss how my work was going, my manager would then go off talking about all the other employees and how they are vidictive and will sabatoge anyone to get ahead. Not a company I want to be a part of! Very unprofessional of the manager!
Pros
I thought the employees were nice.
Cons
Only good place to work if you have a good manager
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 12, 2018
I worked for Sundance for a short period and it was a really fun place , other employees were nice , the pay is pretty good , benefits are pretty good and the job it self is pretty easy but you will not have a relaxed or long lasting time there if you have one of the bad managers. Some of them are incredibly moody , pick favorites for special attention , do not care about anything besides the quota they have to meet for the office (if you have a serious problem outside of work do not bring the bad energy into work because they will not tolerate it) if you do any little thing to upset or inconvenience then you will be made an example of for the rest of the office and honestly the list just goes on. It's a shame because the company is actually pretty good and they offer tons of great things for their employees they just need to get better managers or send them through some type of refreshment training on how to do their job.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Managment is horrible
June 18, 2019

Hello! Thank you for the feedback. I can assure you that we are focusing on manager and employee trainings to make for a better workplace.

This place is a scam
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 23, 2018
I was very interested in this job because hours were great . I was hired and went to training . Training was fun , energetic and good food . They really had me pumped up over their company . I just kept thinking this is too good to be true . I thought if this company was so great no one would have to make calls to convince people to come in for a show and something's not right, so I decided to do some research and found out this company is a total scam . I don't know how these people can sleep at night knowing they work for a company scamming people out of their hard earned money . They have a good pitch and even had me convinced. If you want to have a clear conscience don't work for Sundance
Pros
Scammers
Cons
Scammers
June 18, 2019

Oh no! I am so sorry that you had that experience. I can assure you that Sundance Vacations is not a scam and we are actually in our 28th year of business. On top of that, we have been under the same owners for that entire time. Most recently in 2019, we were #17 on the Best Places to Work in the USA! Talk about an exciting accomplishment!

Our Telephone Service Representatives are responsible for booking appointments for individuals to come in to our sales office. Each individual will be gifted a travel certificate regardless if they purchase from us or not. That individual will be responsible for paying the taxes on that package . (As on 6/18/19 the taxes range from $37 - $56 total). Once they come to the office, a Sales member will give them a brief multimedia presentation about our services and then meet to discuss our package options. The individual will then have the chance to purchase from us or not. If they choose to purchase from Sundance Vacations, they are then considered a client and can travel to any of our amazing properties inside or outside of the US!

You get what you put in
TSR (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 11, 2018
If you put in effort, you will be rewarded in many ways. The TSR role is hourly PLUS commission which is great because you can essentially make a full-time pay if you work hard enough. You also get rewarded with other types of gifts to show appreciation. Not to mention, PT employees get the option of benefits.
Pros
GREAT pay
Cons
benefits are a little high
Fun at times but fast paced and stressful
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PADecember 4, 2017
It's a decent place to work the pay and benefits they offer is good! Can be fun at times but it can be stressful very fast paced and you must meet quotas!
Pros
Decent hrs/incentive programs.
Cons
Quotas work 6 days every other wk.
June 18, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! As of 2018, we no longer require 6 day workweeks. We now give the employees and option to work Saturday if they want to earn some extra cash.

We also hired a Mindfulness coach for this year's health initiative to coach employees through stress, anxiety, and other feelings that they want to focus on at work or at home. I must say, it is AWESOME!

Very upbeat office setting
TSR (Former Employee) –  PaJuly 7, 2017
Very upbeat office setting. Unfortunately I think they do not give enough detailed training to new employees. Three days of Sundance school is NOT enough. You are left fumbling on a live call to answer questions. Its sounds very unprofessional, if you are liked in the office by the other TSR reps some will help you and lead you in the right direction, if not good luck. All in all your numbers reflect on managements numbers, if you do well with bookings and shows you could do no wrong.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Depending on the people you book to show up for thier appointment.
I enjoyed my job.
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 6, 2016
Every body was very pleasant to work with. I learned many new things. But moved on because there was better money to be made else where.
Busy place
TSR (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAAugust 22, 2015
Fun job with lots of nice people to work with. Had alot of fun things they did on your shifts. Lots of different promotions.
Fun
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Sundance Vacation was very up beat and I loved it. Sundance was very welcoming. The employees were all uplifting and encourage you while your there.
Fun Company with Fun People
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 23, 2013
I had a part time job with Sundance and it was so much better than my full time job. The people are friendly and everyone had a good time. The hardest part of the day was just dealing with some of the more rude and vulgar customers.
Pros
nice co workers, friendly environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
rude people