Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews for Telemarketer

never again
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 12, 2019
wouldnt recommend to anyone...... nonsense hours.... little pay.... told you would get raises.... never got raises....was talked down to instead of being talked to like a human being
Fun place
Telemarketer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAMarch 6, 2017
Great place to work, they have a morning and an evening shift to help with your schedule. The management is great and make great money plus commission!
sundance
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PADecember 15, 2016
Sitting at the desk Advertising Vacation packages
Learned how to memorize a script with out looking at it
The Management is Great
Co workers where awesome
Trying to get People in seats
Fun and Exiting Enviroment
Pros
Lunches where Fun
Cons
i dont remember
Sundance vacations
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 25, 2016
It's a great place to work . You also can make your paycheck as big as you would like too. The management is great! The only thing I didn't care for is the fact that there always worried about talk time and also the fact that they have a point system. My coworkers were amazing the most amazing part about the job is because I was able to make as much money as I wanted to and the manager that I worked for was amazing and helped out so much when it was needed
Pros
They have a lot of benefits and you can make your paycheck as big as you want
Cons
Healthcare to expensive, point system
...
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 10, 2015
Sundance Vacations is actually pretty harsh with the time requirements. They need to fix the timing because life does happen.
Fast paced, encouraging company to work for.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed helping people get the vacations they dreamed off for the price they wanted.
Decent place to work
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaOctober 9, 2013
You truly have to love telemarketing to perform this job, follow up on leads that were filled out at sporting events, concerts, and so on, try to convince potential clients to come in and learn more about the company so they would sign up to do their vacation planning with them.
Pros
discount travels
Fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAApril 21, 2013
It was a very up beat and positive work place. It was very repetitive but that's how you learned your job.
Pros
part time
Cons
repetitive
Friendly and fun environment
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 26, 2013
Everyone was to encourage others to do well. It was fun being competitive with others to see who could book the most shows, but it was also nice to be acknowledged for your achievements by your fellow coworkers.

A typical day at work consisted of sitting at your call station and making as many calls as possible to try to convince people to attend a show where they would be informed about vacation packages.

I learned that I can persuade people well and that I am better at dealing with strangers and their tempers better than I had expected. I learned I have more patience than most people.

The night shift manager I had was very rude. I was told I would be paid $10/hr until my first call off, then my pay would be reduced to $8/hr. I only called off when there was a state of emergency and they told me I was going to be penalized with the pay reduction, which I felt was unfair and unethical, so I put in my two weeks notice.
Pros
the money was good, the people were nice, the culture of the place was inspiring and i enjoyed the fast pace environment.
Cons
they placed a lot of pressure on you when people would hang up or couldn't be convinced to come in, even if you had went through all of the given rebuttals.
Normal Day
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PADecember 5, 2012
Called private landlines to try and sale vacations and luxurious cruises. Learned how to rebutle. Hardest part of job was convincing them to come to a show of our vacations and cruises. Enjoyable part of job was being able to relax and do my job comfortably.
Pros
nice work environment