Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews

Fun
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Sundance Vacation was very up beat and I loved it. Sundance was very welcoming. The employees were all uplifting and encourage you while your there.
Fast paced, encouraging company to work for.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed helping people get the vacations they dreamed off for the price they wanted.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work involves mostly paperwork but there is plenty of down time. The hardest part of the job is keeping everything organized when the office gets busy, but the management team along with my co-workers are always available to help where they can. The people make this job what it is.
Was ok
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PAAugust 5, 2014
Not for a long term. They tend to under pay employees and work them hard. Typical of what you would expect from a call center
Enthusiastic environment that instills drive and persistence
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 21, 2014
On an average day, you are able to communicate with various people in a professional environment. Management is incredible by promoting success and encouraging hard work and dedication. My co-workers are all family to me and we act as a team to reach our collective goals.
Pros
sufficient training, discount travel, benefits, promotion availability
Cons
part time hours
Fantastic Place to Work
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 8, 2014
The moment I walked into this company I could tell they had an excellent culture. All of the employees I met were motivated and enthusiastic. I see elements of the Zappos' environment and culture here. Sundance Vacations even has a culture book they print yearly which highlights employees and their accomplishments along with special customer moments. They do an awesome job of rewarding and recognizing their employees as was evident by their lengthy and impressive employee awards show at the annual blowout holiday party. The owners are great people and I am obviously biased since I still work here, but I have really enjoyed my time at this company so far.
Pros
Great Culture and Amazing Team
Cons
I just wish it were located in a slightly more metropolitan area!
Fun Company with Fun People
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 23, 2013
I had a part time job with Sundance and it was so much better than my full time job. The people are friendly and everyone had a good time. The hardest part of the day was just dealing with some of the more rude and vulgar customers.
Pros
nice co workers, friendly environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
rude people
Fun work place!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 18, 2013
Sundance Vacations Inc. is the most exciting place I've worked. Its is family oriented and lots of enthusiasm and daily pep rally for team effort with staff. I learned a lot as a sales consultant with great expectations daily. The hardest part of the job was persuading first time client visits to purchase vacation weeks from a new company at this new area and office. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and conversing with new potential clients about our company benefits we offered everyone who walked in the office.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, staff lounge and promotional lunch from expected sales.
Cons
No previous sales expectation at visit, and no personal time or breaks outside of the office.
Decent place to work
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaOctober 9, 2013
You truly have to love telemarketing to perform this job, follow up on leads that were filled out at sporting events, concerts, and so on, try to convince potential clients to come in and learn more about the company so they would sign up to do their vacation planning with them.
Pros
discount travels
Marketing company
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PASeptember 7, 2013
Telemarketing for vacation packages.
Commission based on customers booking appointments and showing up to the appointments.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Commission based pay
Fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAApril 21, 2013
It was a very up beat and positive work place. It was very repetitive but that's how you learned your job.
Pros
part time
Cons
repetitive
Friendly and fun environment
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 26, 2013
Everyone was to encourage others to do well. It was fun being competitive with others to see who could book the most shows, but it was also nice to be acknowledged for your achievements by your fellow coworkers.

A typical day at work consisted of sitting at your call station and making as many calls as possible to try to convince people to attend a show where they would be informed about vacation packages.

I learned that I can persuade people well and that I am better at dealing with strangers and their tempers better than I had expected. I learned I have more patience than most people.

The night shift manager I had was very rude. I was told I would be paid $10/hr until my first call off, then my pay would be reduced to $8/hr. I only called off when there was a state of emergency and they told me I was going to be penalized with the pay reduction, which I felt was unfair and unethical, so I put in my two weeks notice.
Pros
the money was good, the people were nice, the culture of the place was inspiring and i enjoyed the fast pace environment.
Cons
they placed a lot of pressure on you when people would hang up or couldn't be convinced to come in, even if you had went through all of the given rebuttals.
Normal Day
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PADecember 5, 2012
Called private landlines to try and sale vacations and luxurious cruises. Learned how to rebutle. Hardest part of job was convincing them to come to a show of our vacations and cruises. Enjoyable part of job was being able to relax and do my job comfortably.
Pros
nice work environment
always a good day at work
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  hazleton paJuly 13, 2012
very good place to work,friendly environment,good pay,health benefits comissions,spiffs,incentaves
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
repetative voicemail recordings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundance Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.