Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission

Working at Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

I worked at Sunday Breakfast.. Security

This is the only job I've worked at that I can truly say I loved working at... My coworkers were the best people to work with. They were some of the most caring people I've had the opportunity to work with.We were a family that is truly missed.

Pros

We reached out to the public.

Cons

Didn't have any.

Great place to volunteer

A great place to volunteer, and they care about their main goals and how to better serve those in need in the city of Philadelphia. They also offer a variety of services.

Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Volunteer

Good place to volunteer. Nice people and nice volunteer team. A place I will always go back to. Wonderful services provided to the people of Philly through here .

Pros

nice people

Cons

longer hours of food services needed

Great Place to work

I would help mens /womens about getting off drugs. And help them to get housing and shelter.I Would help feed them. and organize warehouse supplies. Responsible for counseling and training new program men in following the procedures of the overcomer program.

Life-giving work

For those like me who are called to work in a Christian org serving the poor and homeless, this place always is driven to excel in fulfilling its mission. I wake up everyday excited to go to work.

Great place for those that are dedicated to the unfortunate and ok with the atmosphere. Extremely rewarding but it is a homeless shelter and not the 4 Seasons, basic par for the course.

sunday breakfast rescue mission

great place to give back to the community and to also reconnect with the individuals who may feel as if somewhere along the line in life has lost hope

Pros

giving back

Cons

no breaks

Helping the Homeless and those in Need

Working at Sunday Breakfast was a positive experience in that I was able to assist the homeless and those coming out of homelessness by coordinating a furniture bank and clothing bank. I accepted referrals from other social service agencies and contacted individuals to set up an appointment to allow them to come to the thrift store to obtain furniture and/or clothing. this was very rewarding, as it met the needs of individuals we served.

This minnistry is not for the faint at heart

typically the day here goes well with me. I am in the place where God has placed me. There are no regrets for the years gone by. this has been a great learning experience for me as well as a pleasure to serve God and the men ,woman , boys and girls whom God has sent to us.

Pros

opperyunity to exersize your sppiritual gifts and callings

Cons

often not able to follow up with clients because we do not offer such service

It is a volunteer position

It is a volunteer position at a Homeless Shelter where they feed, clothe and house Homeless Men at one location and they have another location for women and children

a typical day

- Respond to donor and vendor emails - mail donor thank you letters - updated donor database; make sure time standards are met - Manage inventory for development department - Attend and scheduled meetings including board meetings - Respond to inquiries and concerns related to giving records - Compile board reports and minutes - Respond to personal care needs of women coming to the shelter - Assist with production of and mailing of annual reports - Ensure staff maintains compliance with training programs

Pros

great purpose in work, great learning environment

The best place to be!!!

I am In the Over comers discipleship program here and it is marvelous. They have helped me get back into college, Also they trained me into successfully completing the Serv. Safe Management Certification. This is an excellent, excellent place. I am not an employee Im in the overcomer program.

Pros

Free Every thing if your in the program!

Cons

So much work serving the public.

community service

Getting to know peoples story was the best part. It became more than just community service, it became friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits