Sundt Construction, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Structural helper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 7, 2018
This was my first time working on a project as massive as this one at 4 corners power plant in Farmington NM and I enjoyed it very well they helped my work experience a lot
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No paid vacations
Stayed busy, gained alot more experiance,
Ironworker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, new mexico (APS powerplant)February 26, 2018
Good place to work, good communication all the way around with other workers in different craft departments. Watch our with the change in conditions while your working there
good company to work for.
millwright foreman (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, NMJanuary 29, 2018
I liked the atmosphere, employees, and good pay. Gained more foreman work experience and some good training from fellow workers and supervisors. good work hours and benefits.
Good Place to Learn and Gain Experience
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2018
The challenge that I faced at Sundt allowed me to gain knowledge in my field beyond what I felt I would have learned at another employer. I had the opportunity to work with many great people, from entry-level on up to managers and executives in every aspect of the business. Overall, was a well-rounded learning experience.
Pros
Benefits, Sufficient Paid Time Off
Cons
Pay, Lack of Upward Mobility without a Degree, Handling of Bad Management by Upper Managers.
Satisfactory and challenging every day
Fueler/ Logistic Support (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMDecember 15, 2017
Every day there was always something different to do and there were opportunities to learn new things from others in your craft as well as different areas of the job. The project that we worked on allowed experience working in heavy industrial industry with other companies.
Pros
Great pay and Benefits and learning opportunities
Cons
Lack of communication between management and staff with indecisiveness and planning
Productive and competitive
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
Sundt construction is a great company that offers a number of benefits and retirement plans for career employees. They have educational programs as well that offer opportunities for advancement. They truly believe in a safe environment for employees and expect employees to choose to work safe for not just themselves but also their co-workers. Just like in any job though sometimes the people placed in charge are not always the best pick for Foreman positions. It's my only complaint about the sundt construction corporation.
Pros
Competitive employment, health Care with options. Job security
Cons
Poor leadership just above the average employee
Nice Place to work with great people
Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Sundt is a very nice company to work for. They have a lot of opportunities for individuals to grow both in the field and in the office. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
A lot of work and they self perform
Treathens job everybody
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Farmington new mexicoSeptember 15, 2017
They act like trump is running the place treat you like your a slave threaten your job every day.I wouldn't recommend working here waste of your time.
Pros
Talk good on phone then jerk you around
Cons
Get you here come in late for orintation wont pay you
It was ok
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 27, 2017
It's a great company to work for if u can get in and stay in they pay good the benefits are top notch the work can be challenging but it's a great place to learn and grow in your trade or craft
Pros
Health care, pay, learning skills
Cons
People
Highway Road Work
NCCCO Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 20, 2017
It is a typical road work crew environment. There are no guaranteed hours so if the weather is inclement you can end up with an extremely short paycheck. Keep that in mind. And you don't get paid days off until after five years of service.
Awful Management
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
Over-managed by people who have worked there so long they have no concept of competitive construction practices and operations. The manner in which they treat the employees who do the work is disgraceful. Craft employees are not paid for holidays, and can't earn time off with pay for years. They'll pay your salary, but the years backwards in construction experience and quality project work isn't worth it.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Corporate culture, managers
Its okay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 1, 2017
Upper management has their own way of running things. I asked about other job opening for pipe, no hiring. Next day job posting for pipe work on company website. Orientation and testing was good, everyone was friendly and skilled in their crafts. Safety out the window on this one, two hole watches on 15 different entries in confined space.
Cons
Short on staff, no communications with upper management
Great benefits. Must be in with people to maintain employment.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2017
Great company to work for with excellent benefits. If you know the right people and say the right things no discrepancy in your work can't be fixed or overlooked.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours not taken into account
Sundt is an amazing place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2017
I worked with Sunday for a short amount of time but in that little time it was amazing hard work but great there's always room for improvement in the company and the coworkers are great everyone's a team
It was an unpaid internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2017
The good thing about it was they were flexible because they did not have to pay. Workplace is good but they do not give any recommendation on your work.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
They do not pay
Work Environment
Leadman - Scaffolds (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZJune 7, 2017
The setting of the place was pretty intense, weather was very stressful & the work clothes topped it off. I worked in an environment that dealt with chemicals so it made it tough. Paid well, but tough.
Good company to work for
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 5, 2017
9hour days. Some case 10+ hours a day. . 5day a week some cases the weekend too. .good managements . . often work at heights. . the town has good rate
Great Compay
Field Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 3, 2017
Sundt is a very good company to work for. There are great benefits if you stay with the company more than 6 mo. Pay is right on par with other companies.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2017
Always something new to learn advancing was always there.the work enviroment was always about safety.safety was priority..all crews and their members were pro productive
Craft Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoy my job overall. It challenges me on a daily basis and encourages me to learn and lead. I am never micro-managed. My leadership team encourages me to further my education so that I may advance in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundt Construction, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.