Sundt Construction, Inc. Employee Reviews

"Employee Owned" On Paper Only
Employee Owner (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 28, 2019
It may be considered an employee-owned company but it does not have regard for its employees.

Work life balance is not ideal. Employees are overworked, forced to do overtime without pay. Employees are assigned to projects very far from their homes and not a lot of opportunities to take a vacations which often leads to dissolution of marriages and breaking of families. Employees are told to relocate but with little financial assistance to be able to do so. Employee surveys seem to show good results but people complain about how unhappy they are every day over dissatisfaction with management's decisions and treatment of employees. Employees are simply not valued enough. The only real thing that keeps people from leaving is because of the so called ESOP.

They claim to be an employee-owned company with a stock ownership plan that benefits all employees. However, the only ones that do put in the hardest work are the least to benefit from this stock plan. It seems that with any kind of compensation, the only ones in management positions benefit the most. It might as well be "management-owned" and not employee owned.

People are recruited to join the company with the promise of huge stock ownership amounts but are not employed long enough to be vested. Just when one is about to be fully vested, their employment is terminated.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Leaders and Management
great company
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2019
learned alot from this company and earned many certifications at this wonderful company that cares about their employees and holds a safety meeting everyday before work
It was fun
Crane Operator/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 19, 2018
The area work was an area that was obligated to hire people that didn't know their job. My bosses were great to work with, the fellow workers however, did not have a guy's back. I did not feel comfortable with them flagging my crane.
I woukd work there again!
Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2018
It was a very good company to work for.l would work there again if they called me.good people but not willing to move out of town.stay in town job.thank you
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, AZJune 11, 2018
Something new every day, never the same thing. I learned how to use different kinds of computer programs which helped me learn more about the company.
Great company to work for
Structural helper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 7, 2018
This was my first time working on a project as massive as this one at 4 corners power plant in Farmington NM and I enjoyed it very well they helped my work experience a lot
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No paid vacations
Stayed busy, gained alot more experiance,
Ironworker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, new mexico (APS powerplant)February 26, 2018
Good place to work, good communication all the way around with other workers in different craft departments. Watch our with the change in conditions while your working there
good company to work for.
millwright foreman (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, NMJanuary 29, 2018
I liked the atmosphere, employees, and good pay. Gained more foreman work experience and some good training from fellow workers and supervisors. good work hours and benefits.
Good Place to Learn and Gain Experience
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2018
The challenge that I faced at Sundt allowed me to gain knowledge in my field beyond what I felt I would have learned at another employer. I had the opportunity to work with many great people, from entry-level on up to managers and executives in every aspect of the business. Overall, was a well-rounded learning experience.
Pros
Benefits, Sufficient Paid Time Off
Cons
Pay, Lack of Upward Mobility without a Degree, Handling of Bad Management by Upper Managers.
Satisfactory and challenging every day
Fueler/ Logistic Support (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMDecember 15, 2017
Every day there was always something different to do and there were opportunities to learn new things from others in your craft as well as different areas of the job. The project that we worked on allowed experience working in heavy industrial industry with other companies.
Pros
Great pay and Benefits and learning opportunities
Cons
Lack of communication between management and staff with indecisiveness and planning
Productive and competitive
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
Sundt construction is a great company that offers a number of benefits and retirement plans for career employees. They have educational programs as well that offer opportunities for advancement. They truly believe in a safe environment for employees and expect employees to choose to work safe for not just themselves but also their co-workers. Just like in any job though sometimes the people placed in charge are not always the best pick for Foreman positions. It's my only complaint about the sundt construction corporation.
Pros
Competitive employment, health Care with options. Job security
Cons
Poor leadership just above the average employee
Nice Place to work with great people
Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Sundt is a very nice company to work for. They have a lot of opportunities for individuals to grow both in the field and in the office. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
A lot of work and they self perform
Treathens job everybody
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Farmington new mexicoSeptember 15, 2017
They act like trump is running the place treat you like your a slave threaten your job every day.I wouldn't recommend working here waste of your time.
Pros
Talk good on phone then jerk you around
Cons
Get you here come in late for orintation wont pay you
It was ok
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 27, 2017
It's a great company to work for if u can get in and stay in they pay good the benefits are top notch the work can be challenging but it's a great place to learn and grow in your trade or craft
Pros
Health care, pay, learning skills
Cons
People
Highway Road Work
NCCCO Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 20, 2017
It is a typical road work crew environment. There are no guaranteed hours so if the weather is inclement you can end up with an extremely short paycheck. Keep that in mind. And you don't get paid days off until after five years of service.
Awful Management
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
Over-managed by people who have worked there so long they have no concept of competitive construction practices and operations. The manner in which they treat the employees who do the work is disgraceful. Craft employees are not paid for holidays, and can't earn time off with pay for years. They'll pay your salary, but the years backwards in construction experience and quality project work isn't worth it.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Corporate culture, managers
Its okay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 1, 2017
Upper management has their own way of running things. I asked about other job opening for pipe, no hiring. Next day job posting for pipe work on company website. Orientation and testing was good, everyone was friendly and skilled in their crafts. Safety out the window on this one, two hole watches on 15 different entries in confined space.
Cons
Short on staff, no communications with upper management
Great benefits. Must be in with people to maintain employment.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2017
Great company to work for with excellent benefits. If you know the right people and say the right things no discrepancy in your work can't be fixed or overlooked.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours not taken into account
Sundt is an amazing place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2017
I worked with Sunday for a short amount of time but in that little time it was amazing hard work but great there's always room for improvement in the company and the coworkers are great everyone's a team
It was an unpaid internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2017
The good thing about it was they were flexible because they did not have to pay. Workplace is good but they do not give any recommendation on your work.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
They do not pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundt Construction, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.