SUNDT CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Great department
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 27, 2019
I enjoy working at Sundt. We are always busy. Project teams seem overworked and there could be more support staff to help them be successful. Safety is important which is great.
Pros
Picnic, bonuses twice a year
Great Mentoring System
Field/Project Engineer - Intern (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 9, 2018
As an Intern, I felt like Sundt really cared about teaching me how to do the job the correct way. Safety was a huge emphasis and I really appreciated working for a General Contractor who had a full understanding of WHY we should be safe at work. 100% Employee owned!
Pros
Amazing benefits for all interns, but even better benefits for Full-Times Sundt employees - 401K plan, Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance plus ESOP!
Completely unorganized chaos
VDC Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2018
No one has any idea of what they are doing in regards to the company's standards. Main reason being there is not one. No organizational structure in folders, no actual process in which people are supposed to follow, which creates a lot of unhappy managers expecting work to be done how they think it should be done without any actual verbal or written reasoning.
Pros
Pay, team was strong
Cons
Everything else
Productive work place, fast paced , took safety very serious
Crane and Rigging crew member (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 7, 2018
Enjoyed my time at sundt, manager supervisors and employees were easy to work with . Learned alot on variour aspects of my job, , would consider going back and working there anytime
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
None I could say
Some good, some bad
MARKETING WRITER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 3, 2018
For starters, the pay is good for office positions and the bonus program is getting better with the economy. Craft workers aren't as appreciated as they should be, often considered disposable when a project ends. My experience with my manager was odd. She didn't communicate well with her team. Sometimes, it seemed that you had to drag information out of her. Not the way to run things.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Some bad middle management
Sundt
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
Sundt was a great place to work. They were family oriented and diverse. Employment at Sundt was an amazing experience. I would recommend this employer to friends and family.
Cons
Not enough hours
I enjoyed working with Sundt. It was close to home. And relaxed time. Work was fun and everyone seemed to get along. Got to meet new people which were
Electrical Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, NMNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Sundt. I have met new friends, co-workers. We had good Monday safety mtgs.we always plan our work. Safety first. Looking out for others working above you and below you. No one gets hurt hands free. Tie off or die off. 100 percent tie off. House keeping was a priority.working with high voltage lock out though was important role in our policy to work in panels and disconnecting and reconnecting..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks working long hours
It was an learning process an training love to read prints always learn something new an learn something different on prints
QC (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 23, 2018
Sundt construction was an construction company that value it employee a lot of overtime sometimes 70 hrs a week time construction is were if you meet deadline extra benefit for company and if job performance was excellent had an chance to bid on second phase . Working with Sundt was locate in Free port Mcman copper mind in Morenic AZ . I was in office on & off mostly walking around making sure employees were doing theirs job and was tied off yes the job required harness. And safety glasses I always had an radio when needed to go to certain locations to lockout & ragout . Always making sure chemicals were in locstore in correct place .made sure that lock out & tag out precursor where correct
Pros
We where giving 2 breaks and lunch breaks
Enjoyable people to work for
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZOctober 5, 2018
very fast paced Learned something new everyday .Verry helpful supervisors Stocking material was hard part of the job . Seeing the final results of the job was enjoyable.
Pros
good pay
Cons
heat exposure
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2018
Always busy and you learn new things in every job. You usually do mostly industrial or construction carpentry work t this company. It is a good company to work with if you want to be a journeyman as a carpenter.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
to many racist people
Formsetter/ Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79901September 25, 2018
I had a excellent foreman but to many racist people in top of him like superintendent and project manager. While I was there we had like 3 or maybe 4 safety meetings which they told us to speak out if we had any conserns or problems with work such as machinery or co workers. I saw it twice you speak up how they ask you and after that they try to eat you like a hungry wolf pack, not sure because if it is one of better paying companies here in El Paso Tx. that's why they treated you like scrap. I got layoff after I completed a year with the company just because of an error I did on welding which I'm not a welder but there was no body to weld that day so that's why I jump up, and that's what I get after I try to help and told the superintendent that I'm not a welder. They give you a lot of pressure to get work done nothing I can handle but they put production first than safety.
had a good time with my crew
Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Mountain Pass, CASeptember 24, 2018
was getting good at what I love and wanted to do started to enjoy where I was at and getting payed good for my lil family and I like the people I worked with at the time
Pros
liked climing around and welded
Cons
got laid
Decent place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Hubbard, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Just started this job but they cannot get good workers in this town. The bosses don't work enough with the employees and don't seen to like input by the employee themselves
Pros
Will work with you if need time off
Cons
To many bosses
A good place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 9, 2018
The day to day at Sundt Construction is average yet relaxed, you have a lot of freedom to make your own decisions and set your own pace for the day. Most people are friendly and outgoing.
Benefits
Cons
awesome company to work for
LABORER/CARPENTER APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement. Always learning new things. Great pay and benefits. I would recommend any one to work for them. Chances to see different cities and states.
Great Culture
Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 27, 2018
Great work culture that allowed room for growth. Employees wanted others to succeed and move up within the company. Sundt believed in keeping each other and yourself safe.
Pros
great pay and growth
Cons
long work days
productive and fun environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
• Utilized excellent customer service skills while answering multiple phone lines.
• Managed front desk effectively while also coordinating projects in data entry and word processing.
Successfully assisted with marketing and advertising including mailing campaigns.
Timely scheduled appointments and correctly maintained files and records..
• Financing including accepting and processing payments and quoting policies.
• Diligent work in policy changes, claim input, interviewing clients and reviewing application, financials, and Insurance.
• Assisted companies in the prequalification process to be placed on bid list for contracts.
Pros
comfortable
Cons
Productive, good place to work.
Estimating Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2018
Good place to work. The work is very interesting and they are willing to place you in challenging duties. They are always looking of new talent to add to their team.
They say their people are their best resourse but that's not true
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2018
Too many people hired recently that brought no value to Sundt, I years past they were the best but too many good people left. Seem management is more concerned with yes men than to employees that get things done and care about the client for real.
Great Opportunity
NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE FLEET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
Sundt is an older company that is growing leaps and bounds. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere. This is a great company. I worked in the vehicle fleet area and enjoyed every minute of it.