SunEnergy1

SunEnergy1 Employee Reviews

The pay was fair enough but the management above section fire you over nothing. You can work every day of the week and they don't give you steady schedules before you have to work next.
By far the worst company I’ve ever been at. Huge buddy system, not a man of his word in sight. Worst experience of my life CUTTING GRASS, never seen a company fire employees for nothing the way these people do. Can’t wait to see these guys OFF THE CLOCK
My experience with SunEnergy1 has been phenomenal. Ever since my first day, I felt a sense of family and community! The work is fast-paced and keeps you on your toes but I'm always learning and enjoy the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.The CEO (Kenny) is very generous and supports growth and development and promotes a family first, fun culture.
no structure, rules dont apply to everyone. Owner is moody and not easy tp get along with. He's hardly there and when he is there, you can't talk to him unless youre upper management.
Pros
some Fridays off
Cons
no structure, no direction
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Would not recommend anyone to work there. Very sloppy insist of hiring 15 people at a time just to fire over half of them if they don't cut grass the way they want it cut.
Long hours .. Great training on the job. I did feel a little under paid. Bit overall the job was good the management was good . I learned job in one week.
Driving company cars around solar work sites mowing fields . Just about anything the company ask of me I can get the job done. Help maintain fuel and show up everyday
The job itself was pretty decent. The weather was cold which made the job kinda slow down. The managers could have been more professional really felt as if they did not take the time to get to know employees
If you are a first timer the pay is not good at all compared to what other companies are paying. I was paid 12.00 an hour there. I went to Mortensons just 3 months later and got 15. Safety is big at Mortensons. Sunenergy1 don't care just as long as the job gets done. No matter how hot it gets you get one break at sunenergy1 and lunch. Mortensons it is 10 min every hour. Sunenergy1 is good if .you just need a job
Pros
A job
Cons
White men advance faster.
Management and staff very easy going and a joy to work around. Everyone always helpful. Paid very well and allowed me to work my own hours as long as meals were prepared on time.
Pros
Wages, respect shown, resources
Cons
No work in incement weather
Interviews will tell you how great, challenging, advancement, etc. Actual life there is work you relentlessly, no time off, always threatening to fire you, and when the pace relents and there is a break, they let you go, no matter what level you are including management. Constantly having to change manufacturers, vendors, and design because bill wasn't paid.
Pros
Decent money up front
Cons
No advancement, high turnover, no morals in management
Not a great company to work for...Get out fast!!!!!They don't appreciate their employees talk very rule an disrespectful to there employees.. was a real eye opener
Official response from SunEnergy1
October 3, 2019
We are sorry that you had an unfortunate experience as an SunEnergy1 employee, as this is not the experience we want for our employees or culture. If you would like to please explain in detail your experience, please give HR a call. Thank you.
Great company to work for. Very professional and easy to work with. On the job training is very good and managers are experienced in their feild of work. Alot of hours if your looking for overtime
SunEnergy1 is a great company with many opportunities for advancement. Its super fast paced! But you must be willing to work hard or you'll get left behind. The owner and managers are good for show appreciation for dependable, smart hard working people.
Pros
Benefits, Good Pay, Occasional Meals, Co-Workers
Cons
Work a lot of hours
The company is ran by people who are close to the owner not the people certified for the positions so it was ridiculous how construction management thought they were in charge of security
Official response from SunEnergy1
July 18, 2019
We are sorry to hear you had such an unfortunate experience. We try to hire the best employees for every position and offer adequate training to ensure they are best prepared for the position, especially when it comes to safety!
Job is fast paced and unorganized, pay is decent but not for amount of work put forth.. they treat you as if you are replaceable and work crazy hours but there is money to be made out the with alot of hassell
Stay FAR AWAY, Stay VERY FAR AWAY they will use you until there done with you, make promises they WILL NOT keep. If offered job there, just laugh in there face. People there are very self centered and very mean.
Pros
Cons
Alot
a typical day consist of getting to work gathering tools, seeing what and where to get started for that day. Get assignments and what group to get with to start the day job.
It's the Dysfunction Junction...no matter how well you plan your job the owner and a few other golden children will wreck your plan....full of frustration for a project manager who knows how to work a project. Just stay away.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
They live and work by their own rules. So if you are somewhat ethical you do not want to work there. They are untouchable because they have great wealth.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Treated poorly
The company management has no clue about construction management, design for safety and welfare. Money was wasted day after day. The project HAD NO BUDGET!!! Contractor were beat down on their quotes and then beat down or not paid.
Pros
Free lunch once a month......maybe
Cons
Too many hours for the pay. Made less than the laborers.
  1. Employee Reviews