Sunflower Bank Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Sunflower Bank was terrible
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 9, 2018
There would be days were there would only be one teller handling both drive through and the loby. We were unable to take lunches and upper management did not provide a solution to over working us.
Mortgage Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SFB. I mainly worked remote in Wichita at a bank location with none of my mortgage staff, however I would travel to Salina to work and be around my co-workers twice a month for meetings and stay for 3-5 days
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Company merged and the new company did not keep the mortgage depay
Worst working environment after the merger
Processor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 10, 2018
Upper management is very biased and only supported people of their race and gender. You'll literally feel like you don't belong and will do whatever it takes to get rid of you
Terrible Company Stay away
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Hays KSMarch 10, 2018
Many other banks are better to work for. If you don’t drink - this is not the company for you. The better back are in Hays. CEO got arresting in a dui case.
Pros
Their all alcoholics.
Cons
Free liquer
Bad Management
Operations (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 8, 2018
The lack of communication is the number one reason to not be employed here. Not very good training. They don't care about their employees or their customers. Managers and executives are treated like gods unless you do something to make someone upset. Then you get ousted.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Everything else
Having just gone through a merger change is always hard but if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, there are good things to come.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 8, 2017
No employer is ever perfect however, this is a great place to start your banking career. You’ll definitely learn all the ins and outs on how to do your job and also be crossed trained in other areas.
Pros
Good benefits and very affordable. Lots of opportunity. Upbeat and motivated management
Cons
Processes need some attention.
Poor upper management
Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2017
Sunflower bank offers less than competitive salary with the expectation for a highly paid employee. Very poor upper management that does not value the employees. Purely results driven with no regard to the individuals. Comments from upper management have been "it's like wack a mole, I'm here to fire people".
Pros
Cons
A lot
Very traditional banking culture
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 11, 2017
This is just another bank that does not value employees or the culture. This bank isn't interested in creating long term employees or business relationships.
Pros
expense account
Cons
weak leadership in place and bad culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COAugust 28, 2017
The work place enviorment was friendly and I enjoyed working with my co-workers and customers. The only downside is that they need to improve on communication between management and employees.
Great place
Loan Operations- Booking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 21, 2017
It was a great working environment. The folks there were friendly and helpful. Paid time off was generous. Pay was adequate. Hours were very consistent.
Sunflower Bank
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 30, 2017
Overall, the experience was very good at Sunflower Bank. My only complaint is they do not have competitive pay amongst the banking world. Also specific managers are very poor, and they do not treat their employees with respect.
day at work
Banker (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 4, 2017
The benefits are great. Management is not the best. I do not feel like they communicate well with each other or their employees. Training needs serious help. The training is not job related at all and is not followed through with very well. The company as whole is ok, however I feel that your expected to do a job that you are not properly trained for and that there is no accountability for your actions if you do something wrong.
benefits
Cons
training
Sunflower
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 1, 2017
Great Company enjoyed working for them. Great employees great management the staff really cared and the employees did everything they could to help others.
I enjoyed my time at Sunflower Bank
Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 26, 2017
Sunflower gave me great opportunity to grow and advance. My boss was great to work for. The hours were normal, the benefit package was awesome.
They tried for a community bank feel and worked to keep the employees engaged in the community. I left because I was relocating to another state. .
It looks tempting....DON'T DO IT!
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  KSMay 17, 2017
I worked for Sunflower for a year and was subject to the worst working conditions I've ever experienced. I have over 12 years of experience in my field and five of them are in banking and I can say - hands down - Sunflower Bank is the most poorly run, politically-charged, small-minded, and hostile working environment I've ever encountered or even heard of from colleagues.

If you're deseparate, apply. But, if you are seasoned in your specialty this is not the place for you. You will not be happy or appreciated, and success is nill here.

The company's outlook is poor, and the staff is chock full of small town folks looking to make their mark. I honestly feel that upper management couldn't make it elsewhere and landed their positions with Sunflower.

Please, for your well-being, stay away from Sunflower Bank.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Terrible!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Junction CityApril 10, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Constantly hiring and firing with no clear vision. Management will never tell you please or thank you even when you work open to close six days a week because they fired everyone and couldn't be bothered to pick up a shift. After all why should they already work their 40 hrs a week. Unless you get in with the upper management you will have to claw your way to the top and by top I mean Customer Service Representative. They hire people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing with zero management experience because they want a "clean slate". Leaving was the best choice I could have made. If you like to be taken advantage of and do everyone else's work all while being bullied and told you aren't a good enough worker then Sunflower Bank is the place for you!
Pros
Getting to do your Managers work
Cons
Everything else.
Worst management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSApril 5, 2017
These people will throw you under the bus in order to get ahead. It is a revolving door of the other employees. They hire people for positions that they are not qualified for and expect every thing to be okay. And the minute you're sick, the management will complain about having to cover your shift.
Lack of training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 9, 2017
One of the worse places I have worked at. Very little training and if you have no banking background it is very stressful. Hard to ask questions when those higher up dont know the job. There are favorites and a lot of cadiness from supervisors who have "privileges". Have to watch your back constantly. Never so happy to leave.
Benefits
Cons
Lots
Worst Place Ever
Teller (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSDecember 16, 2016
They claim they can't keep people because it's a "transient community". In reality you can't keep people with that horrible management team. You have to watch your back and cover your own butt otherwise you can and will be stabbed in the back and thrown under the bus
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Management is a nightmare
Hostile Work environment
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 9, 2016
Management only cares about themselves plain and simple if you are not following management like a puppy and brown nosing to the fullest you are irrelevant to the company.
Pros
Absolutely none