SunGard AS

SunGard AS Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Good work life balance and flexibility. It's really annoying that you're forcing me to write a mandatory 150 minimum character review when I populated all of the other questions for my company review.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
new ceo and board of directors implementing lots of changes
Nothing good about this company
Management is abusive. They can't lead their way out of a wet paper bag. Through an organizational change I was forced to report to someone else and expand my role (which I did NOT want because of the manager and role). The training on the new role took place over the course of 2 one-hour phone calls, which was completely inadequate. All in all Sungard was the very worst place I've ever worked and the management was the absolute worst people I've ever worked for.
Poor financial situation
The company is on the verge of bankruptcy. Every year, around Thanksgiving, they have major layoffs to save money.
I would not recommend employment there.
Used to be a good place to work
From 2000-2013, Sungard was an excellent, fun, inspiring place to work. Beginning in 2014, the culture & management team drastically changed the focus of the company & SunGard stopped innovating, leading to its eventual demise.
Profesionl and upbeat
I enjoyed my time while working there. Good Co workers and friendly environment. Strong and talented Team. Company does have some budget and management structure issues.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Sungard was a great company to work for up to 3 years ago. Now management is very combative and hard to work for.
-My weekly work schedule included 2 to 3 13.5 hour shifts and it was every week. Test support was very strict and included wasted time informing upper management multiple time of an issue. Management did not assist with the issues but always tried to find blame. This wasted time fixing the issue. HR was aware of this complaint from multiple colleagues but were not able to help due to constraints upper management gave them.
-Customer support was reduced from a single point of contact due multiple different contacts thruout the planning and execution process. This was not well received by the clients but the model was not changed.

-Management took away access to valuable information which made test planning easier by knowing which engineers were involved to pretest calls.
I enjoy my job, and still look forward to getting to work early, there is always something new to learn
There is always work to be done, if you apply your self, and engage, time goes by fast when you enjoy what task you are performing. Working with management, customers including coordinating the vendors, overall it has been a rewarding experience
Corporate Strategy is lacking, and they dont care about Loyalty
Due to falling revenues its become a numbers game in terms of employees. Employee loyalty to the company is never a factor in their hiring/termination discussions.

The company size will have to be reduced, they can not make up the top line revenue that they have lost over the past 7 years.
Great work-life balance
Great work -life balance working at Sungard AS. The most exciting part is working with various clients in different industries. You get to learn a lot about how companies operate while helping them in the Business Resilience
Low-end pay scale for tech jobs
Enjoyed learning a number of different help-desk support systems. Everything else is totally unremarkable, especially the pay. Most people left for better opportunities.
Pros
Different systems used
Cons
Everything else - no incentives, low-pay, standard benefits
Sungard
Sungard is a great company to work for. The people are great.
The client & vendors are easy to communicate with & are offer very helpful.

The company is very good at letting you work freely as long as you are getting you job done.
Pros
great pay & benefits, paid Vac time & flexible time & remote options
Cons
too many management changes / work reorganizations
It's been years since I worked there, but it was a good learning experience for me. Helped me with my data skills and communications skills in the workplace.
Excellent employee benefits
Great company to work for. Enjoyed my tenure and employee benefits. The company was sold and rebranded multiple times during my tenure. Excellent stock options.
At the end of the day
Sungard can be a good place to work if there weren't so many internal changes. Management is always changing roles, people are always being let go, and executives are always trying to explain what they can't explain.
Pros
Good colleagues.
Cons
To many internal changes.
Good, but highly competitive job
At the time I worked for SunGard, the company had recently acquired SCT and it's Banner Solution for Higher Education. the most difficult aspect of the job was the travel demands - every week to a different destination. That waas also the most enjoyable aspect of the work - going all over the world to work with academic professionals.
Great people, lack of agility
Great coworkers. Mostly great managers. Large company that lacked the foresite and ability to foresee the shift in Disaster Recovery from tape based recovery to software/replication solutions. They were way late with their cloud solution as well.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor ability to adapt to industry shifts
Productive and collaborative
Sungard is a good place to work. My manager is excellent! He does not micro-manage and respects my decisions on certain work-related issues. You learn new and evolving technologies, first hand and they also encourage on self- development with paid training. Work-Life balance is excellent and I have really picked up a lot on new technologies.
Pros
Virtual environment, flexible work hours, great manager!
Cons
salary is average compared to industry standard. no incentive on promotion
Remote workplace
Sungard is a company in transition from their world class Recovery Platform, into Managed Services. The company is struggling to find an identity, and are looking for ways to make money and make the investors keep investing. The focus should be on Recovery, and how that can lead to other opportunities.
Very professional organization, very high tech
Information Technology driven organization. The contracting support team members work along side the college management to ensure their IT goals are realized and executed to greatly enhance the college students learning experience..
Outsourced
Company wanted to cut costs. They dissolved the UK and US Service desks because it was cheaper to pay India and Costa Rica. Before that, decent company to work for.
Cons
Outsourced
A Company on it's way out
Despite having some truly great people the leadership from the top down leaves much to be desired. They have continually made worse and worse strategic decisions leading to the immense debt and poor state of things. They are more concerned about corporate rigidity than growth and truly have no interest in improving the culture and low morale. In fact, I have never heard less inspirational leadership starting with the CEO.

The work has literally grown by 4-5 x and the pay has dropped by 25%-35% and they truly believe we should be thankful for the opportunity to work much harder for less pay.

If you are seeking employment, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Great products and services, many brilliant people, excellent place to learn about complex services and technology
Cons
This company is on it's way out, have no direction, they are uninterested in employee satisfaction, unwilling to take any suggestions.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunGard AS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.8
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight