SunGard AS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A Company on it's way out
Leaderhsip (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 22, 2018
Despite having some truly great people the leadership from the top down leaves much to be desired. They have continually made worse and worse strategic decisions leading to the immense debt and poor state of things. They are more concerned about corporate rigidity than growth and truly have no interest in improving the culture and low morale. In fact, I have never heard less inspirational leadership starting with the CEO.

The work has literally grown by 4-5 x and the pay has dropped by 25%-35% and they truly believe we should be thankful for the opportunity to work much harder for less pay.

If you are seeking employment, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Great products and services, many brilliant people, excellent place to learn about complex services and technology
Cons
This company is on it's way out, have no direction, they are uninterested in employee satisfaction, unwilling to take any suggestions.
Worked with some great people.
Advisory Developer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 18, 2018
Leaned a lot about FEMA. The bonus plan was great. The code that I produce made is easy for the FEMA inspector to their job. Management was good. Workplace culture was great.
Would not recommend working for Sungard AS
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 1, 2018
Seems to be in financial trouble and never meets quarterly sales goals. No funds for professional development. Always in a state of Reduction in Force. Outsourcing a lot of jobs to India and Costa Rica. Decent pay scale. Was able to work remotely which is a great perk. Good benefits.
Senior Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJFebruary 14, 2018
Good work life balance. Challenging environment as there were a lot of products and services to sell. Rarely did I have to put in a lot of extra hours. The sales rep to engineer ratio was good so I could prioritize my work and meet deadlines
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many products to sell
Average work place
Manager, Technical Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Lots of changes were going on to generate and improve services to generate more revenue. High pace work environment, once you completely understood job role good place to work.
Pros
Inside parking
Cons
Night shift hours
Bad Leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 21, 2017
Great place to learn and get experience but leadership is always changing and management is just managing to volume. there are opportunities if you fit in and do as they say and can be a fun place to work if you get on the right team.
Sinking Ship
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 11, 2017
Very poor leadership, management can't get their act together. Too many jobs being sent offshore and the remaining people are leaving in droves. Company can't hit their revenue targets so they just keep cutting and cutting and cutting. The Managers that have been there awhile are weak, poor leadership skills and can't make decisions. Work from home was great but too many people abused it.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Incompetent leadership, constant downsizing
'I' focus - unstable
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 9, 2017
Technology is behind that of competitors. Continual layoffs - no one feels safe in their position and people around you are looking out only for themselves.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Behind the curve and inefficient
Stabliability
Tier3 Unix Support Engineer - Change management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
I don't think this company is stable. They have several layoffs right after Being hired, They has restructure once I got here. I don't think enough work to keep me bust
fire fighting
Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 19, 2017
All we did at the time was fighting fires. The technology was behind and eventually that business went out of business not long after I left.
Other groups were back stabbing and cut throat. No one wanted to take responsibility for fixing issues off shift.
Pros
got a paycheck
Cons
walking on thin ice
Great Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 13, 2017
I would recommend SunGard to anyone, it is a great place to work.
management is very approachable, executives are always open to suggestions and new ideas to augment the work environment.
Pros
Great People
Sungard
Manager of User Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 3, 2017
After the new company took over it went down hill. They brought people in and did not tell us that they where veiwing our jobs ad would be laying off
Pros
na
Cons
sneaky
Stressful.
Unix & Linux Change Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Yearly Reorg. Changed direction almost yearly. Outsourced US employees. The work was challenging and kept us busy. Changes were requested and scheduled with inadequate lead time.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always concerned with job security.
Sungard AS
Business Process Owner Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 23, 2017
Global company, many positions off shore. Offers virtual / remote positions/ Great benefits, and people.

Innovative DR and production environment solutions
Competent Company
DCO Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 3, 2017
Sungard AS is an excellent work place and opportunity for hard working ambitious individuals looking to be challenged. It is fast paced and will never be boring.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Financial Troubles
Toxic Work Environment
Mainframe Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2017
After the first few years there for me, Sungard Availability Services was taken over by a leveraged buyout company. The entire work environment began to change. It started with the work schedules, which became much less flexible. People seemed to no longer be willing to 'think outside the box', which in my opinion was a hallmark of the company. Employees were constantly in fear for their jobs. And there were a series of staff cuts which turned the company into a bare-bones operation.
Always concerned about being laid off
Unix & Linux Change Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
Stressful. Constant cutbacks. Constantly reinventing itself. Slow to implement new tools. No lab to test complex configurations. Always had to cover your backside or you would get thrown under the bus.
Pros
Comp days for working long hours on critical jobs for customer
Cons
Rush jobs for customers with no time to prep. Recipe for disaster.
The work was enjoyable.
SR. Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2017
Working culture was agreeable. Too many changes of co. ownership which I believed led to cause too many very good employees to lose their job. No reasons ever given as to why the people were let go. Chosen at random as far as I could see which is not good.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
RIF'ed with no explanation
onsite hardware support
SR.Techincal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 14, 2017
Day to Day check on machines to be 100% operational for our customers to Test or when, and if they claim disaster.Preventable maintenance ,uninstalls and install new technology thats required.
Pros
Had good relation with all personal at the local office..
Cons
I beleive upper mangement needs to focus on there employee they have and talent levels
The future of this company is unknown
Business Analyst - Financials, Purchasing, HR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 11, 2017
No management support - no feedback, no support, no advancement opportunities, no training available.
Unsure of the companies future - several layoffs have happened in the last 6 months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunGard AS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight