Sunglass Hut Employee Reviews

Found 947 reviews matching the search See all 1,203 reviews
Work oriented
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 21, 2019
Usually worked by myself. The sales floor could get busy and got stressful when I had 6 people in the store at once, and being by myself I was unable to cater to everyone at once.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
New manager did not approve of me leaving when I left the state because of school.
na
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2019
cleaning helping customers restocking products management is never around you do manager work and only get paid for a regular associate people fight over a sale
Pros
meet new people
Cons
very short breaks p
Relaxed workplace with good culture
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 17, 2019
Learned effective sales techniques. Hardest part of the job was applying the learned sales techniques to fit the company's requirements. Most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed atmosphere when it was slow.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Motivating culture and party atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 17, 2019
Sunglass Hut grows and develops their employees and prefers to promote internally. Mandatory work days include most weekends and holidays, but PTO is accumulated quickly and vacations are definitely possible. Accountability as a store manager is fair, but not overwhelming and there is a lot of flexibility. Product is AMAZING! Largest selection of brands out of all Sunglass retailers across America, I would not work any other retail environment.
Great Place to Work!
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 16, 2019
Typical day involves helping the customers find the right pair of sunglasses and ring them up. The quotas can be hard to reach if your store is slow, but it is not a high stress job as long as you have a good manager.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Decent Pay, Stress-Free
Cons
Retail
sales experience
Sales Lead/Key Holder/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 14, 2019
Luxicatta and Sunglass Hut gave me a great foundation for sales expenses. The principles have been a key reference point to my career with sales. I was a good learning experience but I could do without the drama that was allowed.
Pros
sales, experience
Cons
hours, scheduled, communication
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2019
A typical day at work is based off the employee and his/her level of priority. Just know customers come first, everything else comes after. Drop all your doing for the customers.
review
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 13, 2019
While I worked for Sunglass Hut I worked in such a caring environment to where we all supported each other and worked as a team, we constantly motivated each other and always made work fun with harmless competition regarding sales. It brought great perks as well towards discounts on the glasses. It is a company that helps mold you and create a work experience that I have never experienced in my past.
Pros
fun environment. Great discount
Cons
having to work alone most of the time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEMay 13, 2019
I absolutely loved my manager when i worked there. She was very understanding since i was pregnant and gave me the time off i needed for appointments. She also spent money out of her own pocket to provide snacks in the backroom.
Dedicated management and beneficial company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 11, 2019
Managers, HR, etc really do care about their employees and make sure voices are heard. I've been here for almost a year an I enjoy it. However if you work at a slower location it is 'long' hours on your feet just standing in one place. However during the summer when business picks up or if you work in a generally busy location, I don't mind the work! they teach you all you need to know about selling and the glasses, and the managers/employees are more than happy to work with you!
If you work hard and have a busy store, making weekly/personal goals and earning communion shouldn't be a problem.
Pros
Salary based + comission, flexible hours, onsite training/paid training
Cons
long hours on feet
Good Job Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 10, 2019
Great Job, learn how to fix glasses and care for them properly. Flexible hours, and good commission. paid breaks, and good training from regional trainer.
Pros
Free Pair of Sunglasses once a year, paid breaks
Fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 10, 2019
Depends on what location you are located but, my location was fun and filled. It was a popular location so always busy and you made commission and hourly so if you put in the work and made the sales you were rewarded with money.
Pros
Commission and hourly
Cons
management, standing all day, 15 minute breaks
Relax Retail Job with Minimal Complaints
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 8, 2019
I had worked at Sunglass Hut for four years. The environment was always friendly and was never hostile for customers. Management was always excited to teach other about product knowledge and the coworkers surrounding you were always friendly. Overall, a great starting job.
Company believes it's own made up hype.
Sales associate / sales supervisor (Current Employee) –  East LA, California.May 5, 2019
The company is very cheap. They make it hard for managers to effectively implement their own standards.

- Not enough hours for floor coverage and they expect to simultaneously do many training modules.
- Not enough pay for expectations.
- Single coverage leaves employees alone on the floor.
- Company expects working breaks, against California law.
- Management duties are delegated to associates.
- key holder means 10 to 15 hours, no extra pay or incentive, but hold the same responsibilities of management.
- associate hours are literally 6 a week.

Companies with less volume and more overhead pay more and have more payroll available.

Luxury retailer without the luxury retailer pay.

Company vision is complete customer service, but low wages, lack of hours, and perceived lack of competition hold it back.
Pros
1 pair of sunglasses after 1 year. *all restrictions apply.
Cons
No real breaks, minimum pay, very limited hours.
just stood around a lot
Sales (Former Employee) –  Redding, CA 96002April 29, 2019
very boring job with nothing to do but hope you get a customer. manager only on site in am and not everyday. very unorganized. manager rather text then have a meeting
Great company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 25, 2019
Pretty easy retail. Can get boring if it's slow because you work alone unless it's a weekend.
Goals are obtainable and you get bonuses & commission.
Great discount on sunglasses. Loyal upper management & a great training program to learn how to manage a store.
Pros
Great discount, easy to sell
Cons
Working single coverage most week days, no breaks, standing most of the day
Sunglass Hut in Bass Pro Shops, Not a very hard job but wasn't very fulfilling
Retail Sales Associate in Bass Pro Shops (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IllinoisApril 24, 2019
Overall I had a positive experience, I liked my managers and coworkers, although they would contact me frequently when not at work. You get a pretty good discount at both Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas and all Sunglass Hut locations. However, I was never given a raise in my 9 months working there. They also promised weekly commission incentives that were rarely paid out due to high-impossible standards for receiving them. Job also requires you to have an open schedule in order to get promoted, and the promotion was not even full-time. Overall, it was a good temporary job that I got good experience from but not something I would want to do long-term.
Pros
good discounts, not a very stressful job, lots of down time
Cons
poor incentive pay out, no raises, tough to get promoted
Fun environment
Specialized Store manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2019
At Sunglasshut we are such a family a great company to work at, Sunglasshut has tough me a lot of skills, ready to take new challenges it’s super excited to help our customers with their vision
work alone
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 23, 2019
For the most part you worked along in a kiosk in the mall. There were a few stores available to work at. You would be in charge of opening and closing the store and assisting customers with sunglasses.
Cons
work alone whole shift
Relaxed and Professional Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2019
Customer interaction is very important at Sunglass Hut. It is a great place to practice people skills and learn how to interact well with others. As an associate, we strive to make the customers feel welcomed and assist them in finding the perfect pair of sunglasses.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Sometimes working by yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunglass Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sunglass Hut.

Powered by Comparably