Sunjoy Group Inc Employee Reviews

It was a job
Print Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 17, 2018
Had the second shift. You would come in, get the info you needed for the jobs that day and then you made sure to them, Job was easy and great but very bad management at the top.
Do NOT work here!
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMay 28, 2018
This company treats their employees and their customers terribly. If it doesn't benefit them financially then they could care less.

The overall atmosphere will drain the life out of you. The "Sales" team has to handle everything while being promised resources that are greatly needed but are then NEVER given. Time and time again we are promised support and nothing happens. But we are continued to be blamed for the lack of sales.

As for our customers, we couldn't be responsible for anything that goes wrong with their orders. Account Managers hold no power over properly maintaining relationships. Overseas consistently misses in hand dates, factories are unreliable, the personal in China are never held accountable, and they get all the federal holidays that China recognizes. But State side, we get 6 out of the 10 federal holidays. When Customers are unhappy with their units, all we say is i dunno or sorry, and maybe try to get them to reorder at a small discount.
Official response from Sunjoy Group Inc
September 27, 2018

Over the 10 years, Sunjoy has developed a client base of over 10,000 customers, with 6000 more customers actively placing orders repeatedly to us. This explains why we could grow from 0 to 10 million revenue. We take good care of our clients within the range of terms and conditions agreed upfront by both parties for every single order.

Service quality wise, our on-time delivery rate is 96% versus the industry average of 91%. Due to the nature of customization, some orders could be very complicated and some times factories and carriers ( UPS/ FEDEX) make human errors. We issue refunds to customer in these cases and offer reasonable discounts when they are willing to keep the order. On top of it, our product quality has been rated 5-star all the time.

Profit wise, as a business organization, we have to understand that we are NOT a non-profit association. We rely on our profits to pay our employees and keep investing into our business for our long term goal.

For the holidays Chinese and U.S. employees taken, we strictly follow the labor laws at both countries and offer basic holidays to both offices. There are more basic official holidays in China vs the U.S. For instance, at the U.S. we get 1 day off at the 4th, but the national holiday in China is 7 days. China also has 7 days holiday for Chinese new year, while we only 1 day off for new year at U.S. side. That is government level issue which is far out of our control.

Our account managers do NOT work on everything. Their job scope covers making quotations, follow up quotes and issue resolution only. They will need to  more... finalize the resolution plan with clients and then simply hand the case to operation team for all the rest work.

It takes negotiation skills to stay firm with company policies and at same time keep the negotiation calm and smooth. If not, negotiations could be frustrating.

Like all the other companies, there is a quota for each individual sales in Sunjoy. The quota is professionally calculated by our data team as per the average growth of the business and the history data of each month. Most employees find it easy and we have some of them finish double the amount all the time. For the ones that had a hard time with it, we have one on one review meetings to offer help for at least three times before we have to sadly let anyone leave.

Avoid this company
Order Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILFebruary 16, 2017
First off, let me just say that the CEO of this company just does not care about their employees. There are no "sick" days in this company, if you want to take a day off then it is automatically taken from your accrued PTO days which is not much as well.

Typical work day: Walking in with an inbox full of emails, phone calls are ringing, customers are complaining about all sorts of issues. On really busy days, it is hard to even catch a break to the bathroom for some of us.

I learned that this company is poorly structured. There are constant changes to the workflow which the employees have to constantly adapt to. All the CEO cares about is " sales growth" which is hard to accomplish with all the disorganization.

The management team does not even have an opinion in the company at times because the CEO will just overrule all decisions and do what he thinks is best. Lots of internal issues are presented but never resolved properly.

The workplace culture is often stressed and feels overwhelmed because the volume of work is just so high at times and the company is understaffed. If one person takes a day off then other people will have to double their workload. HORRIBLE.

Hardest part of the job would have to be the volume of workload and the constant changes to the workflow.

Most enjoyable part of the job would be the people working there. Everyone there deserves to be in a better environment because they are all hard workers and need to be in a place where they will be treated with RESPECT.
Pros
Company was close to one of my favorite supermarkets
Cons
Poor benefits, hard to take a day off, constant company structure changes
Official Review
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Typical Day at work: 830 am - 530 pm, lots of emails, phone calls and activities.

What I have learned: No matter how well you do, the fear of termination is always present. Senior management will never be happy unless revenue is recording breaking.

Management: Senior management will not allow supervisors or managers to make their own decisions. Management will often ignore requests for help. Management will often make poor choices, and then blame the staff for failing.

Workplace culture: Terrible, talking is not encouraged throughout office. Taking breaks in the break room is discouraged.

Hardest part of the job: Staying employed

Most Enjoyable: Not working weekends.

Stay away from this company, from 2015 - 2017. I have seen around 10 employees lose their jobs. Management does not have a clue how to keep employees happy, offers only the legally required benefits.
Pros
Easy to find parking
Cons
Lack of Benefits, Senior Management, Job Security, Poor Environment