Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

at sunnyview people work as team and the manager is great guy who knows how to bring out the best in his employees .
Radiologic Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12308May 15, 2019
if there's a typical day for employees its very good for supervisor or manager to notice it and appreciate their hard work .

i have learned lots about being a great leader can make work smooth
work management get easy when you have team work who understand that you are there for care of your path you have choose to be . culture is universal of respect to everyone be professional .

the hardest part of the job is seen people dying
the most enjoyable part of the job is to productive to your team and to make the best day for your patients.
Pros
free Lunch and gift for Christmas
Cons
discount for breakfast and Lunch for employees.
Sunnyview Unpaid Internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 27, 2019
It was a great place to leave about medical social work. I gained a lot of knowledge about working with patients, other staff members, and family members.
Great place to work!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 17, 2019
Great place of employment! Many opportunities made available for personal growth. The facility is a very rewarding place to work. Team work at it's best! Many dedicated Nurses, Therapist, Physicians, Managers, and Administrative staff.
Awful place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Terrible place for skilled RNs. Independent decisions from RNs are not only discouraged, they are nearly nonexistent and unlicensed personnel will often tell the licensed staff what to do based on "policies.". The facility encourages staff to commit fraudulent documentation often and if you attempt to complain about the illegality of many of their policies, you will be "corrected" in a threatening manner by a group of management with no way to defend yourself. You put your license at risk working at this facility. They will even violate their own policies whenever they see fit including requiring staff to care for support animals in direct violation of written policy. Management is unsupportive of skilled staff and there is a majorly negative workplace culture bordering on hostile. They do not even care if you receive your pay in a timely manner and use threats if you complain in any way. Many nurses are so unskilled they are dangerous to patients. Avoid this place entirely.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital
February 20, 2019

Dear anonymous RN: Your review is almost too ludicrous to warrant a response. Although we are fortunate to have many, many outstanding employees, it sounds like you might be one of the very few we’ve had to ask to leave (based on what you wrote, perhaps you had trouble following policies?). Everyone who works here knows we adhere to the highest ethical standards at all levels of this organization. We also pride ourselves on engaging our employees and providing a top-notch working environment, and we give them regular opportunities to complete nationally-administered surveys about working here...without having to identify themselves. Our scores and ratings from those surveys are excellent, though we’re constantly striving to do even better. All of our employees know we are committed to, support and encourage, their professional growth. And not one of them has ever missed a paycheck unless—which very rarely ever happens—they dropped the ball in filling out or submitting something (but we have back-ups in place to catch that and correct it, to help ensure everyone always gets paid on schedule). Suffice it to say that our colleagues who still (happily) work here, and the many patients who come here, are far better off now that you’ve moved along. We wish you more success and fulfillment in whatever position you find next.

great work environment and teamwork
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 28, 2018
I assisted therapists in coordinating & delivering therapeutic care to patients during therapy sessions. I also served as a backup supervisor, provided administrative and patient scheduling support for the in-patient cardiopulmonary, orthopedic and neurologic therapy departments
Poor staffing is making really good place to work tough day by day
RN - Neuro-Rehab Unit (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 22, 2018
Shift are challenging, love working with rehab patients as you see them progressing day by day but poor staffing make you pooped and you feel not to go to work.
Pros
Mostly helpful co-workers
Cons
Poor staffing
tough to work there at times, compensation not great
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 23, 2018
Managment has some communication issues. Has a hard time viewing therapists as people and not replaceable. Difficulty with staffing d/t demands of balancing monetary demands of a rehab and staffing- especially for FT employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 15, 2018
I really liked the work environment. From the moment I stepped into the office the first time, for my interview, I noticed the atmosphere felt very "close" like a family. Which is really hard to come by in a work environment. I was an office assistant. Everyone around the hospital was always friendly and very inviting. My coworkers were very friendly.
Pros
The work itself wasn't hard. I was lucky to have a really great teacher to train me.
Cons
The job comes with a lot of work that needs to be accomplished in a small amount of time.
Terrific please of employment for nurses.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 12, 2018
First of all, let me say that my mother was a client at Sunnyview more than 10 years ago after a devastating stroke and they worked wonders for her! There is a very open door policy there with managers, NP's, and MD's. Everyone is approachable and willing to take the time to listen to your observations and input as a nurse.
Pros
Fast paced environment.
Work Enviornment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
Co workers are nothing but drama. Will talk about you the second you turn your back. Hard work is not appreciated. Favorite employees can just sit around while others work hard.
Good clinical environment but
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 20, 2017
Sunnyview provides great care to its patients, the physiatry physicians are fantastic to work with as is the nursing staff. However, Sunnyview lacks leadership for its NPs and PAs. The current facility administrator responsible for oversight of these providers does not have a good understanding of the job, is not open to change or criticism, and treats staff discourteously and unprofessionally.
Pros
Supervising docs are great, good nursing supervisors and nursing staff
Cons
Administration
nice
Intern (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 5, 2017
it smells
golly it smells
needs renovations because it always smells like vomit
i dont know why and how people get used to it. just nasty but the people keep to themselves
Pros
quiet
Cons
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 8, 2017
you will see and learn a lot here.
Excellent co workers- professional and kind
Pay differentials depending on shift
Every other weekend off
Good overall benefits
Been here forever
Information Associate-Secretary (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12308July 9, 2017
I love this hospital, Being able to work in different departments has definitely taught me so much. Our CEO is wonderful! If you didn't know him, you'd think he's just a regular person stopping by.
having common sense puts you above the rest
Environmental Worker (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 27, 2017
Working at hospital is very routine. everyday during the has set responsibilities. time management is something i mastered while working alone through the night. management has changes over 4 times in 3 years and the boss's haven't yet shadowed my shift to understand exactly what i do on nightly bases. i wouldnt say there is any culture due to the fact not many stay to make it a career let alone the company has changed hands which all in all changes everything. nothing is hard about the job for me, first starting off i was nervous being alone but as things happened i adapted. seeing the results is what i enjoy most about the job.
Pros
location, personal time off, 403k
Cons
3rd shift, pay, management
Great Times and Functional Knowledge
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12308December 1, 2016
I was originally going to school for physical therapy and this place was perfect for training for the real thing. The therapists were really nice and the job itself fairly simple. Essentially I would keep the gym clean, organized, and did what the therapists told me to do. What they wanted ranged from helping them lift a patient, to wheeling a wheel chair, to simply playing games with the patient. Overall I had a great experience working there.
Supportive work atmosphere.
Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 8, 2016
I loved working in the Rehab hospital setting and learned all of my best nursing skills there. I worked the evening shift and enjoyed both the staff and the patient and family contact of that time period as a staff nurse. As a relief supervisor I often worked overnight, and enjoyed that experience immensely as well.
Great for advancing your acute care skills
LPN (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Great place to advance your acute care skills!!! Staff work together and it is team oriented. Supervisors are willing to help and mentor..
Pros
Everyone is willing and eager to teach
Cons
haven't found any
Excellent place to work
Per Diem Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 8, 2015
This hospital is a great place for young and inexperienced clinicians to learn a variety of skills with complex medical cases.
Volunteering
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 24, 2014
I volunteered here for four straight years, helping the public. It really built my communication skills with the public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital Reviews by Location