Sunoco Employee Reviews

Continuous
Stock person and grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2018
Day after day was a rutine, however the versaltility of the people made the work day simple. The more probable occurances happen at the same time every day but it never deterred me from my agenda and work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Puncuality
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 17, 2018
It was good to work there. The environment is good and easy nice to communicate with employer or the manager very friendly situation. Overall satisfaction.
fun
cashier (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 17, 2018
I had a blast working at sunoco. management was solid. never had employee arguements. it was a calm cool and collective place to be. would recommend this place to anyone to work at.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Senior Coordinator, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PADecember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my 11+ years with the company, it was a pleasure working with this team of professionals and fine folks. Management was flexible and understanding re: work/life balance, remote work is always a plus.
Pros
benefits, pay
Poor management
Manager, Bethel Park pa (Current Employee) –  Bethel Park, PADecember 6, 2018
Understaffed and overworked employees to keep station open that cares more about customer approval and not on employee development. Poor upper management
Pros
Cons
overworked.
company made me grow
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 6, 2018
being in the company has made me grow tremendously. Showed me many new opportunities. Even though the company gave me many great opportunities to grow switching companies from susser , to Sunoco to now 7-11 has changed a lot .
review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJDecember 2, 2018
Productive, learning experience. Branched out with new skills. Meet a lot people. Can be very stressful at times. Learned how to deal with fuel as well as store responsibilities.
It was ok.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenhorst, PANovember 29, 2018
Basic gas station job. I didnt work at a corporate store, so my experience wasnt that great. The owner was over controlling and over bearing over everyone in the store, including his son.
slow and redundant
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryans Road, MDNovember 23, 2018
This job is not meant to make a living off unless it is just yourself you have to support. The pros are you get really good discounts on your auto needs
Love my job here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJNovember 21, 2018
Loved my job and everyone I encountered and worked with. Some things where wrong and when you tried to fix them they swept it under the rug. They now have new management
its ok i think of it as just ajob
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJNovember 21, 2018
I was pumping gas there it is quick paced but you only get paid minimum wage and you standing out there for all weathers which I believe you should get paid more money to do...
Pros
get breaks
Cons
not long
there is a better place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2018
I wish I can find a better job.it is not quit the job i wanted to have.I worked as gas station attendent because I need a job.I am actually interested in web development.
Pros
Cons
many
Fun Work Place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for there. I just had a hard time with my schedule. I help with my Grandmother ,so, the evening schedule was hard for me. The evening schedule would be hard for me to work now. I still help with my Grandmother ,as well as try to maintain my household. The morning schedule would be ideal for me.
Convenient
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJNovember 14, 2018
The job was convenient at the time for me. It didn't pay any more than minimum wage, but it was definitely convenient for me at that time. But I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has been locked up because it is definitely an opportunity for an exoffender.
Pros
Not paying any more than minimum wage
Cons
Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits available
Unfortunate Departure
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
I loved working at Sunoco. I loved my team, vendors, and customers. There are opportunities to advance pretty much as far as you want to go. I believed I was on the right track to continue in my advancement. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I was prematurely released from my duties.
average job.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 8, 2018
Outside all day, and always moving. Have to deal with customers and chemicals all day. Always on your feet, and the only pluus to the jobs is the amount of tips you could get.
Pros
tips
Cons
outside all day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 7, 2018
Sunoco is a Company that is a good place to work. I have worked there for various years and I recommend it to everyone, for the good compensation an career opportunities
Typical gas station work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RINovember 7, 2018
1) Stocking items as they come in
2) make employee schedules
3) give employees tasks to finish
4) deal with customers and vendors
5) make sure customers are being helped accordingly
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 4, 2018
just was fun exciting and dangerous at times had to be aware of surroundings and customers at all times to advoid anything from happening such as robberyies and such
i cant explain
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2018
Honestly its so much that happens with this job you cant really come in this job expecting it to be easy unless you make it that way. Plus you can get a good amount of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunoco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sunoco.

Powered by Comparably