Sunoco Employee Reviews

My Experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 15, 2018
I have been in Sunoco for last three years, and I enjoy working there, especially the flexibility in working hours. I manage the all-cash for the whole day. I learned a lot from there as I have to meet all kinds of people sometimes are too drunk people and you need the skills to handle some conditions.
Pros
3 mile away from where I live
Cons
I don't get Accounting experience there.
the Dardest part
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elverson, PAJuly 11, 2018
When the bus load of Tourist came in to the store and no room in the store and the truck drivers were stubbern and bringing product in on carts was a lot of work
Pros
nice people
Cons
overly busy
Loved this place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirigniaJuly 9, 2018
The one I worked for was well taken care of and always cared for the customers. We were always pushed to keep it clean and well stocked for everyone who would enter.
Fun but dangerous work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJuly 9, 2018
I would walk in then as soon as I clocked in I would count my drawer. It always made me nervous because we did it in front of customers. Gas stations are prone to be held up at gun point and having to count money in front of a would be thief made it nerve racking. As soon as that was done though I immediately went to smiling and helping customers
Pros
Food that would be thrown out employees could eat
Cons
Fear
Very laid back work place, not to much to handle. Nice area, calm.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
I normally work over night so its not too many people coming in and out. I have to sweep, mop, clean the counters , restock the merchandise.
I learned how to multitask very well. Sometimes i have to deal with a boat load of customers and also help someone on the phone. On my shifts i work alone, makes it a little difficult.
Management is good, they are understanding and helps me when ever im confused.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with trying to satisfy the rude customers.
I like my job because it doesn't pit stress on me. I enjoy coming to work.
A reasonably good stepping stone
Senior Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2018
The majority of my time was spent teaching myself, which I enjoyed. The travel demands were at times more than comfortable but it was always good to work with the manufacturing plant staff.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Career advancement
Wonderful place to work
Sr. QC Technologist (Former Employee) –  Eagle Point, NJJuly 8, 2018
Great place to work.
Employee oriented.
Competent management.
Great benefits with great salaries.
Company funded training.
Free foods on lots of occasions.
Sunoco it self
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJuly 6, 2018
Sunoco wouldn’t be such a bad place to work if there wasn’t so much drama. Everyone was too busy in everyone’s business so a lot of issues got started that way.
Pros
Full shifts
Cons
No full breaks
great community connection
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York Springs, PAJuly 5, 2018
Owner/Manager is rude and disrespectful. great community to work around. Small privately owned store. Limited access from highway. Plenty of room to park/rest when travelling
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no benefits, poor management
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 3, 2018
Poor poor management the breakfast is good the lunch is fail the people is ok the locate is great the hours are good but they are short staffed and they only don't take out the trash
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
You will work alone
Employees Were Never heard
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJune 24, 2018
Multiple times management was told about others calling off, coming in late, disrespecting customers, and even snorting substances in the back when they were not present to fire them on the spot...and absolutely nothing was done about it. Not only that, but if another called off whoever had worked the 8-hour shift before would be forced to cover for them without a break seeing as the manager did not want to come back to work that day. It was also the responsibility of the employee working to find someone to cover the others shift if they had to leave the store after their designated shift, management efforts were at a bare minimum.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Occasional Breaks, No Respect
Fun place to work with good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXJune 24, 2018
Had fun when i worked there, i just had personal issues an had to quit. I would recommend working at a sunoco to anyone.its fun an easy all you have to do is fallow instructions
Understaffed workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 20, 2018
Typical day at work includes getting ready for the daily shift. Handling any customer or employee situations as they occur. Making sure the site is clean, organized, stocked and safe for customers and employees.

I learned a lot at this company. Different ways to achieve positive customer service. How to anticipate and correct problems before they occur. How to properly interview applicants. How to manage employees correctly. How to build a proper schedule.

The management until recently was a joy to work with. New parent company with new rules changed all that. Morale is low.

Hardest part of the job is attempting to do all the work with a two thirds of the normal crew.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people from around the country and world that travel the road by our site.
Poor management and impatient customers
Associate (Former Employee) –  East Branch, NYJune 19, 2018
I had a manager who would shoot me dirty looks from day 1 on the job and apparently voiced disdain for me when I wasn't present. As a result I felt like I couldn't trust the leadership. Also, you would be amazed at how negatively people can react when you ask to see their IDs as they purchase alcohol and cigarettes.
Pros
A job
Cons
No breaks, poor management, rude customers
Amazing place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 10, 2018
I love working with a small knit staff and being treated like family! The manager at Sunoco is super flexible with schedules including school or other jobs and family events.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar aveJune 10, 2018
Love working with the public fast paced always busy time goes fast great co workers very entertaining meet so many interesting people flexible schedule
Pros
The public customers
Cons
N/a
relaxed and fun atmosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 6, 2018
During the day it is fast paced but it starts to slow down in the evening. The hardest part was waiting for the day to end. The best part was getting to do your own thing, within reason, during the slow times.
Bad culture at Sunoco
Corrosion Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
I was hired by Gulf Oil in 1969 at the Philadelphia Refinery. They were a good company. Chevron took over Gulf Oil around 1985. They were also a good company and reliability motivated. Sunoco bought the Refinery in 1994. Sunoco's culture was to save themselves out of a job. Which they eventually did.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Bad culture
Productive workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
It is a high fast paced environment with friendly workers. The benefits are good. But I feel they need to be more considerate with scheduling their employees.
Productive and fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Halfmoon, NYJune 1, 2018
As Manager, my responsibilities include scheduling shifts, handling orders, both completing them, and putting them away, handling guest relations, making sure the building is clean and maintained properly, and overall everything is well taken care of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunoco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight