Sunoco Employee Reviews

Poor management and impatient customers
Associate (Former Employee) –  East Branch, NYJune 19, 2018
I had a manager who would shoot me dirty looks from day 1 on the job and apparently voiced disdain for me when I wasn't present. As a result I felt like I couldn't trust the leadership. Also, you would be amazed at how negatively people can react when you ask to see their IDs as they purchase alcohol and cigarettes.
Pros
A job
Cons
No breaks, poor management, rude customers
Amazing place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 10, 2018
I love working with a small knit staff and being treated like family! The manager at Sunoco is super flexible with schedules including school or other jobs and family events.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar aveJune 10, 2018
Love working with the public fast paced always busy time goes fast great co workers very entertaining meet so many interesting people flexible schedule
Pros
The public customers
Cons
N/a
relaxed and fun atmosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 6, 2018
During the day it is fast paced but it starts to slow down in the evening. The hardest part was waiting for the day to end. The best part was getting to do your own thing, within reason, during the slow times.
Bad culture at Sunoco
Corrosion Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
I was hired by Gulf Oil in 1969 at the Philadelphia Refinery. They were a good company. Chevron took over Gulf Oil around 1985. They were also a good company and reliability motivated. Sunoco bought the Refinery in 1994. Sunoco's culture was to save themselves out of a job. Which they eventually did.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Bad culture
Productive workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
It is a high fast paced environment with friendly workers. The benefits are good. But I feel they need to be more considerate with scheduling their employees.
Productive and fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Halfmoon, NYJune 1, 2018
As Manager, my responsibilities include scheduling shifts, handling orders, both completing them, and putting them away, handling guest relations, making sure the building is clean and maintained properly, and overall everything is well taken care of.
Hate it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PAMay 30, 2018
I hated this job day in and day out. Boss was lazy, customers were high always caused a problem, place was dirty, expired food and drinks, only was there for money.
Pros
Payday
Good
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 27, 2018
Good work experience here. I likes tge bpss and thr quality of work. I liked pumping gas and being nicw to people. The customer service part was intriguing as well.
better schedule
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 25, 2018
at the time I had two jobs and the manager was not working with my day schedule, can't really explain,I loved working there it was just my schedule was not set for my to move forward with my life style
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawn, PAMay 23, 2018
It’s great to work there just need alittle more money to get by. It’s hard having to deal with the customers and trying to keep all the things going that I have to.

But great place
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rimersburg, PAMay 21, 2018
It can be very fast paced sometimes. While ringing people out you are expected to clean things up and keep things tidy while making sure your customers are satisfied. Management isn’t hat great just because they’ve never had to work behind the counter a day in their life.
Cons
Short breaks
For a gas station it’s not to bad.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMay 19, 2018
I worked at Sunoco for about 2 years. I was never mistreated all employees were treated fairly and teamwork was definitely there. All complaines change good and bad when store managers come and go but that depends on your location. From my experience I never got the raise I was suppose to and I never got my yearly review. I would work at Sunoco again simply for how convenient it is from where I live. The customers were always great but as for moving up in the company I got no leads even after 2 years.
Pros
Local, customer appreciation, and friendly environment
Cons
Pay and moving up within the company not in my favor.
Technician
It Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
It was a new experience working with gas pumps and their way of work. But I enjoyed my experience there and I would return if that was the case but I'm looking for my next thing.
Slow place to work
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse, OHMay 15, 2018
Very slow, inconsistent hours, inconsistent pay. I worked with a thief and they still kept her even though they caught her on camera, the manager had favorites, no mats to stand on, food wasn't prepared properly, machines were always dirty, roller grill was nasty all of the time.
Not a place i would ever recommend to work
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 14, 2018
I worked 48 hours in a week but got no overtime pay. I was told i was lucky to get paid. The owner said she would give me three days a week to work but another employee through a fit so she didn't.
Meh
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2018
Meh, nothing special. It was a job. It kinda paid the bills. I wouldn't work there again. It was great at first and then sucks severely. I would highly recommend skipping this as a place of employment unless you're super desperate like I was.
it was amusing
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed the customers,meeting new people and getting to know the regular customers. The shifts were flexible at times to where you got to enjoy family functions. The manager was understanding,the regulations changed randomly but it was nothing major.
Easy going environment can pick up extra hours at different store locations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 9, 2018
This company offers so much to their employees . Whether your a part time worker or choose a full time position. It's easy task to do throughout your shift but for the majority of the day you will be checking out customers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no time for lunch breaks
My job was my job, but i was not paid for overtime
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Opp, ALMay 9, 2018
I do not recommend anyone working for Sunoco. He worked me 75-80 hours per week and not once ever paid me overtime. I worked for the store and the Subway.
Pros
Paid weekly and it was near home
Cons
overworked and underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunoco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight