SunPower Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great autonomy for Regional Sales Reps.
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 8, 2018
The organization allowed for us as regional sales representatives to find our own clients and make our own book of business.

They also allowed for one on one coaching from experienced sales professionals
Pros
Good compensation for new solar installations
Cons
Poor training pipeline
Typical Silicon Valley company.
Global Strategic Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2018
Poor strategic vision for the future and little to no fortitude to stay the course. Poor Management Team with little to no communication with employees.
Pros
Decent bonus, fair salary
Cons
Puny 3% 401K Match
No enough work
A.2) Lead Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 25, 2018
Worked as Lead Planner for Solar Power of commercial projects in East Coat .
The scope of work
1. Developing the baseline schedule for EPC projects.
2. Resource Loading the baseline schedule with different resources, by using the resources in Oracle.
3. Updating the schedules on weekly bases and doing correction action for any delays.
4. Developing the weekly reports for updating scheduls, like Critical Path Analysis, Three week Look-Ahead, and the Cost forecast projections for coming work periods.
Nice Place to work
Salesforce Administrator/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 16, 2018
Good encouragement for the employees who to learn skills and develop knowledge in the respective field. It was a good experience while working in that organization.
Fun workplace and friendly employees.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2018
I only worked at sunpower for about 3 months. I was just a fill in receptionist until they found someone with more experience. My experience was fun even thought my trainer stopped showing up after the second day, leaving me to figure things out on my own. Other than that everyone was super friendly to me and I loved working there.
Pros
Free food, coffee, friendly people, parties
Cons
VP's, some training
I enjoy some of the people I work with
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Sunpower is always downsizing. The people I work with makes the Best of what is left at Sunpower. The moral at Sunpower is next to NONE. Something needs to change.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Working for a Corporation
Door to door sales are stressful
Sales Lead Generator/Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 29, 2018
This was a door to door job
Supervisor lacked social skills and swore al the time with his huge ego.
Getting the door slammed in your face day in day out can become stressful and takes a toll on a person self esteem.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no leads small checks
Good coworkers
SOLAR INSTALLER (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 14, 2018
it is a nice company to work for they offer great benefits and all that but they don't really appreciate all the work that is done to their benefit. what sucks is being out in the sun all the time and being out in the cold. the best thing would be getting to travel some days to different cities and other times to different states.
Pros
good hours
Cons
drive your own car sometimes
They have no intention of hiring permanent positions
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Very unorganized and lack of training. This is all put on your shoulders with little or no direction. Even if you look for answers, they are difficult to find. The inner departments do not support one another and their business plan doesn't include keeping any field employees. They pay well but can care less about your career with them, even if you are a stand out employee.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Not career oriented, lack of support, lack of direction, everyone is treated as disposable
Sun power review
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Sun Power. It was a great expierence to have to work alongside staff and be able to interact with students on another level
Pros
Catering was great
Cons
Slow-paced at times
Overall safe and good place to work
Planner/Scheduler Logistics Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosamond, CADecember 14, 2017
Great company! Everyone immensely cares about the clients they serve and helps to create a fun and safe environment that allows everyone to be involved in their community! There needs to be more companies like them in the in the work world.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
I will get back to you on that one
Good place to work to
Commercial Monitoring Team Lead (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionDecember 13, 2017
A strong company who gives good benefits to all employees. I definitely learned a lot on PV systems with this company. Hard part of the job is to have your team of 8 engineers scattered to cover 24/7 support
I definetely apply again in Sunpower
Quality Management representative for Internal (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MENovember 20, 2017
Is stressful but a great job and team to work here, I considered is challenging group and something a company with 24/7 can be demanding to your family, but the benefits are worth it
Stepping stone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2017
Good job to learn various office skills. Relaxed family owned company. If you want to learn new things this is a good place to broaden your skill set.
Everything is Awesome! (Except it's Not)
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 26, 2017
Self-proclaimed visionaries, writing their own press releases.

Ignore the chaos, the disorganization, the lack of accountability, the angry customers, the piles of debt, the layoffs, and the massive dumpster fire of a company you see around you... We're changing the way the world is powered!!!!!

And we change our approach every week!!

Yay!
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
magical thinking, delusion, crazy-poor management
Not a good year for solar
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 4, 2017
Good benefits and decent salary package if bonus payout is made.
Too many cuts in every department. Bad leadership decisions lead to losses and layoffs 3 times in a year. Employees are expected to work on 3-5 projects at a time without any rewards or incentives. There were hardly any team building events planned in 2016.
Good pay, poor management and fractured delegation with constant restructuring
Consultant through Aerotek/EASi (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 14, 2017
Good temp work until something more permanent comes along. If you can get in permanent by knowing someone or being in a hard to find category, I would take it. Just be ready for stress, change and an extreme level of politics that can blow your way one day and then out the door the next. Recent cuts and high workload have lend to poor work life balance. No one knows where to find things or who does what except for those that have been there forever.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
good
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 29, 2017
good but needs some improvment. employees should i think commission only is not good for this type of job. More financial security for the employees would be helpful
great place with friendly coworkers
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 27, 2017
i learned everything i know about solar instalation from this company and the friends i made there i liked the fact that they were quality over quantity and i was able to take pride in the work i did there
Austin office was fun and positive - great location
N/A (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2017
Reported to manager in San Jose - this was the problem. Not a good manager. Poor communicator and very controlling. No empowerment or support.

Had strong relationships with all internal customers.

Loved working in the Austin office and truly wish I could have kept my job (laid off with 2500 others) and worked for someone locally.
Pros
Company culture and youth
Cons
Management out of touch and poor communication