Sunpro Solar Employee Reviews

Super fun company to work for - training is sub par.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2019
I LOVE working at Sunpro - they are flexible, they try to implement processes, and they have good benefits. Things are always changing as the company is growing exponentially and unfortunately training (because things are always changing) is almost non existent. However, the company as a whole wants you to succeed, I believe recognizes hard work, and takes care of their employees. I learn something new every day. This is a HARD job and I commend anyone who can do it well because there are a lot of moving parts.
20% Warehouse Manager
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2019
When reading the job description and duties posted please be aware of what you are getting yourself into. It is only 20 percent true.The one person warehouse job is only 20% of you daily activities. The other 80 is running errands and doing odd jobs for everyone else in the main office who works in the A/C. The pay is good with plenty of overtime but the management at this location is weak and untrustworthy. If you are honestly trying to manage a junky unorganized warehouse it will not happen. Your warehouse is low on the current management priority list in which they rather have you to run office errands instead of trying to organize a junky warehouse. Current management has no faith in someone who has over 20 plus years of running a warehouse in the military (with a Bachelors Degree) by spying on you with the cameras inside the warehouse. The best was done from the time I was there but I was there to manage a warehouse and not be an errand boy. I believe on doing a job that I am being paid to do and I was not. You will not be managing a warehouse you will be an errand employee.
Pros
Overtime Pay
Cons
Poor and weak current management who does not have a mind of his own, Only concern about moving up in the company as fast as possible.
Work from home office with extensive travel to meet with potential customers
SOLAR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Work from home office and travel the stateJuly 22, 2019
Insufficient training in order to properly close a customer purchase due to complications and little knowledge of the CRM and ordering software. Excessive travel 5-6 days of week to follow company leads. The vast majority of leads the were supposedly confirmed, were not home. Some "leads" have not heard of the company. Management's idea of training at our weekly meeting in Tampa was an hour and a half of "sell, sell, sell". When the company did not have or would not have leads, we were expected to randomly knock on doors all day trying to sell a$50000 to $60000 system to a family that you just met.
Great company that wants to see you succeed.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2019
Friendly employees. If you stick with the business model, you will be successful. Company encourages work/life balance. Plenty of opportunities to move up.
Paid training prior
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 26, 2019
Was a bit fast paced but I made it ,
Still alot to learn just isnt for me for all the hours Im looking more or less part time
Alot of footwork was involved as well.
Outside sells isnt easy
I would of liked to expand with company as I was promised leads . I have not recieved any as of yet .
I need more consistant paychecks
Good office morale, bad management/business practices
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LA.June 17, 2019
I worked for the company for a year. I was hired to be an administrative assistant. I mostly enjoyed the experience up until the end when the man I worked directly under decided to change my position from administrative assistant to project assistant (which I have no experience in) without discussing with me or HR. Within the year, I was forcibly told that my job no longer existed and that I would have the option to be a project assistant instead. When I called a meeting with HR to discuss this proposed job change, I was told I would receive $6 LESS an hour and that I had no other option. Take the job offered or nothing. This ultimatum caused me a great deal of undue stress in my professional and personal life. Beware...they hire to fill positions, not to fulfill careers. I also never received referral bonus’ and time accrued when I left. I would recommend this job to someone who needs experience but doesn’t necessarily want to stay in one place or one job for too long.
Decent company too much bureaucracy no one knows anything
Solar Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2019
It is a commission only position. Company makes lot of mistakes on paychecks and underpays./ Doesn’t pay referrals though promised Company routinely exaggerates the performance and savings of its services. It takes 4-6 months for a project to be done vs 3-4 weeks for other companies. There are more bosses than employees but no one wants to make a decision or do the right thing. Makes warranties and guarantees which it can never keep
Pros
Technology, Decent leads, Friendly
Cons
No one communicates, No one solves problems, Top heavy
Fun company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAMay 15, 2019
This is a good job to have, it is not difficult to learn. It is a job where you will always be learning. They offer full benefits and referral bonuses. The CEO is very friendly and takes care of the staff.
San Antonio office - Disgraceful and pathetic management.
Solar Installer / Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2019
ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE of organization or planning.

Management is a joke. The amount of incompetence and disorganization from the “Office/Project Manager” to the “Project Coordinators” (there’s four of them). Jobs get changed constantly, office personnel forget to give you permits, you’re doing other employees jobs “because they forgot”. They don’t have a rating system for raises, its whatever the project manager feels your worth. Expect to be told on your way back to the shop to drive 2 hours in the complete opposite direction at 4pm to do a job. High turnover because of management.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Pros
They pay for tools (provided you agree to them gutting your check)
Cons
Management, raises, work/life balance.
team supportive
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAFebruary 16, 2019
open potential for sales and open territory, sales are from internet sales target sources and self generated calls, family, friends, social meetings, trade shows
great place to work
SOLAR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
Sunpro is an excellent place to work. The job gives you freedom to work on your own with an unlimited cap on income. You have to be self disciplined, able to follow up with customers, and sell.
good workers and environment
Lead/Forman Installer on job site (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAMay 30, 2018
i ran a crew installing solar panels, i learned a lot about solar and how much you can save with electricity, the people that worked there was good people and fun to go to work, it was hard working on a steep roof and dealing with the weather.
Pros
nice work environment and management
Cons
weather would be really hot and steep roofs
Great Company To Be A Part Of
Senior Solar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
I love my time at Sunpro, the whole team works well with each other. Great home-work life balance. They provide all the resources need to be success and continue to make an impact in the renewable industry.
Pros
Comp Car & Fuel Card. Company Leads, with SG Bonuses, Work-Life Balance
Ok Place to work. Stressful
Home Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Its an alright company. Unorganized at times, and stressful. Depends on the department you work in. The Energy efficiency department is not what I expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunpro Solar. Our community is ready to answer.