Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers Employee Reviews

Helping seniors and families find a safe, healthful and supportative environment for vibrant living.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 29, 2019
Helping families and seniors in finding a safe environment during the time in their life when they made need some help to live their best life. Working within the community to establish what assisted living and memory care is and how it can help their patients. Work with families who are looking for alternatives for their love ones who can no longer live alone in their homes. Providing medical, spiritual, and social support for seniors in a community based living situation.
Pros
Working together with a team to provide the support for senior residents.
Cons
Pressure to meet sales goals to keep the community full.
Funnest job
Medication Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2019
I was layed off but i loved this job. I gained a lot of experience and was able to move up quickly to a medication care manager. I worked with a great set of people. A great team.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
fast pace and productive.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cresskill, NJJanuary 26, 2019
my typical day begins with stocking my cart with supply and then start clean my areas and apartments for the residents. Management they are easy to talk too and helpful with any problems. The culture is easy going and productive. The hardest part is being on my feet for eight hours. The enjoyable part is talking to the residents.
Pros
Great co workers
It was ok while I worked there.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJanuary 24, 2019
I really dont remember a lot about working there it has beeen a llong time ago.but just like everywhere Ive did this work Ive meet great Residents and Co-workers.
Pros
They hired me when i needed a job.
Cons
Very small facility
supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2019
Supervised Alzheimer's patients, planned and executed programs for memory retention and planned and organized activities for the clients, some direct care and med distribution under nurses care
The hardest part of the job is keeping good employees
Assistant Living Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 30, 2018
Due to a lack of the ability to work as a team the company looses good team members. Individuals are hired with the expectation of certain duties and are quickly reformatted to a different role.
nice patients, fun activities
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lincroft, NJDecember 25, 2018
great activitity coordinatior. good food for the the patients. good activities. great health insurance. great co workers. great cat and dog living on resident.
Pros
cat and dog
Cons
short break
sunrise
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2018
they do not prepare you for moving up, they only promote their favorite, even if they are not as qualified as others. They do not tell you what the jobs details is, they change them depending in what they need.
Great place
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 20, 2018
This place was a great place to start working for someone who has an interest in health care. It really helps you develop the skills that you need as a health care profession.
Job Satisfaction high, mission orientated ,care of elderly
Dining Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 17, 2018
The mission of Sunrise is very rewarding. Caring for the elderly is a highly rewarding position. However the heavy workload placed on each individual doesn't match the salary offered.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
work overload
Productive workplace
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2018
Sunrise Senior Living i will say is a very diversity workspace. I love that team members can come together and help each other out. Build meaningful relationships with residents and make them feel at home and as independent as they like.
Director (Former Employee) –  NjDecember 11, 2018
Employees run the building .no job security let you go for anything work ethic means nothing only optics. You are insignificant they only want people who do not speak there mind only people that keep everyone happy and don’t care as long as the job gets done no matter if it is the right way just as long as it’s politically correct
Pros
Good company
Cons
Employees run everything
As a Sales Director I had many opportunities to create Success for Families and Seniors searching for thier next home.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 11, 2018
The Seniors are amazing! The Care Staff were wonderful and committed to the Residents.

I would suggest a monthly Training geared to bolster connections between the differing departments, increasing team work at all levels!
Pros
Free lunches
Rewarding Workplace
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 6, 2018
I loved working fir Sunrise. Management was great. The director was wonderful and involved. The residents were a joy to work with. My co-workers were wonderful. I always looked forward to going to work.
Excellent company to work for
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CADecember 4, 2018
I loved my job here . Typically I would assist about 10 or more residents with Activities of daily living and go with them to doctor appointments, take them to their hair salon appointments. Fun activities. Assist with feeding if needed. Assist them during night time and get them ready for bed.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere amazing staff and coworkers were so helpful teamwork for me was great
Cons
Residents passing away was always difficult for everyone especially if you were their caregiver
good place to work, overall
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 4, 2018
This is a good place to work and I would recommend it to my friends and family. Hope I get to live their one day when I am old. The residents and caregivers are amazing. Management is alright.
caring community
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 3, 2018
working with the elderly has taught me so many valuable lessons of life. I love them all. I could be having the worst day but seeing them can really change my mood around for the better. Although, it can be tough for the caregivers. Days can become so stressful. I don’t think anyone could understand unless they were once a caregiver. Besides the tough and overworked days, I’m glad to say my team is lovely. So generous to the residents.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough help
Some what fun.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CANovember 27, 2018
As an employee with Sunrise, I quickly noticed how stressful the people who worked there were. We quickly noticed how much managers cared for their crew members, and how difficult it was working with one another. This was mostly due to lack of communication.
Horrible
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 20, 2018
There is no way one can withered and not be discussed with management. It sucks! Tons to do, high stress and the residents can tell. I also had poor training so after working here for 2 months, I still don’t know what I’m doing.
Very fast paced.
LEAD CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 20, 2018
This is a super fast paced environment to work in. It definitely was a lot of fun and a lot of crazy stories. Lots of laughs and very life changing perspective on the elderly community. Opens your eyes to a lot. Only problem with this job was management was terrible and the pay was even WORSE. If they paid even a couple dollars more instead of so much overtime the staff would be able to stay working here for longer periods of time and they would be a lot happier.
Pros
3 dollar lunches
Cons
Too attached to residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers.

Powered by Comparably