Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers Employee Reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the search See all 1,623 reviews
Hig turn over
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2018
Sunrise was a okay place to work, but was always short of staff on the 7-3 and 3-11 shift. They was not able to keep people, because so much to due and not paying the right amount of money
Decent job, decent people
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2018
I really like the atmosphere and the people here. I can see myself being here for awhile just for that reason. But, the pay could be better just like any job in this field really. There's p opportunity to advance that's always good. Benefits, the usual you know. Overall a good company.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Insufficient pay
Fast Paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTNovember 14, 2018
Fast paced, stressful. I learned to manage my time and the stress that came with the job. The hardest part of the job is no one would hardly help you and some didn't do their job but the expected you to help them and had more work cause others didn't get things done.
Great residents, poor management
Resident Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 11, 2018
While the residents at Sunrise are completely Awesome!! The management, stressful turn-overs , and low salary are not conducive to living and surviving in today's world with a positive outlook.
Pros
Resident communication
Cons
low pay, stressful environment, poor management
Very nice place to work
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PANovember 10, 2018
Management and staff are very considerate of those with children and those who attend school. They are flexible with work hours and are pushing you to succeed. I enjoy working for them.
Just needed more staff and a security at night.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 9, 2018
I worked as a overnight staff, the building security was a bit questionable. Team member would disappear often when you needed assistance. Too many residents for one person to tend to, there causing some to wait longer for help.
Cons
short breaks
Loving residents
LVN at Sunrise Senior Assistant Living (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CANovember 8, 2018
I love to work in Sunrise. I didn't plan to quit. I'll keep working in Sunrise as a part time job.
I have been looking for an another job at 8am- 5pm or 9am - 6pm due to babysitter.
Pros
No stress
Cons
I didn't get 8-5 pm working hour
Nice people to work with
Nursing Home Administrator in Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 7, 2018
Good people,staff, patient, residents and good community to work they just need to start paying more. need more staff
Good place to work and good staff
Excellent care to residents from a devoted team of care givers.
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MONovember 6, 2018
As Health Care Coordinator I was the only RN on staff and was often a resource to other department heads as we collaborated to deliver excellent resident care.
Pros
beautiful work environment
Cons
24/7 on call
Excellent Place to work
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 5, 2018
Very rewarding experience to work at Sunrise especially as an Activities Coordinator or Life Enrichment Manager. The reward is the smiling faces of the residents when they enjoy an activity that you are facilitating and you put that joy in their soul. It is hard to see a resident that you have grown close too, pass away, but at least you were able to bring some excitement and joy to their lives by encouraging them to do the things that they enjoy doing like singing, acting, painting or dancing to name a few activities.
Pros
A blessing to work with Seniors and make them smile
Cons
Low Pay
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CANovember 5, 2018
I was able to gain experience a volunteer working and helping seniors. I played games with them and watered plants with them. I enjoyed giving them company.
Team members are great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2018
There isn't job security. Staff aren't appreciated. Team members work well together. Management continually change as each sunrise is now owned by Well tower or other management company. Therefore there's always changes.
Overall there should be a union in place to protect employees.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Corporate Managers
Team Efforts
Culinary Cook-PR1 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 2, 2018
All around excellent staff.
Fast pace environment team players sanitation awareness recipes must follow. Talk with the residence, staying positive, always talk with staff open door policy.
Pros
Team efforts
Cons
Culinary skills lacking
Great Workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great Company to work for. On your feet a lot if you work in the kitchen. Management is great. They have a great open door policy. Don't be afraid to talk to a manager about issues.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
People steal from you.
Interesting
LIFE ENRICHMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHOctober 26, 2018
I really enjoy taking care of the elderly. I believe it is an honor to be entrusted with families love ones. I have learned a lot from the residents with dementia. Just being able to share activities and daily life routines that we as people take advantage of. It's the simple things that warm my heart to share myself with them. The hardest part is when it's time for me to leave and they ask to leave with me or when will I be returning.
Pros
Sharing Love
Cons
Hours being cut when resident are no longer there
fun with only motivatied employes
Housekeeper/ Care manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 25, 2018
okay place to work wouldnt go back if i was offered some days can go by smooth and its not always team work and thats the reason they will lose emplyees
Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 24, 2018
I liked working at Sunrise Senior Living. The people were very friendly and the Residents that live there were very king and welcoming when I went to work.
N/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2018
It was ok If they change management over the CNA's the workplace will be a lot better.management would talk you as if you were a child and work you as if you didn't have a life outside the workplace.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad Managment
The elderly are made to feel important.
Dining Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 24, 2018
The team members are mostly nice but the company doesn't back you up when you need help with employees. The company talks about team member retention, but has little to do with training staff about the job they need to do.
fun place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAOctober 23, 2018
really enjoyed my 5 years with this company they are willing g to help you with whatever we is needed...residents are funny and witty and always want to help you with some tasks eve though you explain to them that you've got it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight