Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search See all 1,636 reviews
Director (Former Employee) –  NjDecember 11, 2018
Employees run the building .no job security let you go for anything work ethic means nothing only optics. You are insignificant they only want people who do not speak there mind only people that keep everyone happy and don’t care as long as the job gets done no matter if it is the right way just as long as it’s politically correct
Pros
Good company
Cons
Employees run everything
As a Sales Director I had many opportunities to create Success for Families and Seniors searching for thier next home.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 11, 2018
The Seniors are amazing! The Care Staff were wonderful and committed to the Residents.

I would suggest a monthly Training geared to bolster connections between the differing departments, increasing team work at all levels!
Pros
Free lunches
Rewarding Workplace
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 6, 2018
I loved working fir Sunrise. Management was great. The director was wonderful and involved. The residents were a joy to work with. My co-workers were wonderful. I always looked forward to going to work.
Excellent company to work for
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CADecember 4, 2018
I loved my job here . Typically I would assist about 10 or more residents with Activities of daily living and go with them to doctor appointments, take them to their hair salon appointments. Fun activities. Assist with feeding if needed. Assist them during night time and get them ready for bed.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere amazing staff and coworkers were so helpful teamwork for me was great
Cons
Residents passing away was always difficult for everyone especially if you were their caregiver
good place to work, overall
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 4, 2018
This is a good place to work and I would recommend it to my friends and family. Hope I get to live their one day when I am old. The residents and caregivers are amazing. Management is alright.
caring community
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 3, 2018
working with the elderly has taught me so many valuable lessons of life. I love them all. I could be having the worst day but seeing them can really change my mood around for the better. Although, it can be tough for the caregivers. Days can become so stressful. I don’t think anyone could understand unless they were once a caregiver. Besides the tough and overworked days, I’m glad to say my team is lovely. So generous to the residents.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough help
Some what fun.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CANovember 27, 2018
As an employee with Sunrise, I quickly noticed how stressful the people who worked there were. We quickly noticed how much managers cared for their crew members, and how difficult it was working with one another. This was mostly due to lack of communication.
Horrible
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 20, 2018
There is no way one can withered and not be discussed with management. It sucks! Tons to do, high stress and the residents can tell. I also had poor training so after working here for 2 months, I still don’t know what I’m doing.
Very fast paced.
LEAD CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 20, 2018
This is a super fast paced environment to work in. It definitely was a lot of fun and a lot of crazy stories. Lots of laughs and very life changing perspective on the elderly community. Opens your eyes to a lot. Only problem with this job was management was terrible and the pay was even WORSE. If they paid even a couple dollars more instead of so much overtime the staff would be able to stay working here for longer periods of time and they would be a lot happier.
Pros
3 dollar lunches
Cons
Too attached to residents.
Sunrise
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20850November 19, 2018
Sunrise has taught me about giving to others and being helpful. It also gave me an experience to see how the environment there is like and what the effects it has on the residents living in Sunrise.
Stressful Work
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
Working for sunrise you do lots of work for little pay. The job entitled picking up people on a lift If you have the opportunity go to school finish the degree and get your RN they dont do really any work.
Hig turn over
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2018
Sunrise was a okay place to work, but was always short of staff on the 7-3 and 3-11 shift. They was not able to keep people, because so much to due and not paying the right amount of money
Decent job, decent people
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2018
I really like the atmosphere and the people here. I can see myself being here for awhile just for that reason. But, the pay could be better just like any job in this field really. There's p opportunity to advance that's always good. Benefits, the usual you know. Overall a good company.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Insufficient pay
Fast Paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTNovember 14, 2018
Fast paced, stressful. I learned to manage my time and the stress that came with the job. The hardest part of the job is no one would hardly help you and some didn't do their job but the expected you to help them and had more work cause others didn't get things done.
Great residents, poor management
Resident Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 11, 2018
While the residents at Sunrise are completely Awesome!! The management, stressful turn-overs , and low salary are not conducive to living and surviving in today's world with a positive outlook.
Pros
Resident communication
Cons
low pay, stressful environment, poor management
Very nice place to work
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PANovember 10, 2018
Management and staff are very considerate of those with children and those who attend school. They are flexible with work hours and are pushing you to succeed. I enjoy working for them.
Just needed more staff and a security at night.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 9, 2018
I worked as a overnight staff, the building security was a bit questionable. Team member would disappear often when you needed assistance. Too many residents for one person to tend to, there causing some to wait longer for help.
Cons
short breaks
Loving residents
LVN at Sunrise Senior Assistant Living (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CANovember 8, 2018
I love to work in Sunrise. I didn't plan to quit. I'll keep working in Sunrise as a part time job.
I have been looking for an another job at 8am- 5pm or 9am - 6pm due to babysitter.
Pros
No stress
Cons
I didn't get 8-5 pm working hour
Nice people to work with
Nursing Home Administrator in Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 7, 2018
Good people,staff, patient, residents and good community to work they just need to start paying more. need more staff
Good place to work and good staff
Excellent care to residents from a devoted team of care givers.
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MONovember 6, 2018
As Health Care Coordinator I was the only RN on staff and was often a resource to other department heads as we collaborated to deliver excellent resident care.
Pros
beautiful work environment
Cons
24/7 on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sunrise-Gracewell-Careers.

Powered by Comparably