Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews

The best hospiltal to work at.
Tele Unit and floater (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
I learned so much at Sunrise Hospital. I worked on a medical-surgical, telemetry unit, that also housed very mental patients. the administration staff was excellent ,.
Amazing staff and hospital environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I love working at sunrise hospital and im beyond excited to be part of the change and impact it has in my community. As a volunteer, working with the kids is beyond amazing and I love being part of making a difference no matter how big or small.
Pros
Free lunches
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2018
You are always kept busy, I have earned so much with how to handle people and gained many different skills. There are so many different kinds of people you can get to know. The hardest part was figuring out the needs of people and helping them so that they wouldn't get frustrated, but it was also great getting to know the staff and patients.
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers
VIP Hostess
VIP Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2018
Assisted hospital patients and families with services needed for their families. Checked in with patients daily. Helped explain procedures to patients to assist nurses and doctors.
Horrible place to work at
ER Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2018
There is a high turnover rate as there is no appropriate nurse to patient ratio. As this hospital has many specialities, many patients are sent here. A good place to gain experience, yet a high possibly in losing your license due to unsafe patient to nurse ratios.
loved the job
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2018
the coworkers were not very helpful. the management was horrible. they promoted friends instead of hard workers. people that couldn't get the job done on time got promotions with less work and more pay because of friendships.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
horrible hours and management team
a Productive place to learn and work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2018
My many years her were good for early 2000. the hospital was changing the union was coming and the pay was decent. the staff where a pleasure to work with except the nurse manager for 300
Pros
Good staff good pay great benefit the sunshine club was the best lot of over time
Cons
Over worked pay raise where terrible
Very good place to get the experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2018
This Hospital is a good place to get the experience that you would want if you are very interested the healthcare industry. All the Nursing staff were very friendly and cooperative.
Excellent training and clients are the best
Care Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 15, 2018
Working with the elderly you learn alot and make plenty of friends. Sunrise has a high standard of care and a nice home environment. The staff really cares about the residents and treats them like family.
Pros
All experience for me was good
Cons
When your clients pass away it's hard sometimes.
Skill builder
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2018
I started my nursing career at Sunrise and I am very glad that I did. I have gained skills and confidence that are proving to be invaluable. I am able to learn and grow in a space where I am supported and encouraged and in a ER as busy as Sunrise, that is almost unheard of. The teamwork is AMAZING and the staff works tirelessly to provide quality, patient centered care. I love my job
Pros
Available Overtime, wages, self scheduling, colleagues
Cons
No breaks, heavy workload
Would not recommend working here
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2018
Terrible management and care for employees. Management just does what they need to stay in good graces. Only want people who say yes to what they want.
Student
Student Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109April 23, 2018
A great place to do practicum. You will learn a lot and it is very hands on. Everyone was very helpful and attentive. I learned many new techniques for venipunctures and handling patients.
Good Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2018
Only spent time at Sunrise as a volunteer but the staff were helpful and I gained valuable skills that will help me in my future endeavors, good job would reccomend.
advance technology facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2018
a great place to work one of the best hospital in the Las Vegas area join with a great children hospital next door with great staff and wonderful doctors
Pros
great salarry
busy unit
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2018
working at Sunrise is fast paced, you are constantly challenged and you will grow as a critical care nurse. great team work was part of my Sunrise experience. Lots of management changes in the unit was the hardest part of working. Hospital is utilizing I phones and new technology to improve workflow
Pros
team work
Cons
short breaks
Sunrise hospital went through alot of change due to being purchased by national chain
Relief Charge Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2018
Sunrise went through a lot of change with the purchase by Galen Health, Columbia and others. They cut our benefits and overtime package (we had a special package due to 12 hour shifts).
Pros
good training opportunity for new clinical areas
Cons
increasing work loads for less pay. decrease in job satisfaction
Great environment
RCP ll (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2018
Learned to work with many different cultures and many different and difficult situations. Each unit offered learning and opportunities to grow in the respiratory field.
very fast paced
Vsp phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2018
This hospital is very big and very busy, there are a lot of hard working people here and I enjoyed being in that kind of environment where everyone helps each other out.
The job was hard and challenging but very good for ambitious people who enjoy getting good at their job.
I learned a lot in a very short time here. Some of the patients are very hard to deal with but you get used to it and everything gets easier.
Transparency
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2018
Positive feedback given to anyone by anyone. All levels of management reach out to those above, equal, and below them for feedback and input (suggested changes) and it can be public, private, or anonymously.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2018
Management was involved in day-to-day activities. The work culture was great. the most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere was loving and caring.