Sunrise Management Employee Reviews

Could improve their processes with better technology
HR Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2019
I was super excited about this opportunity in the beginning. I wanted to be able to use my skills and background. Unfortunately the culture was not what I expected and their processes were very outdated (mostly used paper files). They could use technology to make it faster.
Pros
nice people
Cons
overtime, outdated technology
Family oriented
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 28, 2018
Sunrise treats all of their employees as if they really matter. Sunrise has great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K and vacation time. They promote from within which I think is great.
Pros
Rent compensation
January 9, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sunrise Management. We're happy to hear you are enjoying being part of the Sunrise family. It is important for us to invest in the training and development of our team members. We do our best to ensure that our benefits package is comprehesive and competitive. Please feel free to reach out to our HR department with any questions or concerns regarding the workplace. You may also reach out to me for help at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com.

New start up company
Property Manager-LCAM (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 12, 2018
Oversee the day to day operation of a 332 units condo association.
Learning to deal with city officials regarding deficiencies within the community.
The company is to recent to provide a thorough review. We will see in another two three years.
Pros
Great regional-always available.
Cons
Too recent-no benefits
Nice people to work with
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Worked with a lot of really great people. As properties were sold, they were able to place me at another, although I did go from a full time to part time position and needed to move on for financial reasons, it was a great place to work.
Wonderful work environment, medical ,dental,& vision coverage.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAAugust 7, 2018
Wonderful work environment with excellent office team. Central location, Medical, Dental,& Vision coverage + excellent pay with growth & development opportunities
Pros
Wonderful benefits
January 9, 2019

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Sunrise Management. It’s awesome to know that are enjoyed your time with us! It is important for us to invest in the training and development of our team members. Rewarding them for their contributions is one of the many ways we show our appreciation. We wish you the best future, maybe our paths will cross again. Please feel free to reach out to our HR department with any questions or concerns regarding the workplace. You may also reach out to me for help at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com.

Great Place to Work, Friendly people all career minded
On Site Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92111June 25, 2018
Excellent Company to work for with Career Goals in mind for all employees. Caring of their employees. Have excellent training programs and awards ceremonies.
Great group of people to work for.
Pros
Numerous Properties
July 2, 2018

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Sunrise Management. It’s awesome to know that you enjoyed your time with us! It is important for us to invest in the training and development of our team members. Rewarding them for their contributions is one of the many ways we show our appreciation. We wish you the best future, maybe our paths will cross again. Please feel free to reach out to our HR department with any questions or concerns regarding the workplace. You may also reach out to me for help at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com.

July 2, 2018

Customer Experience Specialist

Too much demand and stress
Corporate Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2018
Too much demands & stress, the new director of Small Props is full of herself! Wouldn't work for then again. I will miss alot of people I worked with
Benefits
Cons
Director of small props
January 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your time with us. It is unfortunate that you did not have a favorable experience working with one of our managers. We care a great deal about our team members’ experience within our organization and strongly encourage you to reach out to our HR team to provide us more detailed feedback that we could use to improve. Please connect with us at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Excellent Company To Work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
Excellent Company To Work For
Great President CEO
Excellent Support Staff
Great Workplace Culture
Company Will Continue To Make Its Mark As
They Are A Hard Working Team!
May 8, 2018

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Sunrise Management. We’re so proud to hear that you were happy while working with us! You couldn’t be more right when you say our team is hard working. We’re fortunate to have found so many outstanding individuals who are also fun to be around. Thank you also for mentioning our support team members who are excellent performers and integral in the day-to-day functions of the company. We hope our paths cross again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to our HR department with any questions or concerns regarding the workplace. You may also reach out to me for help at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com.

professional
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAApril 22, 2018
great people great residents and management, too far from where i live is the only reason i'm interested in a different job. The management is great and the area is beautiful .
Pros
professional
Cons
pay rate
April 25, 2018

We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a Sunrise team member. Your feedback regarding the issue of distance is helpful for us to know. We encourage you to discuss the commute with your manager or Human Resources to see if another work site is available. In the event that you do decide to leave, we recommend that you keep in touch with us and watch our job postings for other positions that may be closer to home. If you would like to provide any additional input about your experience, please connect with me at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com.

On Site management means you work 24/7
Onsite Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 10, 2018
As an on site manager, you are always on call. I started at this company because I thought there would be career advancement opportunities due to it being a larger company than the one I had been working for. Turned out that wasn't true. Even when I spoke to my manager about career advancement, she put me off. I finally left because was giving too much of my time and not being compensated enough
Pros
No commute. Live on site
Cons
Live on site. On call 24/7 Difficult to take time off
April 13, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our company. I concur with you that living on-site as a property manager can be a very challenging and demanding job. We take pride in our company culture and providing the tools our staff need in order to grow. This includes training, coaching, increased responsibilities, and most recently rolling out individual development plans for each team member that elects to participate. It is unfortunate that you didn’t feel these tools were available for your development. In an effort to improve the quality of employment we provide, I would love to speak with you in-depth about your experience, particularly regarding expectations and advancement. Please reach out to me at feedback@sunrisemgmt.com to further discuss your input. Thank you for the time you dedicated to being part of the Sunrise family. We wish you much success in your current and future ventures.

April 12, 2018

Poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  OTMarch 12, 2018
Management is horrible and hostile. The manager cannot keep people because she is terrible to work for and should not be in the position she has. I am happy to have moved on.
March 15, 2018

Productive environment
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 7, 2017
Over all a good company.; pay is fare; staff are all friendly; requires online educational monthly class , depending on location, growth may not be a big option.
Bought Out
On Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, COSeptember 28, 2017
This was a pre-corporate culture world where employees mattered and were respected and valued. Wish that Omni would not have bought them out. Boss was great, job was great.
Pros
Nice job
Cons
they went out of business
nice place to work but low pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest, CASeptember 10, 2017
is a godd palce to work is juts been 24/7 is really hard
the property wish i was , there was a lot of work
cleaning the grounds, cleaning the laundries, work orders,leaks
great
Roving Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 16, 2017
Working for Sunrise was a great experience. I had job security and we were always provide to us to make our job easy and fun. Sunrise is a company that like to promote within always looking for the next star in the company to shine
Work and Life balance
Current Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 1, 2017
The company is moving forward with innovative changes to help
the employees achieve success with a career in managing others.
They have many tools to use to guide managers with building life and career skills in training for customer relations and consumer support.
Pros
Education tools and examples for how to manage effectively
Cons
Part time hours
love the Property
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
I really enjoy working, but there was too many favoritism between friends and family relative working on the same place, Property was taking care by previous manager not for doing his or her work due to resident don't care about the property since they think they have money they can do what ever they wants.
Pros
love the insurance coverage
Cons
employees favoritism and tenants as well
Loved my job
Licensed Community Association Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 21, 2016
I worked with many good people, including my homeowners. My boss, the owner, let me do my job without interference. Vacation time was ample and holidays and sick time were great. I loved doing my job with such great office staff.
Pros
Loved the people
Cons
Benefits not so good.
Had a Incredible 2 plus years here,until tragedy hit me and my family and they used me has their scapegoat
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 19, 2015
Not a Company that stands for their staff during a hardship in their Life.This is the worst Company I have ever worked for , after giving them so much. Their Regional is the worst person I have ever worked for.
over worked and under paid
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2015
I worked for this company for almost 2 years. This company speaks of room for advancement and growth, but neither me or any co-workers I worked with, in the 2 years ,ever received a promotion and getting a raise, well that's like money growing on trees. When I did finally get a raise (well over my year mark) it was less than a dollar . I did receive one of their "Golden Raving Fan Awards" just to show that I did a great job for this company. I work numerous times alone in the office , on top of always being asked to work overtime, but none of this paid off in the long run.I feel, I invested my hard work in the wrong company.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
low pay, no discounted rent for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Management. Our community is ready to answer.