Sunrise Manor Nursing Home

Sunrise Manor Nursing Home Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job
I feel like I get really close to my residence and there family. I care so much about the outcome of all my patients, and go the extra mile to see them happy
Honestly the biggest mess...
There wasn't an ounce of structure in the entire facility. Prepare to be scheduled to take care of 35 residents by yourself for 12.5 hours. Management is and always was a joke. Every couple of months a new DON would come in, try to make a bunch of absurd changes that make all of our lives harder, then would leave out of nowhere with no warning. There is absolutely no job stability or adherence to rules/policies. You could be fired for calling in one time while someone else could punch a resident in the face and would keep their job. Prepare to be frequently suspended every time a confused resident makes some insane claim that doesn't even make sense. Also, good luck finding a coworker that is willing to help you out. Worked here for years and regret wasting every second of my life in that place. Save yourself the insanity and work somewhere else...
not a good place
always understaffed, hardest part of the day was the whole shift like i said before we was always short, management was terrible. I would not go back here at all.
Productive, layed back place to work
Really enjoyed being able to do my internship at the facility. Lorrie the Medical records specialist really was helpful in show me the ropes and around the facility.
Great place to work and great people to work with. You end up loving all the residents but it is sad and hard to cope when a resident that you were close with passes away. I never had a bad day working here. Co-workers and residents cheer you up all day long.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay rate
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great Place to Work
A typical day at Sunrise Manor consisted of answering call lights helping residence with toileting as needed / taking vital signs/ hydration needs, hygiene and grooming, turning bed residence every two hours. Ambulation to and from therapy, visits, activities chapel. Preparing for meals and set up for meal time and help with eating as needed. After meals, recording I&O's, assisting residents back to rooms, helping with pre-bedtime routine (pajamas, oral care, toilet), emptying/measuring Foley Catheter outputs towards end of shift. Also assisting supervising nurse (within scope of CNA practice).
Pros
rewarding, good benefits, regular training
Cons
not for everyone
building good relationship with residents and family is fun
During my typical work day, I am responsible to overseeing a team of LPNs and CNAs as they complete their assignments. I am also responsible to ensure safety of the residents, complete admissions during the shift, assist in resident's care and communicating issues with the Director of Nursing.
Very structured and humble working environment
Good management, team oriented co-workers, and organized work shift.. Had to keep a clean work station.. Have knowledge of all residents and dietary needs.. Prep and serve meals as reviewed and requested.. Accommodate all residents with their specific needs.. Supply good, friendly, supportive service.. Clean and sterilize work stations and areas for next shift..
Pros
Good breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrise Manor Nursing Home?
cna
Work environment is very stressful, lack of team work. management is non-helpful unless State is in the building. Lack of communication with the staff.
Pros
laid back
Cons
some team players
Productive/
The training isn't enough for all the shifts that you need to know especially when you are only available on the weekends The people that do work there full time are very hardworking people but they have also been working there for year, so they know everything there is to know about the job. I hope to get more hours as they become available
Pros
love the seniors
Cons
hard work
Coorporate is not concerned with staff or residents
For the cooperate office they are only concerned about the money. They do not care about doing the right thing. They will lie about any and everything to make a dollar. It is really sad for staff, residents, and their families
Pros
the residents and some coworkers
Cons
too many to mention
Glad to be close to home.
Very Family oriented atmosphere. Loved the director of nursing, she was like family. Very busy days cared for many patients. Loved getting to know the patients and being a part of their lives.
Enjoyed helping to train new nurses. The Hardest part of job is not having more time to spend with each patient.
Great job for those who like to stay busy
A typical day at my job starts off with multiple tasks as far as setting up the work station(s) for later operations. I've come to learn a lot about my capabilities in a constantly busy environment, I have developed a sufficiently moderate working pace that can be modified if need be. Management presence is light in my area of work due to a specific system that my coworkers and I follow, our supervisors main concern is with the residents and products. I would have to say that I do not view any part of my job as hard or difficult, personal feelings of certain tasks are just that, personal. My enjoyment lies within the fact that there are constant procedures to be performed so as to give the feel of a fast work day.
Lpn
Passed meds, reviewed charts for compliance with labs and meds also for pain med compliance
Fun work place
I loved cooking food for my residents because a lot of them dont have vistors nor family. They feel like they have been abanded. So I love going to them to ask what they think about each meal cause that is one thing that I think that they have a lil control of.
Pros
giving the residents a voice
Cons
not enought hrs